35

"Papa! Look at my drawing" Five year old Gakushū chirps, running towards his father waving a sheet of paper in his hand. It was a messy but adorable drawing of him, his dad, and his mom.

Gakuho looked down at him, stared at his drawing, nodded with a short smile before going back to grading his papers, at the same time busily checking something on his laptop.

Disheartenned, Gakushū ran to his mother instead.

"Mama! I drew this" he smiled widely as the beautiful woman knelt down to his eye level and took his drawing. "Oh my goodness, it's beautiful honey" Masami praised. "Gakuho! Our little boy is a genius artist!" She calls out to her busy husband.

They heard no reply, but Gakushū didn't care about his dad's approval that much.

The approval that very, truly mattered to him was the woman's before him. He giggled as she kissed his cheek, showering him with more praises

____________

"Mother, father, I made these for you" Karma said, proudly showing them the little beaded keychains.

However, his parents ignored him. They looked stressed, haggard and even irritated. The adults kept walking pass him, around him, almost trampling over him. They kept telling over the phone, angry about something the small five year old did not understand.

"Mother" he reached and tugged on the woman's skirt. "Not now Karma" Natsuki said pushing his hand away.

He then turned to the older red head. "Father-" he pulled on the man's hand, trying to give him the keychain.

"Not now!" Kagami yelled angrily, shoving the child.

"Honey, we can't play with you today" Natsuki said pushing him out of the room. "Go play with your nanny instead"

____________

"What is this?" Gakuho glared at his trembling son. In his hand was a report card, Gakushū's report card to be more precise.

"85, 82..are you even trying or are you just stupid?" The older Asano was glaring so harshly at the eight year old, Gakushū's eyes brimmed with tears, as his body trembled more with fear.

"Dear" Masami frowned at her husband. "Shuu is trying, and he certainly isn't stupid" she pulled her son to her frame. "You're being too hard on him"

"M-mo-" Gakushū started but winced and hid behind the woman in fear when his father said in a loud and angry voice

"Too hard on him?! From the way I see it I've been to lenient if his grades are slipping"

"Oh my God Gakuho this is the first time! And it's only two subjects! Start getting hysterical when--IF he fails all of his classes!" Masami angrily yells back as she picks up her son and stormed out of the room.

"I hope you don't mind honey, mama will be sleeping in your room for awhile" Masami whispered with a sweet smile. Gakushū smiled back. "I don't mind"

____________

"Congratulations Karma-sama! You're such a brilliant boy" his maids praised him.

Karma was smiling proudly as he showed off his high grades. All perfect, not a single low grade, all were line of 9.

"You're such a clever boy Karma-sama!"

"Your future is so bright!"

"Karma-sama your parents would be so proud!"

Karma smiled widely, showing one missing front tooth. "You really think so?"

The maids all nodded eagerly.

"Where are they? I want to show them too"

This caused the smiled on the maids' face to dissapear momentarily. The servants looked at one another, trying to think of excuses for their employers' absence.

Karma didn't need to hear them though.

"Oh"

____________

"Asano" the strawberry blonde was met with a pair of eerie yellow eyes, staring at him with suspicion. "What is it Horibe?" Gakushū glared back.

"What are your intentions to Akabane Karma?"