25

Day 8

Gakushū woke up at 9:07 am the next day. His back and neck ached from the uncomfortable position he had, sleeping on the chair.

Karma's parents never came back last night, much to Gakushū's relief because he got to be alone with Karma. And no he did not do anything, because what kind of monster do you think he is taking advantage of a sick, vulnerable, DEFENSE LESS-- hot as hell red head?

Yes, it was difficult for Gakushū to focus on caring for the red head and nothing more, when Karma was panting erotically with a lovely redness spreading across his cheeks. It had Gakushū coming and going from the room just to clear his head. At one point he ran into a wall.

Gakushū checked Karma's temperature and sighed with relief. His fever had dropped over night and, Gakushū estimates it will take one more full day's rest until Karma is fully healed.

"You're such a pain to deal with Akabane" Gakushū sighed plopping down on the bed, his head on Karma's belly. "But it's worth it though" he added.

But then he remembered something. Karma didn't get a chance to eat the cake yesterday, so he put it in the fridge. The strawberry blonde forced himself up from the comfortable position he had and went downstairs to the kitchen.

Gakushū wondered briefly why the Akabane's lived in such a big house with only a family of three. The parents were almost never home anyway so it was technically only Karma living there.

Gakushū passed pictures on the wall. But one particularly large picture caught his interested. It was a portrait sized photo of the Akabane family.

There was a beautiful brunette woman Gakushū guessed was Karma's mother, she had his eyes. A very handsome red haired man that was painfully obvious as the father, Karma almost looked identical to him, red hair and everything. The only difference was the man's eyes, they were a mysterious shade of blue. Standing between the couple was a twelve year old Karma, smiling at the camera.

Gakushū winced at the sight of Karma's smile. It looked fake, obviously fake. As if the red head wasn't even trying to hide how unhappy he was.

The mother's smile didn't reach her eyes, and the father didn't even bother to smile at all.

At the bottom of the picture was the date of the day it was taken.

Karma's 12th birthday

The strawberry blonde went to the kitchen and took out the cake from the fridge. He tried to ignore the feeling of emptiness and angered that thretenned to consume him. He wanted to pretend-to believe- that the picture didn't bother him at all

Karma's fake smile, didn't bother him at all

Karma's misery didn't anger him at all.

Why would he be angry? Who would he be angry at?

Passing more pictures of the Akabane family members on the wall

Karma as a five year old staring blankly at the camera

Karma on his seventh birthday wearing a traditional kimono for Christmas with a strained smile

Karma as a ten year old standing by his school's gate smiling 'happily' with four other boys while staring at the camera

"Oi, I know you're awake" Gakushū placed the strawberry chocolate cake on the desk across from the bed.

"Cake for breakfast?" Karma sat up straight.

"My mom used to let me drink coke and eat cake whenever my fever's gone down. She said it'll make it go away faster" Gakushū replied with a shrug.

Karma laughed. "Your mom sounds like a fun person"

"She was the kind of person who broke all the rules and, whenever my father would scold me she would come to my rescue" Gakushū let himself smile at the memory of his late mother. "Anyway, here" he held out a form with a piece of sliced cake.

Karma grins before opening his mouth wide and chomping down, crumbs of chocolate and strawberry fillings spreading all over his face.

Gakushū rolled his eyes.

"You act like a child" he took a bite of the cake.

Karma watched him. And, it was only about fifteen minutes later that Karma said something that made Gakushū stop mid chew.

"We've been using the same fork the entire time" he leant close to Gakushū's face.

"This is an indirect kiss" Karma teasingly licked the corners of Gakushū's mouth. "Technically, our first kiss A-sa-no-kun"

(Author: sha la la la la la my oh my looks like the boy's too shy~ (。♡‿♡。) I am getting way too into this. IWMYM fact: When Gakuho came back home and found his son's room empty, and Gakushū nowhere to be found, he didn't panic like any other normal parent would at that situation, he just sighed and went to work instead because he KNEW EXACTLY where his son was at)