37

(Author: Okay I'm gonna spare you guys no more pranks, as much as I love tricking you into thinking they're doing something and reading your reactions 😂)

The house of mirrors was a confusing but fun. Everyone kept bumping into walls or each other. With each turn the four of them went deeper and deeper into the maze.

At some point, Karma and Gakushū got separated from Rio and Kayano, but both boys had a suspicion this was on purpose. The strawberry blonde and the red head wandered around the halls, occasionally the red head would make funny faces at their reflections making Gakushū laugh.

"So, care to tell me what was that about? " Karma asked.

"What was what about?" Gakushū frowned.

"With you and Itona, did you fight?" Karma faced Gakushū, blocking him. "We were probably going to, if you guys didn't come back in time" Gakushū muttered, turning his head but saw Karma's reflection glaring at him, before softening again.

"I didn't think you'd have that in you" Karma grins.

"Have what?" Gakushū frowned even more.

The red head grinned widely, showing off white teeth and his pointy canines. He looked very pleased "Your aura screamed 'kill' and you looked so angry. The color of your eyes got dark and we could smell the bloodlust coming from you, God it was strong"

Karma leaned close to his face, eyes dancing with merit. "What got you so mad?"

Gakushū stepped back and looked down at his feet, bangs covering his eyes.

"Potential-wise, with the right edges to sharpen, he could make a good assassin" Karma thought. "Maybe if he were in E-class?"

"Gun or knife?" Karma suddenly asked.

"What?" Now Gakushū looked alarmed.

"It's just a hypothesis but if you were an assassin what do you think would you prefer as a weapon?" Karma hid the excitement in his tone but it was clear in his eyes he was giddy.

Gakushū raised a brow at the bizzare and random question but, decided to humor the red head. Thinking about it, Gakushū answered with a shrug "a gun"

When he was thirteen, his father had taken him to learn how to shoot. And it was no surprise he was a natural at that as well, he hit bullseye after bullseye, never missing a single shot. He was good at archery too.

They proceeded to wander around for a bit more, Karma's odd questions were forgotten and Gakushū didn't bother to delve deeper.

"What is your relationship with Horibe?" Gakushū suddenly asked.

"We're classmates, and I guess friends" Karma answered with a nonchalant shrug.

"Do you hang out often?" Gakushū continue to interrogate.

"Not much but, these days he's been coming to me to talk, sometimes we'd eat popsicles together"

Gakushū bit the inside of his cheek, feeling displeased.

"Do you like him?" Gakushū couldn't stop himself this time. Karma was surprised. "Like him? Yea I guess, he's a nice guy"

"No I mean--" taking a sharp breath, Gakushū held both of Karma's shoulders and brought his face close to his. "Do you like him like how we like you?" The strawberry blonde narrowed his eyes. His bright amethyst eyes darkened dangerously.

Karma was very much aware how close their faces were right now, just one more inch and they'll be kissing. The thought made his face turn as red as his hair, something the strawberry blonde noticed but chose to ignore at the time being.

"Hey" Gakushū sighed, softening his voice and letting go of Karma's shoulders. He stared at the red head dead in the eyes.

"What about me? Do you like me?"