Elphie

"Your sister is out of control." Glinda pipes up angrily, i watch Boc very closely as she says this, his eyes are so sad and sorrowful, he came into my room whilst I was reading and just sat down and cried, I haven't tried to speak with him yet as my book is rather interesting.
"Did you even hear what I said?" Glinda barks, I finally put my book down and glare at her.
"What exactly has Nessarose done?" I ask slowly, Glinda crosses her arms for a moment.
"Well for starters she tried to get rid of Boc!" Glinda points a shaky finger towards him, "And she's gone and Locked me out of the rooms she's in."
I gasp audibly, Boc stops crying and storms over to Glinda.
"She's hurt Glinda!" He barks.
"She's being unreasonable." Glinda snaps, crossing her arms.
I'm so unbelievably angry at this but I let Boc speak.

"I won't have you speak about her like that." Boc whispers defeatedly, "it's not fair."
Glinda huffs and sits down with her arms crossed, I don't understand why she's being so cruel.
"Glinda," I speak calmly and to the point "what's really the matter?"
She takes a deep breath and looks towards Boc helplessly, her rosey lips downturned into a stoic frown.
"She's just a little girl."
"She's a woman Glinda." Boc snaps. "A fully grown woman."
Glinda takes a deep breath.
"Yes but she's your little sister!" Glinda cries, pointing viciously at me "I'm supposed to make everyone happy but Nessa just won't be!"
Boc takes a step away from Glinda, towards the open door.
"I'm Glinda the good and I can't do one simple thing, Nessa deserves to stop hurting for just a second but it's like she's incapable of it!" Glinda wails, she throws her head into her hands and lets out a deep sigh.
"And now I've gone and made everyone upset with me..." Glindas voice trials off with her thoughts, I decide it's best it leave her alone.
I watch out of the corner of my eye as Boc dashes down the corridor, towards the room that Nessa is undoubtedly inside.

Boc stands closely to the smooth, sanded wood of the door, despite how old this house is, the interior is still gorgeous.
I remember this room, it was supposed to be Nessas bedroom but our father allowed her to sleep upstairs with me in my room because he didn't want Nessa to miss out on having a balcony.
The room is huge and has a lockable door, though our father misplaced the key years ago.
I watch Boc debate on looking through the keyhole, inevitably he decided to respect Nessas privacy.
He shakes the door handle violently and the door open a crack, I hear a loud gasp from my sister and all of a sudden the door slams shut.
Boc tries the handle again and this time the door doesn't budge.
"Nessa." Boc murmurs "Nessa please come out, let's go back to Shiz together and just be alone."
I hate him for suggesting something that would take my sister away from me but in this moment I forgive him for making his suggestion.
"Nessa please, just unlock the door." Boc mumbles, progressively getting more and more stressed.

"The doors not locked Boc," I comment.
He turns around and stares at me dumbfounded.
"Our father lost the key to that room years ago and Nessa isn't strong enough to physically hold that door shut." I reply to his confused expression.
"So what are you saying?" Boc questions.
"That Nessarose is holding the door shut with her newly gained abilities, your not getting that door open until Nessa decides to let you."
Boc nods, he turns angrily back to the door and in a fit of rage, pounds violently on the wood.
"Nessa!" He bellows "Don't do this to yourself!"
Boc breathes heavily for a few seconds, he looks at his tightly clenched fists and starts to sob.
"Oh Nessa I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to yell, I..." Boc stops abruptly, interrupted by the front door knocking.

Both Boc and I scurry over time the door to open it slowly and to both of our surprises, Doctor Tip emerges.
"Doctor!" Boc cries.
Tip smiles slightly and looks rather eagerly past the two of us.
"Why are you here? theres no checkup scheduled, no one called you." I question rather rudely.
Tip clears her throat "on the contrary miss Elphaba, your sister telephoned me mere minutes ago."
I hold my breath for a few seconds before Tip asks me a question.
"So where is the poor dear?" Tip sighs.
"Down the hall" Boc splutters, "last door. Knock first"
Tip nods and starts down the hallway.
If Nessa has called about what I did to her then there's no way a doctor can help.
"May I ask why my sister has called you?"
Tip stops a few steps away from Nessas door, she turns to face Boc and I and looks rather annoyed at me.
"Patient confidentiality." Tip barks "I'm sorry Miss Elphaba, I know you care terribly for your sister but I must see to my patient and check that she's well."
Tip turns back around towards the door, this time it's Boc who halts her.
"If Nessarose is gravely ill, we should know though." Boc says confidently.
Tip clears her throat.
"And if I don't visit my patient, then I won't know what state she's in."
I look and Boc who tilts his head towards the lounge, the two of us head towards it and I hear the door to Nessas room open with a creek and slam loudly, almost instantaneously.

Boc turns anxiously towards me.
"Elphaba if I lose you sister I have nothing." He stutters, I watch the hope and colour drain from his face, he looks terribly pale, all of a sudden his knees go weak and he crumples to the floor.
He's unconscious before he even hits the ground.