Elphie

Doctor Tip left, she left us with a list.
A list and well wishes, that's all she could do.
I understand that there wasn't anything she could do but she barley stayed with my sister, barley did anything but write this list and apologise.
The list is useless too, it contains a small number of injuries that Nessa sustained when she fell to the floor.
Nessa is miserable that she has to stay in bed, I've been the bad guy and taken her chair away so she doesn't feel tempted to guilt someone into getting her out of bed.
The list said that Nessa has cracked a rib, potentially sustained a concussion and broken her leg.
Funnily enough, Nessa couldn't seem less bothered about the extent of her injuries, only complaining about the twelve week bed rest.
It was only supposed to be eight, but I convinced Glinda to beg doctor Tip to make my sister have a longer break as I'm sure it will do her some good.

"Three months!" My sister cries angrily, "three months of my life I have to waste lying here."
This is the fourth time she's mentioned this but I don't blame her.
"This isn't even my room" Nessa sighs "Will someone go back to Shiz and bring me something to do?" She asks, though I know it's a question, she asks it so rather commandingly that it hardly sounds like a question at all.
Boc shuffles towards my sisters bed, he examines her with loving eyes.
"You shouldn't be worrying about work, you should be focusing on getting better." He whispers gently.
Nessa closes her eyes and takes a deep breath before opening them again.
"Oh for goodness sake!" She cries "I'm going to lose my mind just staying here for three months."
Glinda begins to cry and rushes out of the room, I begin to follow her down the hallway.

"Glinda what's wrong?" I cry, she whips her head around and scrubs viciously at her watering eyes.
"You made me do that!" Glinda sobs "you make it twelve weeks rather than eight."
Glinda dashed hastily down the stairs and into the living room.
I walk slowly back into my sisters room, Boc grins at me as I look towards my sister who is sleeping soundly.
"She's finally getting some rest," Boc mutters breathing a sigh of relief, "I'm so glad."
Boc and I watch Nessa sleep softly as the two of us creep downstairs silently.
Upon entering the lounge I find that my entire family is here.
"Glinda just told us about Nessarose," mother whispers "poor little thing."
I nod calmly and Boc is summoned over by Albert.
The two of them have been talking an awful lot and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it.

"Elphaba, come site beside me" my mother says featuring beside her, I do as I'm told and sit next to my mother but despite the sofa having plenty of room for another person, Glinda still continues to stand.
"How is she then?" Mother whispers to me.
I clear my throat.
"She's sleeping currently though I have no doubt that she's incredibly bored already."
Mother nods, I watch her wring her hands and bounce her knee around agitatedly.
"Mother?" I place a caring hand onto her shoulder and hold my breathe.
She stops shaking her leg and stares blankly at the wall for a moment before standing bolt upright and turning back to face me.
"I think I'll just go and see my daughter," she mumbles, walking slowly out of the room.
Albert and Boc poke their heads around the kitchen side.
"Where's Melena?" Albert queries.
I dart my eyes towards the door.
"She's gone to see Ness, I feel you should check if she's okay." Albert nods in response.

"I think I may wait a while before checking on your mother." Albert mumbles.
I'm confused.
"Why's that?" I ask, rather puzzled.
"She's been a bit fragile lately and I want to give her, her time alone with your sister."
I understand what he's saying but mother doesn't have the best track record with being left alone with Nessa.
But I'll try not to worry. I'm sure they're fine.
Nessa probably hasn't even woken up yet, I hope she sleeps for a while, she really does need her rest.
I'm not sure how long a cracked rib takes to heal but I remember the first time Nessa broke her leg, it took about two months to get better so the extra month of lying in bed can't do any harm, I just hope she's not in too much pain since there's nothing I can do to help her with it.

Abruptly, Glinda walks out into the middle of the room and stares up at the ceiling, her eyes glaring through the roof.
"I do hope your mother hasn't woken her, Elphaba" Glinda mumbles.
I nod, though Glinda isn't watching me.
"Though I suppose with three months in bed Nessa has plenty of time to sleep"
Glinda is just digging at me now, I know shes annoyed at me for making her talk to doctor Tip but it's for the best, I'm sure it is.
I trust my judgement.
I have to trust my judgement or else I'll start to doubt myself and then everything that I have every done for my family will be meaningless.
"Elphaba." Boc calls suddenly, I whip my head round to look at him, he smiles despite my startled expression.
"Yeah?" I sound rather perplexed, like I've not quite woken up, but in all honestly I'm just very lost on thought.
"Elphaba, do you want to take a break?" Boc asks gently.
I don't quite understand.
"A break?" I ponder "I break from what?"
Boc gestures towards the ceiling.
"From this," he comments "do you want to go and get some fresh air in the garden?"
"A break? I couldn't possibly go for a break" I cry "Nessa might need me!"
Glinda catches my shoulder.
"Well your no use to her if your screaming like that"
I silence myself immediately.