Nessa

"Thank you again." I smile at Rebecca, who has just discarded of the glass in my bin.
Glinda sings her praises and Rebecca turns back to me.
"It's wonderful to have you back your Eminence." She mutters gracefully. "Can I get you anything at all?"
I think for a moment though I know that I will eventually deny the request, but I want it to at least seem as though I'm considering her offer.
"I think I'm alright for now." I reply happily, tilting my head towards Glinda "do you need anything?"
Glinda Shakes her head and Rebecca bows elegantly and exits the room.
"I think your sister hates your nurse." Glinda comments.
"My sister hates anyone who tries to get close to me." I reply, a tinge of sarcasm to my voice. "I'm worried for Boc."
Glinda dances over to me and sits down beside my bed.
"He's fine I promise you." Glinda replies "he would be here if he wasn't so worried about making you ill."

I'm aware that Glinda is trying to calm my nerves but she's just making me feel worse.
I don't want to feel like Boc is hiding from me, like I'm some massive liability who needs to be sheltered from everything.
Perhaps I am.
I long hill speak to my father, if he was still here then I'd give him control of Munchkinland and they'ed be no problems.
Instead one of Munchkinland's many mayors from their council will be coming to speak on behalf of his country when I assemble the Oz leaders.
If this new chair is ever constructed.
I do hope it's not green, as much as the colour is symbolic to the citizens of Oz, I much prefer red and wish that I can keep it as my signature colour.

"How do you do it?" I ask suddenly stone faced, "Glinda how do I please everyone?"
Glinda sighs sympathetically, making my stomach turn.
"You can't please everyone." She replies sadly "it's impossible."
That's not fair, I have to keep the balance between the four factions and doing that means keeping everyone happy.
"Well I have to Glinda." I respond sharply "it's my job, how do I go about it?"
"I don't know!" Glinda cries "people were just happy when I was there."
I'm aware, and it's irritating.
Glinda just made people happy and I'm not sure I can do that.
"But you weren't really doing anything!" I exclaim "everyone is going to be expecting me to actually do things."
Glinda looks terribly sad all of a sudden and I'm terrified that I've upset her.
"You must realise Nessarose that as leader of the south no one expected me to do anything, they merely wanted empty reassurance. I did nothing." Glinda comments dishearteningly.

I think for a moment, and Glinda seems to take note of the building concern on my face.
She looks slightly panicked, as if I'm about to loose control of my powers, but I'm not.
"This is all terribly stressful." I huff, like a stroppy child "it's like a horrible balancing act!"
Glinda smiles at me limply, I can tell she's worried at me getting so worked up.
"Nessa, as leader of the South, I can do my bit to hell until everyone and the east know you anyway." Glinda announces, "it's only the North and West that you really have to worry about and the Gillikin's think of you so dearly anyway."
"That was before I rose to power, everything is different now. I can't have a bias."

It's going to be tremendously soffit for me not to have a bias towards Munchkinland as my family is there, it's my rightful home but now I fear I can never go back without appearing like I have some sort of munchkin agenda.
"Glinda." I mumble, staring blankly at my chair, "would you go and get my sister, I feel she's been complaining to poor Marigold for far too long now."
Glinda nods merrily and disappears out of the room, before coming back with my sister and nurse.
Marigold takes her usual seat beside my bed, to the dismay of my sister who was heading towards it.
"Elphaba."
My sister looks toward me and smiles merrily.
"Elphaba would you put me in my chair please?"
My sister does as she's been asked, considerably slowly, she's been almost moving me in slow motion since the incident of her laying me down incorrectly in the carriage.

I turn myself around to stare at the wall by my bed.
"I could get a bell put in." I whisper to my sister "father always said he wished I had one by my bed to call for the house staff."
Elphaba nods in agreement.
I feel selfish thinking of my needs when I've got the entire country of Oz to think about.
I should be leaving myself to last, but instead I'm considering having a bell installed above my new bed.
"Nessa." Elphaba whispers, she's closer to me than expected so the piercing whisper that she lets out startles me slightly.
I raise my eyebrows in anticipation.
"I'm going home to check on mother, I'll be back by tomorrow if you'll allow me to use magic." Elphaba announces.
I think for a moment.
"Would you take Boc back with you?" I ask hesitantly, "he's unwell and clearly shouldn't be here."
My sister nods, a strange glint in her eyes, as if she's scheming, it's making me fret.
"You can use your magic but only in the confides of this room." I command sternly.
My sister nods.
"Do you need anything from home Nessa?" Elphaba asks patiently as I ponder her question.
I do hope that Boc is to be alright.
"I want nothing more than for you to look after Boc and yourself."
Once again Elphaba nods, she bends down to be eye level with me, the same glint in her eyes sparkling like a rare jewel.
"Promise me." I whisper sternly.
My sister suddenly leans in for a great embrace.
"Elphaba?" I cry, confused by this sudden display of affection.
But my sister says nothing.