54

"Selfish, spoiled, irresponsible, lazy and has no care for anything other than yourself" Kagami spat. "Tell me when will I finally have faith in you Karma? Tell me when will you get your act together and make me proud?"

Karma was taken to Kagami's office, and here he stands alone with his father who was facing the window, his back turned to him. It would seem Kagami was too ashamed of him to even look at him while he reprimanded Karma.

Meanwhile Gakushū had been left alone with Nadia and, thankfully Natsuki in the drawing room.

Karma stood his ground, face blank of emotion, his posture lazy. Yet inside he was a whirlwind of emotions, he just really wanted out of there.

"When did you start becoming so rebellious?" Kagami sighs. He turned to face Karma. "What happened to the obedient little boy in desperate need for my approval? For his mother's notice?"

"Don't listen to him" the red head thought. "Block him out, block him out. You've never had trouble doing that before, just block him out"

"Always so eager to please, like a dog to his master" his father went on, turning around to face him. It irked Karma how much he resembled that man, red hair and everything. The only difference was their eye colour and shape. He got his eyes from his mother, to which he was and always will be grateful for.

"When I heard you had been transferred to E-class, you can't imagine how disappointed I was" he gave his son a calculating look, studying him. "But then again I had nothing to be worried about, I know you're smart enough to get back to the main building, you're just staying in that lowly class for attention"

"Block him out, block him out, block him out, think of...think of Gakushū" slowly, the anger and resentment he was feeling washed away as he thought of the purple eyed strawberry blonde. "Think of Gakushū, think of the rose meadow..." this was great, he was calming down. He just needed to continue this until his father stopped talking and finally tells him those familiar five words.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Sight" just a little while longer and he will say it

"Karma" the red head felt chilled to the bone as his father suddenly appeared before him, crouching down so they would be eye level. Kagami's blue eyes were cold to look at. He hated looking at his father.

It was like looking at a mirror of himself. Only colder, more cruel, and selfish. "I hate him" Karma thought bitterly.

"Ahhh, there it is" Kagami laughs. "There is that resentful look I've grown accustomed to" he patted his son's shoulder. "I'm impressed really, you've learned to mask your emotions very well" his smile dropped. "But you can't hide yourself from me Karma, I'm your father. I know you"

"You don't know anything about me" Karma replied coolly.

"I know enough" Kagami rolled his eyes. "I know enough not to expect much from you. A burden from the start, a disappointment meant, a failure" the man stepped back. "Do me and everyone else a favour. For once in your life stop being a rebel and a disappointment and do as your told"

He sat behind his desk. "Nadia is very eager to marry you. I doubt it's for your personality though" he scoffed. "The only thing useful about you is the good looks you inherited from me and your mother. Natsuki is ten times smarter than you so I don't need your brain"

"Fuck you!" Karma yells.

In a split second, Kagami was Infront of Karma and the back of his hand collided with Karma's cheek.

"Language" The older red head said not in a voice of anger but as if he was gently telling off a small child.

That was what Karma was feeling at the moment.

A small child.

A small child with a strong desire to beat his father into a bloody heap.