56

"Why is Nadia attending Karma's school again?" Natsuki questions, standing in front of her husband in the darkened office. The only source of light coming from the gaps from the curtained window.

"To get to know each other better. Karma can't keep avoiding her there" Kagami explains sounding very bored.

"What is that point?" Natsuki almost spat at him. "The school year is coming to an end, they barely have a month left"

When her husband ignored her, Natsuki bristled in anger, before forcing herself to calm down. She didn't want to fight her husband, because every fight they had always ended with him winning. Gakuho wasn't here to punch his face.

At the image of Asano, Natsuki almost smiled in front of Kagami, as memories of her high school flashed in her mind. And then memories of Kagami and Gakuho's petty rivalry. Of course she never actually saw Gakuho in college, but she heard stories about the rivalry between the two.

Then, she remembered graduation day, and the stupid stunt he pulled.

"Bastard" she thought amused.

She then gave her husband a hard stare. "Karma is unhappy with this arrangement. And of all families why did it have to be the Kens?" She narrowed her eyes. "You know how shady they are"

"They were the only ones willing. And are of higher status than us" Kagami explained looking up from his papers. "Nadia was very eager to marry Karma, as soon as I showed her a picture of our son"

"So she only wants him for his looks then?" Natsuki sounded angry. "She doesn't care for the person he is inside or his background, just as long as she gets a pretty gem?" The woman laughed humorlessly. "Gakushū was right about his judgement after all, of course I didn't doubt him. Nadia really does like pretty things"

"Gakushū?" Kagami raised a brow.

"Asano Gakushū. The boy Karma was with today" Natsuki reminded him of the strawberry blonde boy. "Gakuho and Masami's son"

"Oh, Masami's. How is she?" Kagami ignored the name Gakuho and perked up at Masami's name. "The boy didn't look anything like Masami. That's ashame, she was a real beauty"

"Gakushū takes after his father but there are traces of his mother" Natsuki sat in front of him. "Masami is dead"

Kagami's eyes widened a crack, a flash if emotion, before they dulled back to it's original coldness. "How unfortunate. When did she die?"

"I don't know. I just found out from Gakuho's kid a few days ago" Natsuki looked at the ceiling. "She had lung cancer"

For a while, the room was in an icy silence. The husband and wife staring at each other with equal coldness. Natsuki was the first to break eye contact. Standing up, and fixing her office blouse and tie. "I'm going to Kunogigaoka, see how Karma is"

"He's not five anymore Natsuki, he doesn't need his mother checking up on him like in kindergarten"

"No, but he does need to know at least one of his parents care" was what she said. "Oh, and Kagami" she faced her husband. "Lay off that cologne. You smell disgusting" and she slammed the door shut loudly that it echooed across the halls.

(Author: IWMYM fact: if you think the tension between Suki-chan and Kagami was as cold as ice here. The car ride to school with Karma, Nadia and Gakushū was even colder. Also, Itona will meet Nadia)