Elphie

Just a few more hours until Doctor Tippetarius come back to evaluate Nessa.
I just hope everything's alright, I'm finally alone with her, I've decided to stay with her until the doctor knocks on the door, then I've got to stay away in a room somewhere.
"Nessa," I say suddenly "how are you feeling?"
Nessa looks up at me, she seems to be quite angry,
"Elphaba, I'm fine, I just really want to get back to work. I miss my job"

I know she does, it's all she ever says, but there's nothing for her to worry about.
Boc has it all under control, at least that's what Glinda has said when she's gone to see him.
In fact,I've heard nothing but good things about Bocs teachings.
"Elphie, promise me that if the doctor says I'm fine I can go back to Shiz." Nessa stares at me, her eyes wide and desperate.
I nod my head slowly, all of a sudden, Nessa cries out loudly and clutches her side.
I dash over, only to have her push my hands away as I try to calm her down.
"This means nothing," she's puffs through gritted teeth "I'm fine, I'm going back to work."
I unconvincingly agree.

There's a knock at the open door, I turn my head to see Albert marching in.
He looks rather upset, his eyes are red and watery.
I'm assuming he's just emotional because of Nessa, but it's irritating me because it's just going to make her feel worse about this whole thing.
Albert walks over and towards Nessa and stands beside me, slowly he wraps his arms around my shoulder and pulls me in closely.
Nessa stares up at me awkwardly.
"How are you feeling Nessarose?" Albert asks with a suddenly smile on his face.
I'm starting to feel confused, a second ago he was crying and now he seems all cheery.
How very odd.
Nessa opens her mouth to speak but my curiosity gets the better of me.
"What's gotten you so happy?" I quiz suspiciously.
Albert does nothing but beam at me, he then turns back to Nessa.

"Feeling any better?"
Nessa looks around her absently, as if searching for a convincing answer.
"Yes thank you." She replies with a sigh.
Albert still smiles through Nessas obvious lie.
"Nessarose!" Glindas voice suddenly echos, I turn to see her swiftly enter the room.
Ness looks at Glinda feebly but still forces a quaint smile.
"The party's in here then?" I hear the unmistakable voice of my husband chuckle as he too makes his way into the room.
Nessa starts to look a bit stressed as everyone crowds around her bed.
We're just missing Boc and mother and everyone would be in here.

One by one everyone asks how Nessas feeling, she politely smiles and says she's feeling okay, but I can tell that she's uncomfortable.
Everyone's talking and making loud noises, Fiyero comes and stands next to me, we wrap our arms around each other and I make sure to keep and eye on Nessa.
"I just grew a strawberry," Fiyero announces like an exited puppy.
"Hold on..." Glinda says suspiciously "I never brought you any strawberry seeds, how did you grow a strawberry?"
Albert suddenly roars with laughter, Nessa looks even more uncomfortable.
"I wouldn't eat it!" Albert chuckles.
Fiyero looks around, a goofy embarrassment strewn about his face.
"But it's not a bad strawberry," he protests.
"I should hope not!" Albert cheers "the amount of time you spend out there."

"Everyone be quiet!" Glinda suddenly hisses, for such a cute and innocent girl she can be quite feisty.
Everyone, including myself, stares at Glinda, waiting for her next command.
"Nessas crying,"
Glindas words escape her mouth so quickly that I barley register what she's saying, I quickly turn around to look at my sister.
Her poor face all pink and covered with tears.
The thing she hates most in the world, people watching her cry.
I crouch down by the side of the bed and hold her hands in mine, slowly the people begin not disperse until it's just Nessa and I left.
"You alright?" I ask gently, so she doesn't feel the need to lie, Nessa nods her head slowly,
"I just want to get back to normal and it's all so much," she whispers back frantically. "I'm so sick of lying in bed."
I stroke the side of her hand gently, something I used to do when she was a little child.
"I know you are, and, I'm sick of seeing you upset."
Nessa smiles at me feebly,
"I really miss playing my piano." Nessa says suddenly sounding allot more cheerful "I rarely play it, but when I do I'm always surprised at how pretty the instrument is."
I nod along, listening intently, Messa continues.

"Professor Egihs put a picture up of me playing the piano as a child in her classroom,"
Nessa rarely talks about her staff by name, so she seems a bit confused by my confused expression.
"Professor Egihs is our music teacher," she replies as if I should already know that "she plays wonderfully, far better than me, but she still has a picture of me up, I showed it to her a while ago and she insisted upon putting it on the wall in her room."
Nessa smiles merrily.
"That's wonderful," I reply cheerfully, "she sounds like a lovey lady."
"She used to come into my office and play for me, it was enchanting, but I stopped inviting her in, I grew colder." Nessa pauses suddenly.
A knock at the door startling us both, I give her a gentle hug and walk into a spare room, Fiyero follows me closely behind.

He holds my hand tightly,
A sweet aroma surrounding him.
"Did you eat the strawberry?" I ask curiously, he shakes his head playfully, I scowl in doubt, he quickly changes and nods his head proudly.
I smirk and watch through a crack in the door as doctor Tippetarius makes her way into Nessas room and closes the door behind her with a soft thud.