39

After hours of fun, it was time for everyone to go. The moon had long since risen, it's half shape(due to Korosensei blowing half of the moon up) always reminded the assassins of their teacher's wide smile.

They would have stayed for a bit longer but they all had their reasons to go.

The group walked together, chatting and laughing about their day

"If you told me we'd be going to the fair with two A-class students with us and actually having fun, I'd have laughed my ass off" Rio chuckled nudging Asano's shoulder.

"Yea, you guys aren't so bad" Yuuma smiled. "I mean, atleast you two are. I'm not sure about the others though, they still treat us pretty badly" He rubbed the back of his neck, remembering the other students from the main building, and how they treated E-class as outcasts.

"We should do this again!" Kayano cheered, mouth full of squid barbecues.

"Maybe when we have time" Ren smiled as he points at Asano. "This guy here left a mountain's high of paperwork because he's been slacking off his Council duties"

"What--Ren you son of a bitch!" Gakushū growled in embarrassment . Hearing this Karma grinned slyly, seeming to had grown back his horns and devil tail. "Oh really? Do tell us more, it's really weird hearing the all great Asano Gakushū get so careless about his title"

"I even caught him sleeping during class on a number of occasions" Ren added.

Now everyone was interested at this new bit of information.

"I was tired okay?! And it's not like I needed to pay attention to the lectures because I studied them in advance!" Gakushū pushed Ren and Karma's arms off him, irritated and embarrassed.

"Oh and one more thing" Ren was now looking evil.

"Stop right there Re-"

"HE'S BEEN SKIPPING A FEW CLASSES!" Ren practically yelled for all the world to hear, as Maehara, Karma, Rio and Nagisa cheers as if they won a game, Kayano and Okuda were giggling while Itona looked simply surprised, before feigning disinterest again.

"I didn't take you for a rebel, me Asano-kun" Karma purrs, smirking at the strawberry blonde. "I-I'm not! I mean-" Gakushū groaned and ruined his hair. "Yea sure I skipped a few classes but that's only because I didn't need to attend them because, like I said, I study in advance and I'm a quick learner" the strawberry blonde sighed in stress, as he ran his fingers through his hair. Something Karma found very attractive

"It was also because I just wanted to see you more" the strawberry blonde muttered.

He didn't realised he had said that out loud, and when he did it was too late. Now Maehara and Rio were pinching his cheeks, teasing him endlessly, while the others watched with big smiles. Karma was smiling too, a blush on his face as he watched his friends make fun of Gakushū.

"Alright guys, spare the man" Nagisa said with a smile. "It's time to go home" and they resumed their walks, their group number decreasing. Until it was just Gakushū and Karma.

They walked in silence, not awkward silence, it was peaceful, and every now and then the red head would tease Gakushū by brushing their hands together as they walked.

Asano didn't disliked it, but it made his heart beat faster which was annoying to him because the loud drumming of his heart was hurting his ears. It was so loud he wondered how Karma doesn't heart it.

Soon enough, they reached Karma's street. It was time for them to part ways.

"See you at school" Gakushū was quick to say as he turned to walk to his street. Karma suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. Gakushū looked at him in confusion. Karma was looking down at his feet, seemingly embarrassed, his bangs covering his eyes. "I l-" he whispered.

"What was that?" Gakushū asked.

"I r--l...." Karma muttered something Gakushū couldn't decipher.

Gakushū just sighed, before grabbing Karma's shoulders and placing a hand on his chin, lifting Karma's head up to face him.

The sight presented to him was adorable. Karma was blushing so much he resembled a tomato, and his eyes were shaking with so much vulnerability Gakushū never thought Karma had. "Out with it Karma, we haven't got all night" Gakushū chuckled.

"Remember what you asked me back at the mirror house?" Karma looked frustrated with himself.

The strawberry blonde's eyes widened, realising where this was going.

"Well, I l-" Karma was cut off, his eyes widened shockingly as Gakushū pressed a hand to his lips, and kissed him. The hand acted as the wall between them, an indirect kiss.

(author: Like this^)

Karma just stood there, looking stupid. Gakushū pulled his hand away and flicked his forehead. "Go home Karma, before you catch something" and he turned his back and left, leaving a dumbfounded Karma behind.

Karma stood there for what felt like an eternity, before smiling like a fool and turning around, continuing his walk home.

What Gakushū did was certainly a surprise, a very sweet and pleasant one.

Unknown to him though he was going to have another surprise at home.

And it wasn't going to be pleasant.