Nessa

The most uncomfortable pain has been accumulating at my side.
I've been feeling a slight twinge for a while but now it's inhibiting my ability to get around.
I've kept quiet about it for a few days and now I've decided to swallow my pride and say something about it.
For the past half an hour now, 've  been waiting for the longest time for someone to come in so I can actually admit to not feeling too well.
Finally after what seems like hours, Glinda emerges and smiles at me from across the lounge.
"I thought you'd gone back to Shiz!" She exclaimed, walking softly over to me, she stops a couple feet away from me and turns to look towards the door before facing me again.
"Are you alright Nessarose?" Glinda queries, questioning my silence.
I take a deep breath.
"Glinda I feel you should call a doctor." I mumble.

Glindas face turns white as a sheet as she drops to her knees in front of me.
"What hurst?" She asks frantically, she hovers her hands around my legs, as if somehow they could be what's hurting.
"My side." I reply gesturing to my rib cage "I probably cracked a rib when I fell over, but it's hard to breathe."
Glinda nods silent and runs off, moments later she's returned with my sister and a phone.
"Glinda, call doctor Tip." I say dryly "Elphaba I'm guessing you'll be wanting to stay here?"
My sister nods and Glinda walks out of the room, dialling Doctor Tip.
Elphie turns to me and sighs.
"Why didn't you say?"
"I assumed it was just an bruise or an ache." I reply solemnly.
My sister seems to not respond much.
"But Nessa, Glinda said it hurt for you to breathe."
"That's only recently." I reply, my attention drawn to the horrible pain in my side.
"What if you've broken something else?" Elphaba asks shakily.
My biggest worry is the copious amount of bed rest I'm going to have to endure, if my rib is cracked then sitting upright can't be helping.
"I guess I'm going to have to go to bed just in case." I whisper.
Without warning my sister begins to push me forcefully down the hallway into one of our spare bedrooms.
She throws open the blinds and light encapsulates the room.
Carefully my sister lays me down above the blankets and I clutch at my side as I become used to the new position that I'm now in.
"Where's Boc, or mother?" I ask feebly.

My sister ponders for a second before opening her mouth to speak.
"I believe Boc and Fiyero have gone shopping for groceries and Mother is upstairs." She responds.
I close my eyes and breathe shakily.
"I'm so annoyed that things can't just go back to normal!" I whine "why does everything have to be so complicated."
I close my eyes and sink down into the pillows behind my head, as much as I hate lying in bed I will admit that I'm exhausted, and I'd love to just fall asleep for a while.
Unfortunately for me, I can't do that as Glinda marches excitedly back into the room that I'm in.
Her and Elphaba make awkward eye contact for a second before Glinda turns
to me.
"Dr Tip says she's coming in about an hour's time." Glinda announces. "Anything I can do in the meantime?"
I shake my head sadly and sigh a painfully shaky sigh.
"I can't stay well for two minutes." I huff to myself.
Glinda places a dainty hand upon the wall and leans onto it, her lovely blonde curls resting neatly upon the pale walls.

"I'm not really sure what doctor Tip is going to do, there's not much she can do." I muse to myself.
Elphie sighs.
"I suppose she can tell you what to do in order for the injury to heal faster."
I nod my head slowly.
"Makes sense." I reply abruptly "all I can do is wait."
Though waiting is the worst part, as I'm just so bored.
"Nessa," Glinda mumbles "if Doctor Tip recommends more bed rest, where would you want to spend it?"
My sister glares angrily at Glinda, who takes no notice of her.
"If it's too serious then I'll stay here." I answer.

Currently, im fighting to stay awake, I'm just so terribly tired, it's awful all I want to do is sleep and I can't seem to have a moments piece.
Just as the room begins to settle Boc marches in, he shoves past my sister and perched on a chair beside my bed.
"I would have gotten here sooner but I had to help Fiyero with the groceries," Boc smiles calmly, "how are you feeling?"
I let out a loud groan and cover my face with my hands.
"Nessa?" Glinda squeaks.
"Tired!" I cry "I'm feeling tired but it hurts to breathe and I can't fall asleep."
I remove my hands from my face and the room goes silent for a few seconds before my sister clears her throat and begins to speak.
"I do hope Dr Tip hurry's up."
"Well she may have other patients," I reply dryly "I'm not the most important person in Munchkin Land."
Elphaba scoffs.
"If Frexpar was still with us he'd have doctors queuing out the door."
I chuckle at my sisters joke though I know that it would have been partly true.
"Yes but the queue wouldn't last long," I smile, continuing the joke "as soon as a doctor got confused he'd banish them from the Manor."

My sister and I laugh together for a little while before Boc places his hand on mine.
"Well all Tip can really do is give a diagnosis." He mutters "it's not as though she can treat you."
"We establishes this earlier" my sister comments "because my sister here is just so difficult."
"Oh Elphaba shut up!" I cry comically, my chest aching from all the laughter and potential broken ribs.