Nessa

My chair.
I'm exhausted from the crying and the fretting and the unwarranted usage of my powers, but I need it back.
My chair is an important part of my day and my independence and a crucial part of me as a person.
I feel too vulnerable without it.
To my right, Elphaba is sat upon a chair and to my left Marigold is doing the same.
The kind old woman has her hand upon mine again, who's comfort it's for us unbeknownst to me but I don't protest.
Marigold has gentle eyes: motherly, smiling eyes, that look at you as if you've never done any wrong in all your life.
I feel safe with this woman beside me, she's seen me at my worst and most vulnerable and yet she still seems to use the same calm tone of voice no matter what and I appreciate it.

"Are you feeling alright Nessa?" Elphaba whispers, interrupting my peace and quiet.
I really want to go to sleep again but I'm terrified of waking up and having another one of my positions stolen from me, whoever it was might as well have just taken my kidneys instead.
"Madame?" Marigold whispers, trying to catch my attention.
She tightens her hand that's gripping my fingers and I look towards her.
"Your sister is talking to you." She mutter.
I sigh and turn my head back towards my sister.
"Sorry." I mumble, "Elphaba can you sit me up please?"
Elphaba obliges obediently and Marigold assists by placing a cushion behind me, I sink down into it and sigh deeply.
I'm in desperate need of getting my chair back.
"You gave poor Boc quite a fright" marigold chuckles at me.
I breathe deeply, knowing that I perhaps went too far yet somehow he didn't seem to mind all that much.
"I would have rang his neck if I could." I reply nonchalantly, "though I suppose not catching a cold on my first few days as grand Eminence would be ideal."
My sister pats me on the shoulder and I recoil slightly, the coldness of her hands is able to be felt through the velvet of my dress.

Elphaba looks slightly hurt that I've not let her touch me, so I let my hand slip out of Marigolds firm hold.
Delicately, I rest both my hand above the blanket on my bed, interlocking my fingers like ribbon.
Abruptly and without warning, the door to my door flies open, startling me wildly.
A very irritated looking Glinda races in, thankfully pushing my chair before her and a panicked looking Franklin dashes behind her like a small mouse.
"Glinda?" I question, attempting to make my voice sound more confident despite the crying I've just been doing.
Glinda folds her arms and glares at Franklin.
"He had someone come in and take your chair to a carpenter could create you a new one for your reign." Glinda replies snappily.
I clear my throat.
"Grand Eminence if I could just-"
I raise my hand and all noise in the room falls silent, just like that.
"I feel." I begin calmly "that what you did had honourable intentions, however the way in which you chose to go about doing it was not."
Franklin lowers his head and clasps is hands together, he looks terribly pitiful.
"I did not mean to cause you any distress Ma'am." Franklin trembles "it was my poor judgement-"
"What you did not mean to do and what you did are two different things and I respect that." I announce, cutting him off again. "it is within your best interests to not move my chair about without my knowledge Mayor Franklin. Do you understand?"

The defeated man nods pitifully, until he notices the glass upon the floor.
To tell the truth I had completely forgotten it was there for a short while.
"Shall I send for someone to clean this up for you ma'am?" He asks, hopeful to redeem himself in my eyes.
I nod regally and just as Franklin is about to leave I call him back in.
"This new chair..." I begin "when will it be ready for?"
Franklin ponders for a moment before grinning widely.
"Four to five days Ma'am."
I clear my throat.
"When it's ready id like for you to send for all the leaders of Oz to come and meet with me. I'm assuming the Emerald plaice has a meeting room?"
Franklin nods hurriedly and dashes from the room.
I sigh loudly, turns to Glinda.
"Stupid man." I curse beneath my breath "stupid, stupid man."
Glinda laughs at my bluntness but marigold seems saddened by it.
"Elphaba," I call, turning to my sister to look at me hopefully by the mention of her name. "Would you place me in my chair?"
Elphaba leans forward to lift me but marigold stops her.
"Miss Elphaba, wait!" Marigold hesitates, she then turns to me sadly, I can almost predict what she's about to say. "I must insist that we wait until the glass is cleared before you sit upon your chair, my chick."
I nod, realising that marigold is probably right.
My sister suddenly seems engulfed with rage.

"Marigold." She barks.
The old lady,despite jumping out of her skin, smiles at my sister sweetly.
"Yes love?" She asks tenderly.
"Can we talk outside?" My sister snaps.
Marigold looks at me, searching my eyes for approval.
I nod hesitantly, sure that my sister is going to shout as this poor woman, and marigold exits the room with Elphaba.
I stare, dumbfounded, at Glinda who just shrugs back.
"I think you handled that rather well." She says grinning at me.
Returning the smile, I begin to ponder the whereabouts of Boc.
"Thank you for finding my chair Glinda." I say gratefully.
Glinda how's her head slightly.
"Is dear Boc okay?" I ask anxiously.
Glinda walks towards my bed before answering, she perches down on a chair making me suddenly dread the words she will say next.
"Bocs cold has made him feel quite tired so he's gone to sleep it off."
Okay.
He's okay.
I hope he's okay.