43

Day 14

For the first time in eleven years, the Akabane family was eating together. Kagami sat at the head of the table, Natsuki sat to his right, Karma sat at the very end as far away as possible from his parents. And his 'fiancé' was sitting right beside him.

The tension in the family was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Nadia either couldn't feel it or just didn't care, because she started talking to Karma about her plans for the day. "So Karma-chan-"(he glared at her for the "Chan") "Since we are betrothed and I'll be staying here with your family for a long time, why don't we get to know each other" she smiled a sickeningly sweet smile.

"That is a great idea Nadia" Kagami praised. "My son and you have so much in common, I'm sure you two will get a long very well"

"I'm so excited!" Nadia squeeled, rubbing her arm against Karma's shoulder. "It's a good thing today is a holliday Karma-chan! You don't have school today so we can spend the entire day in each other's company" she squeeled once again. Karma forced his food down his throat and gave Nadia and his parents a tight smile, his grip on his fork tightened so much that his knuckles turned white.

After breakfast, Karma planned to disappear into his room and sneak out through the window but Nadia got his arm and wrapped herself around him, smirking at his look of frustration as she basically dragged him with her out of the mansion.

"Let's take your limo" Nadia pushed him to the garage. "We don't have a driver" Karma said.

"Hire one"

"I left my phone in my room and--"

Nadia took out her expensive new phone and tossed it to him without a care. "Use mine then" she smiled, showing off perfect white teeth.

Karma grumbled a curse word under his breath. But then the phone was swiped from his hand by Nadia. "Nevermind, you should be the one to drive instead! When we get married you'll be taking me to places anyway and we shouldn't rely so much on replaceable servants"

"Bitch at thirteen all my servants got kicked out and I had to serve myself and become independent! I practically raised myself!" Karma thought angrily, his patience thinning by the second. With a tight smile, he opened the door of the limo and gestured inside. "Alright then"

Nadia got inside and Karma slammed the door loudly, before going to the driver's seat.

He adjusted the rearview mirror. "Buckle up"