Elphie

I'm stood in the throne room, examining all the damages.
The walls are cracked with thin, lighting shaped splits and the floor is shattered like a spiders web, large chunks of chandelier lie about the floor and chipped emeralds, that once were dripping from the branches of the chandelier are scattered around like confetti.
The room is a shell of what it once was, if the Emerald citizens weren't so enthralled with my sister then they would have hunted her down and attempted to slaughtering her, instead she's being kept safe in a luxurious room, with a thousand pillows and five hundred blankets.
I'm never been more grateful for my sisters ailments, if it wasn't for the prejudice view that my sister is weak, all of Oz would hate her once more.

Hopefully word of Nessaroses outbursts haven't reached the others counties in Oz, or trade may seise to exist and we can't risk that.
A loud creak behind me suddenly sends a shiver down my spine, I turn around instantly, to find Glinda striding in confidently, a rathe stunned looking Boc in tow.
We sent for him to be brought to us this morning, knowing that horses that come from the emerald city are faster in nature than horses from Munchkin Land.
Boc steps forwards, trembling at the sight of all the rubble and disaster within this room.
"Nessa did this?" Boc whispers fearfully, his mouth wide open like a trout "is she okay?"

For a while I don't reply to Bocs question and Glinda makes no effort to answer him either, we're both just so captivated by the destruction in the room, that talking seems like such a secondary thing.
"Elphaba why am I here?" Boc barks.
I turn around suddenly, boc jumps slightly at my abrupt movement.
"Nessarose is still governess." I mumble "they've called her Madame Governor non stop."
Boc stamps his foot down angrily, the sound reverberating throughout the cracked walls.
"Why am I here? Why did you send for me?" Boc cries impatiently.
Glinda answers before I get the chance.
"If we didn't tell you till we got home, you'd mind an awful lot." Glinda whispers faintly "Boc she won't talk to any of us."
Boc sighs exasperatedly and flails his arms around angrily.
"What makes you think that Nessarose will want to talk to me?" He exclaims "what gives you that idea, because I'd be delighted to know!"
"Boc you have to try!" I cry.
He turns to face me, frustration building up inside him rapidly.
"You say that like I'm giving up on her." He shouts, "your speaking to me as if I haven't just been in a carriage for three hours!"

I try to refrain from bringing up that our carnage ride over her was actually six hours long because I fear that me mentioning it may make things worse.
Boc paves around aggressively for a few seconds before stopping abruptly.
"Well, where is she then?" Boc asks suddenly changing his tone entirely.
"Well you've certainly changed your tune-"
"Right this way!" Glinda cries, interrupting me before I have have a chance to be condescending.
If I wasn't so desperate to help my sister I wouldn't refrain from finishing my sentence.
Glinda begins to walk down the corridor back to Nessas room, Boc and I follow cautiously, Glindas shoes echoing on the crystal floor.
As Glinda taps her way towards Nessas room, I can't help but gain a horrible sinking feeling in my stomach.

The door opens and my eyes in stand search for my sister, she's still in bed, eyes shut.
But she's not alone in the room, Celeste is with her and she's sat in the chair I usually reside in, she's winding a strand of her curly hair around and around her finger like a spring.
She jumps when she sees Glinda.
"Miss Glinda!" She cries, quickly judging her voice to a whisper. "I haven't disturbed the governess, I was just informed by mayor Franklin that she was unattended and I didn't want the governess to feel lonely incase she woke up to find an empty room."
Celestes voice is squeaky and irritating to me, it's higher than usual on account of her being mildly terrified of me and in awe of Glinda, Boc is just sort of here.
His eyes go straight to Nessarose as he cautiously approaches her bed, he takes a long hard look at her, analysing every line and every crease of her face.
She still looks beautiful, youth suits her, as does slumber.
Nessarose always looks concerned about something, it's good to see her looking so peaceful.
Though a rather large part of me wants her to wake up and come and talk to me, telling me that she's alright.

"How long has she been asleep for?" Boc asks quietly, before anybody has a chance to answer, Celeste pipes up.
"I've been here for at least an hour and she's been asleep the whole time." Celeste replies diligently, she clears her throat and scans Boc up and down with her eyes "if you don't mind me asking, who are you?"
Boc seems a bit peeved to be questioned like this, he turns his gaze back to Nessa and ignored the question.
"He's the Governor's personal assistant!" Glinda cries, getting slightly over excited.
Boc and I both give Glinda an unamused look but the glint in her eyes tells me that she knows what she's doing, or at least thinks she does.
"You know." Glinda announces, eagerly continuing her lie. "The Governess just gets so tired, so we asked Boc to come down to be with her."
Celeste seems satisfied with this answer, even giving my sister a sympathetic sigh and head tilt on her way out of the room.

Once all unwanted party's have departed Glinda turns to Boc and I and shrugs wildly.
"Why did you have to mention how tired she is?" I cry "you know she'd hate you for that."
Glinda smiles, letting me know that she seems to have everything under control.
"Besides if they think she's weaker than she is, then we have more of a chance in them not holding any ill will towards nessa over the... incident."