30

It was the end of the school day. The students and staff were packing their things and were more than ready to go home for the long awaited weekends.

Gakushū was hurriedly gathering his things, carelessly stuffing his notebooks and textbooks in his bag and releasing irritated sounds whenever one would fall off the table and onto the floor. Groaning, the strawberry blonde bent to pick them up, and stuffed them in his bag.

"Asano-kun seems excited for the weekend" Seo observed their leader.

"Have you noticed he's been incompetent and careless lately though? He hasn't been doing his student council duties properly these days" Whispered Araki

"He slept in class more than once, and hasn't been listening to the teacher" Koyama reminded.

"Do you think we should talk to Asano-kun about his lack of self discipline lately?" Araki asked.

"I think you should stop whispering about our leader behind his back while he is still in the room" Ren spat, making the three jump.

Ren looked over at Asano who had swung his bag over his shoulder and was already making his way to the door. "Wait a minute Asano-kun! Where are you going?" Ren called. Asano gave him an impatient annoyed look. "Home"

"Yea right, he's probably going to search for Akabane" the brunette thought

"Sorry Asano-kun but you can't leave yet" Ren gave him a sheepish smile. "You still have important student council paperwork to finnish"

Asano would have protested, made up an excuse of some sort. But he noticed  Seo, Teppei and Natsuhiko's looks and instead nodded. "Right, sorry I forgot" Asano gave them all a tight smile. "I will get on with it then, before they pile up any higher"

And with that the strawberry blonde went to the direction of the student council instead, but just to be sure he actually goes

The suspicious three members of the virtuosos followed him there, making up excuses in order to do so.

Asano was annoyed, he wanted to see Karma and maybe take him for a second date. He had great plans for day 11 too! But it would seem his plans for the red head would have to wait. For now, he needed to find a way to get Teppei, Seo and Koyama off his back.

Meanwhile, Ren was walking out of the building alone, busily texting his parents that he was on his way home.

"Oi" he heard a girl's voice call him. Looking up, Ren saw a girl with straight blonde hair and blue eyes, waving at him. "Nakamura-san? Hello" he greeted pleasantly. "Where's Asano-kun?" Rio asked ignoring his greeting. "He got held back, had some student council work to finnish" Ren resisted the urge to laugh. A few days ago, Asano would never let anything interfere with his council work, nor would he fall behind with homework either, or lose interest in the lectures. Asano may not know it, but Akabane had a powerful affect on him.

They just didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing

Or it could be both

"Is Karma with him?" A mischievous smile made it's way on the blonde girl's face.

Ren shook his head. "We haven't seen him all day" he responded

Rio's mischievous smile disappeared and was replaced by a look of confusion. "Karma and Asano aren't with each other? But they've been basically inseperable these past few days"

Ren shrugged and began walking to the direction of his home. Nakamura following him. "Maybe they're not in the level of closeness we want them to be yet"

Ren shook his head. "I doubt that. Karma's been Asano's main--actually his ONLY topic lately. Karma occupies his mind so much that Asano has been neglecting his student council duties and has fallen behind with school work"

This made Rio smile widely. "Seriously?" She laughed

"Seriously. Me and him had to make up excuses, if it were any other student the teachers probabaly wouldn't believe it but considering this is Asano we are talking about--"

"Haha! The teachers eat your words without a seconds thought" Rio giggled. "Say, do you think Asano likes Karma now?" She wiggled her brows.

"As much as he is a genius when it comes to academics" Ren laughed heartily. "He's a real moron when it comes to his feelings"

Now, Ren lived in a neighborhood in the east side of the city, which was about an hour away from his school by foot, but just a 20 minute ride by bus. Ren suffered a severe motion sickness, so he always walked to school. He knew of diffirent shortcuts that led him to school faster, shortening his travel to about 30 minutes. One of these shortcuts led to a bridge

And it just so happened Karma and Itona were at that bridge, sucking in strawberry popsicles and drinking strawberry milk.

When Ren and Rio saw them, the brunette grabbed the blonde girl and hid them behind a convenient store, peaking out to watch the two. Rio and Ren looked at each other

Then back at Karma and Itona

They both thought of something

And then a light bulb turned on in their heads. Ren took out his phone and took a picture of the scene, with Rio giggling beside him. He sent the picture to Asano followed by a message

"I think you may have some competition"