11

"This is a nice place" Gakushū commented, and he didn't say it mockingly or sarcastically either he actually meant it.

They were in a forest clearing that was close enough to 3-E's building,but far enough for peace and privacy, it was also a secluded place. There was one large tree in the center and it provided them some shade and shelter for the sun.

Karma shrugged and plopped down, patting the spot next to him. Gakushū was reluctant to sit down on the ground but did so anyway. Choosing to sit closely to Karma so that their knees were touching.

"Do you come here often?" He asked randomly to fill the silence. "Whenever I skip" Karma answered. "It's a good place. Quiet, pretty, helps me think" nudging Asano he added. "And a nice place to take a nap"

"I don't feel tired anymore" Gakushū answered. "You're my personal charger, just being near you is enough to return my lost energy"

"Cheesy" Karma teased.

"I tried" Gakushū smiled.

Karma's attention was drawn to the smile on Gakushū's handsome face. "When you smile like that..." He began. "You look" the red head stopped himself, frowned, opens his mouth and then closed it again. "You look more okay" he whispered.

"Sorry what was that?" Gakushū leant closer. "Nevermind, it was nothing" Karma denied.

Gakushū shrugged and rested his back against the tree, closing his eyes and hummed a tune as he savoured the peacefulness. "Hey, wanna play a game?" He suddenly offered.

"What kind?"

"20 questions" The Asano said. "Sounds dumb" Karma replied with a roll of his golden eyes. "It's not dumb, and we get to know each other more. We'll be taking turns to be fair" Gakushū smiled at him again. "It's....the only game my father ever allowed me to play"

"Who did you play it with?" Karma had to ask. Asano's smile faded. "Myself. I used to...talk to myself a lot"

Feeling embarrassed, and pity for the strawberry blonde, Karma piped up. "Okay, I'll play"

"Really?" This seemed to cheer Asano up.

"I'll go first" Karma thought for a moment. "What's your favourite color?"

Gakushū gave him a deadpan look. "Really Akabane? What are you four?"

"That was a question" Karma smirked. "Two questions actually"

Asano rolled his eyes. "that wasn't part of it. I was just surprised"

"Just answer Second-place" Karma teased him with his embarrassing nickname.

Asano thought for a moment. Did he have a favorite color? He looked into Karma's eyes. Gold, the color of Karma's eyes were orangey-gold, which he really liked. He liked that color. It wasn't his favorite color but he liked it a lot. "Gold" he answered. "Uhh..what about your favorite color?"

"Don't have one" Karma smirked, making Asano glare at him.

"My turn again. Favorite flowers?"

Asano was about to question Karma if this was the best he could think of and ask how old he thought he was, but thought better of it. He'll be wasting two more questions. "White roses" he remembers his late mother liked those.

"Yours?"

"......red roses"

Asano was quiet. Then asked: "do you like red roses because your mother likes them too?"

Karma thought about it. He didn't know if his mother liked roses....actually, he didn't know anything about what his parents liked at all.

"No. And it's my turn now. Why is your dad such a dick?"

"I don't know" Gakushū truthfully answered. "He's been like that for, as long as I can remember" he barely knows his own father. "And you? How does your parents treat you?"

"Nonexistent" Karma replied dryly.

So they both had shitty parents. He'll add that to his list of similarities with the red head, in case he can use them to get closer to him.

"Ever had a pet?" -Karma

"Was never allowed to have one" -Asano.

"You?" -Asano

"A cat named Millie" Karma said. "She died when I was six when my dad accidentally kicked her to the pool and she drowned right Infront of my eyes"

"That's...disturbing, did your dad apologised for it?" -Asano

"No. And that's your seventh question, it's my turn now" -Karma

"Biggest fear?"

"Clowns" Gakushū answered. Seeing Karma's look of disbelief and the teasing smile, he added "I was ten and it was Ren's birthday party. They hired a clown to entertain us...needless to say, I didn't find the clown very entertaining, I ran inside their house and hid inside the kitchen cabinet. Ren tried to get me to come out and it didn't help the clown was right behind him...it was the most humiliating, traumatising day of my life. My father was displeased at my cowardice, and he forced me to watch a three hour documentary video about clowns...as my punishment, it scarred me for life" Gakushū shuddered at the memory.

"I think that counts as a phobia"

"Hmm"

Even after five years of therapy, his phobia for clowns seemed to get stronger as he gets older.

"Best memory?" -Asano"

"When my parents came home for my tenth birthday" Karma answered. Then he added "It also became my worst because after ten minutes of being home they got a call and had to leave for work again, promising they'll be back in an hour. I waited in the kitchen staring at my candles, but they didn't come back until 3am"

"You stayed up until 3am?"

"I fell asleep on the table"

"Oh"

They proceeded with their game, until they both reached 19 questions. Now they each had 1 question left.

"Do you like anyone?" Gakushū asked his long awaited question.

"Yea" Karma responded.

Gakushū's eyes widened. Karma likes someone? Who?

Doesn't matter, Gakushū will make Karma fall inlove with him anyway and whoever this person Karma likes will be nothing but a distant memory. And he'll make sure of it!

"Why are doing this?" Karma gave him a blank stare. "One day we were rivals who hated each other, and then the next you're asking me to drink coffee with you, exchanging numbers...you come to my house with breakfast, acting nice"

Gakushū looked away from the red head's intense stare. "It's like I told you, I want to get to know you better"

"You're not lying" Karma muttered. "But you're not telling the full truth either" he shocked the strawberry blonde when he rested his head against his shoulder. "Whatever, it hurts my head just thinking about your split personality"

"I do not have split personality!" He defended, only to earn a chuckle from the red head. "Whatever Second-place" he closed his eyes.

Gakushū watched Karma sleep. He had to admit, Karma was attractive, even more attractive up close. Akabane and attractive? That's...."

He looked at Karma's sleeping face.

"Not a lie"

The strawberry blonde closed his eyes and rested his head on top of Karma's. It's just a quick nap. He'll wake up before Karma does and leave the red head.

For now...he'll just...stay there, with the red head, napping under the tree with his head against the delinquent's.

"Yea" he thought before slipping into unconsciousness "this is nice"