Nessa

A large amount of people are clustered in this room, Boc is sat on a chair by the foot of my bed, a dozen doctors are crowded around my bed with Doctor Tip and Doctor Sheridan stood the closest to me and a nurse is on my other side, changing out my IV bag.
From her faded name badge I can see that the nurses name is Marigold, she's an older, plump lady with thick grey hair tied in plaits and deep green eyes.
The rest of the doctors apart from Tip and Sherdian all have names that I have yet to be told.
After what feels like hours but I'm sure is only a few minutes, a doctor with red glasses and black hair steps towards me and doctor Tip speaks.
"Miss Nessarose" Tip begins "these are some of the finest doctors and medical students in Oz, they are here to assist and treat you"
I nod wearily, the sheer amount of people here is making me feel rather unwell.

The doctors are just staring at me, muttering big amongst themselves, I'm quite uncomfortable to say the least.
After a while I can't handle the silent staring anymore.
"I can tell you all have questions." I sigh "ask away."
Boc looks quite of out by my attitude, I think he's tired of me.
"Is it true that you've never had any heart complications before?" The doctor with the red glasses asks, her question is revived by lots of muttering.
I think for a moment.
"Never."
"So would it surprise you to know that you've been admitted for a heart attack?" Red glasses continues.
I stop in my tracks.
I hear someone mutter,
"You've broken her." A Doctor hisses.
"Nessarose?" Boc whispers "Nessa are you alright?"
I ignore Bocs gentle voice and continue to listen to the doctors questions.
"Couldn't we treat her with blood pressure medication?"
"No" someone cries, shooting them down "She's resistant to all medication."

There's another big bout of mumbling and another voice speaks above the crowd.
"If we operate there's no risk of paralysis." Someone remarks.
"Though there's a higher fatality rate." Another voice sighs.
Bickering breaks out amongst the doctors.
"Is anyone going to suggest anything helpful?" Boc cries suddenly.
The doctors quickly stop talking and my nurse chuckles softly to herself.
"Perhaps we should take a short recess?" Doctor Tip suggests, I wholeheartedly agree.
Everyone but Boc leaves the room and without thinking I turn on him.
"Boc what do you think your doing?" I cry "yelling at the doctors like that, that's not going to solve anything."
Boc glares at me, his face is angry but his eyes are sad.
"They're not helping you at all!" He cries.
I'm so unbelievably angry, I stare straight back at Boc, my eyes piercing through him.
"Boc if you going to behave like this then just get out!" I cry, the horrible sensation of my sister gifted powers erupts from within me, the light flickers and my chair crashes against the wall.
I lie in bed panting and cursing, using my powers takes up so much energy.
"Nessa are you alright?" Boc whispers shakily.
"I'm fed up of this!" I cry, exploding with rage.
I close my eyes and focus on the stinging sensation that's accumulated on my hand where the needle is.
"Boc go and let the doctors back in." I mumble defeatedly.

Soon the room is bustling again and doctors are bickering amongst themselves again.
"What If we tried a more experimental approach" a tall Doctor begins "expose Miss Thropp to enough anaesthesia to make her drowsy but not enough to sedate her?"
"And what would that achive?" Doctor Tip cries "we just gave her fluids to stop her drowsiness."
The doctor that spoke before blushes and sinks back into the crowd.
"This might not be a developed condition." Someone adds suddenly "she could have been born like this."
There's a momentary silence before someone speaks again.
"My father treated her as a child." A male doctor says suddenly stepping forward. "I was a boy when she was brought into our surgery, my father only ever treated Miss Nessarose's legs."
I sit back and listen to the doctors talk and argue, nothing seems to be getting done, Boc seems to be loosing more and more hope by the second and as am I.
"Do you have any underlying health problems?" The male doctor asks me.
I think for a moment.

"I have brittle bones." I mumble "brittle bones, chronic pain and I have a very low- functioning immune system"
It's a much larger list than I was expecting and the male doctor seems very taken aback.
"That's a large list Miss Nessarose." The Doctor exclaims, "and your only young."
The doctors pause, this new information is probably making it harder to treat me.
"What if we just kept you here and regulated your vitals for a week or so?" The male doctor asks "it's the best I can come up with, it just means that for now if you have another heart attack your in a hospital and can receive instant help."
"And if her stats improve?" Boc asks.
"We send her home." Doctor tip reply's.
"And if they don't?"
"She stays here."
I nod, I understand that I must and it's a lot easier to stay in bed when I have to and my family isn't here, I beg and barter with my family to get me out of bed but in a hospital I feel I could manage it.

Everyone slowly leaves my room until it's just Boc, Myself and the Nurse.
"Boc I need you to go home and fetch me some things" I say after a while, Boc shakes his head anxiously.
"Boc!" I snap "please, I need clothes and a hairbrush and other things that I'm sure my sister can help you get."
"I won't leave you alone" Boc replies stubbornly.
I sigh loudly.
"I'll look after her." Marigold says heartily "we're going to be spending a lot of time together anyway, she might as well get used to me."
I smile at her pleasant tone and Boc hesitantly agrees to go and bring me my belongings.
I'm just glad that Boc will be gone for a while.