114

Nadia sat infront of her Therapist. It was her first day, and Nanami was sitting outside the office waiting for her.

Her Therapist was a patient woman, her greying hair pulled to a loose bun, a small notebook and pen in hand.

"So, miss Ken" the woman began, her voice warm gentle. "How do you feel at the moment?"

"Pissed" Nadia hissed.

"Oh? And why?"

"Because the woman sitting outside this office literally picked me up and took me here against my will, claiming that I needed 'help' "Nadia scoffed. "I told her I'm fine, mentally" physically, not so much, her head and arms still hurt from Nanami's slapping and pulling and pinching.

"Why do you suppose you don't need help miss Ken?"

"Because I don't! Simple" Nadia looked at the woman's grey eyes. "I'm fine "

"Sweetheart, young bloods such as yourself who are taken here forcibly, who claim to be 'fine' are always not fine" Dr. Michiro put down her notebook. "If you are uncomfortable with sharing your feelings, if you are scared that whatever you say will leave this room. I promise you that this is just between the two of us"

Nadia raised a brow at her. "Really? This wouldn't leave the room?"

"No"

Nadia tapped her finger on her knee. Silent for a few short minutes. Then she took a deep breath, and let it all out:

"My mom is fucking our driver" Nadia dropped. "And our chef, and our security guard, and our butlers, and my uncle, and my ex boyfriend, and my old tutor from grade school, and our neighbor, and-"

"Well this went from 0-100" Dr. Michiro thought.

"Whenever I catch her, she'd tell me not to tell dad. If I would, she'll break my spine. After her threats, she'd buy me expensive jeweleries" Nadia tilted her head to the side. "What the fuck mom? I don't even like jewelry"

Dr. Michiro wrote everything down in her little notebook, but her eyes were still on Nadia.

"Bonds and emotions are a pain for me. Working hard to find real friends is such a hassle. Instead, I pay my classmates to laugh at my jokes and smile at me. One day, I stopped paying them just to see what they would do. I treated them all fairly, I spoiled them. I treated them to high class restaurants and give them gifts every day. I hoped at least one would have stayed by my side, but everyone left me alone"

"My table, which was once filled with smiling faces and laughter, soon became empty and lonely. Eventually even I stopped eating there"

"Nadia, have you ever considered actually reaching out to them? To anyone? Have you ever tried to form a bond with someone without using your money?" Dr. Michiro asked

"No. I told you, bonds and emotions are a pain for me. I don't have a clue on what I should do. I can't tell the difference between people who want me for my money, and people who are sincere for me" Nadia frowned. "Just let me pay them instead, it's easier for me"

"Constantly taking the easy road won't build your character" Dr. Michiro said. "If you don't trip fall, you don't learn miss Ken"

"Trip and fall? Oh! I know a lot about that" Nadia sounded proud. "My mother used to trip me a lot, and let me fall face first to the ground. Hahaha! It was painful!"

"Tell me about your mother"

Nadia's smile dropped. "My...mother?" She smiled again. Pain in her eyes. "My mother is the monster under my bed"

_________________

Karma couldn't sleep. He twisted and turned around his bed, trying to close his eyes and let sleep take over. But he couldn't

He imagined Gakushū's protective arms wrapped securely around him.

He remembered that time at the cabin. Where they lay side by side, Gakushū holding him protectively.

The kisses Gakushū gave him. It made his heart do flips when he remembered the indirect kisses they shared, and then finally their first real kiss at the meadow.

He wouldn't admit this to anyone, not for years, but he missed Gakushū. He missed Gakushū's natural calming scent, his presence that made Karma feel safe, his compliments and stupid pick up lines.

Karma has never been dependent on anyone. He hasn't been for eleven years.

His father had drilled it to his head that relationships were only temporary.

And he was right.

Still, he could help but imagine Gakushū was in his room, lying beside him and holding his hand. "I'm such a sap" he muttered.

He hated himself for feeling this way, for missing Gakushū so much that it hurt. He's trying to hate that boy, but it was difficult. Especially when Gakushū was so desperate to win him back, even enduring the rain all night just to wait for him. Gakushū can be very dedicated when he wants to be.

And he's dedicated to Karma.

"Get a grip" Karma hit himself. He's leaving, he's leaving those liars and traitors and users behind.

He's leaving the one and possibly only person to ever make him feel like he's worth the world.

It stung, it really stung.

His mind told him to leave and forget. While his heart screamed to stay and forgive. It annoyed Karma so much that he just, he really just...

He wanted to grab a knife from the kitchen and cut his chest open! Maybe then his stupid heart would stop feeling that way.