Nessa

It's been five more days now and my arms have almost ceased their pain altogether, two more days, three at the most, and I should be ready to go.
But as the clock ticks towards the time of leaving Munchkinland to embark on this political mission, my stomach starts to tie into knots.
If I'm unsuccessful at gaining these last 2 signatures then I'm unsure as to what happens next, Glinda seems to think that Oz is in such a state at the moment that without a definitive leader, our land will fall into disarray, more so than it already has.
I can't say I've noticed this too much, though I haven't realised my position of power for the longest time so I've been uninformed of a lot of things.

However, this has to go perfectly, I must convince the Winkie General and the Giliking King to sign the contract and then present it to Mayor Franklin to confirm is authenticity.
After that, the whole of Oz is mine.
I'm not quite how I feel about that, I'm unsure as to where that leaves munchkinland because there's no heir to the Governor's seat after me, perhaps I can stay in control of that too, though that may lead to rumours of favouritism amongst the other factions of Oz.
Perhaps, I'll be forced to migrate to the Emerald city, I mean no offence to my sister when I say this but I've had enough green to last a lifetime, I don't need to live with it being splashed of every surface.
No ones thought about Munchkinland, who is going to take over if this works?
I would hope that I could continue my late fathers legacy and continue my reign whilst also taking the title of Eminence of Oz.
But I'm unsure as to if that will be allowed, nevertheless, I shall cross that bridge when I come to it.
It's going to be a shame leaving the manor again as I've grown to be comforted by its history as the ease of nostalgia it brings me.
Though I do miss Shiz, my reign of headmistress was short but I have reportedly made my impact, Professor Herdidge has taken over in my place and I've heard that he's doing a fine job and that a portrait of me sits above his chair to commemorate my service to Shiz.
If I could go back and decide not to take over Shiz, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity, I am very privileged to have been given that chance and the skills I learnt there would have been integral for when I was thrust into government at the age of 18.

Though the truth is in a way I'm excited, most of the changes in my life have been horrible and uncertain but this one seems like my choice.
I can help Oz ensure that it's balanced, whilst giving my life more meaning.
It seems to be the perfect opportunity, if I am able to fulfil the role.
However, the amount of time that I've spent in bed lately is rather irritating and I hope that I won't need to spend this much time bed bound ever again.
A slight clicking noise catches my attention and the door to my room slowly creaks open and Glinda peers her head round and swiftly scurries in, her shoes tapping on the floor like a a mouse.
"Nessarose" she whispers "Nessarose are you awake?"
I sigh deeply, knowing that my peace and quiet has just run out.
"No." I answer bluntly.
A second voice laughs at me.
"Liar."
"Oh, good morning Boc." I grumble.
Glinda positions herself into the chair beside my bed and Boc leans on the wall by my feet.
"How long until you think you'll be ready to leave?" Glinda asks hesitantly.
I rethink my previous estimate.
"Three days." I reply briskly "I need three more days and then we leave."
Glinda nods happily.
"Where are we going first?" I ask timidly.
"Quadling country." She answers happily "since the King is a very sympathetic fellow."
I scoff at Glindas reasoning.

I hate that this is the grounds for Glindas plan, everyone thinks I'm pathetic so they'll let me rule.
"Excellent." I respond through gritted teeth.
Glinda clasps her hands together excitedly and rejoices at my obvious distain for her plan.
I'm starting to get irritating having to join in with this conversation lying down on my back, I tilt my head towards the foot of my bed.
"Boc." I mutter, he turns to look in my direction "would you help me to sit up?"
He grins widely, showing off his teeth slightly and marches beside me, placing a hand underneath my back, lifting me up whilst simultaneously shifting my pillows to shield me from the hard, wooden bed frame.
He leans me against the wood and I'm finally able to see the room much better than before and I'm actually able to make proper eye contact with those who are talking to me.
I give Boc a quick nod of thanks and get back to talking with Glinda.
"How are we planning on getting there?" I ask, starting to attempt piecing together the plan in my head.
"We'll take a carriage, that we can sleep in, that way it will be warmer and we can bring more things." Glinda replies excitedly.
I can tell she's really on board with her own plan.

"And who's going to be driving this carriage?" Boc asks suspiciously.
Glinda grins like a cat.
"That's the best part!" She cries merrily "Mayor Franklin has sent his personal carriage driver here just for the governess."
I can't help but chuckle at this.
"Does he know why we want it?" I ask.
Glinda nods calmly.
"He wishes you the best of luck and he hopes that you are able to convince the leaders of Oz to sign your contract, he says he's delighted to be able to sign it too."
"So we begin travelling in three days?"
"Agreed."