PART 108: PERFECT

STEVES POV

I marched down the hall, my heart rate still racing. I can't believe he would do something that stupid. I mean, who thinks a good prank idea is make someone think they're about to be stabbed. He knew about Natasha's past with Dreykov. How could he do this.

I walked into the kitchen and my mood was lifted. Avery was sitting in the counter. Flour on her face and her hands sticky with egg. Natasha was dancing around the kitchen, just as messy as Avery. She looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"Come join us" she called over the music. I chuckled as she came over to me, planting a loving kiss on my lips, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the kitchen so she could dance with me. Avery giggled on the counter and Natasha picked her up holding her on her hip while she danced with me. Avery squealed in delight and somehow managed to cover me in flour.

Nat handed Avery to me and turned to the counter. She put the cookie dough on the tray and shoved it in the oven. I pulled her back into the little dancing circle

(This is the lyrics to perfect by Ed Sheehan - Steve sings it to Nat)

"I found a love, for me, darling just dive right in, follow my lead. I found a girl, beautiful and sweet, well I never knew you were the someone waiting for me. Cuz we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was, I will not give you up this time. Darling just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own and in your eyes you're holding mine. Baby I'm dancing in the dark, with you between arms, bare foot on the grass, listening to our favourite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, you heard it, darling you look perfect tonight. Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know, she shares my dreams I hope that someday I'll share her home. I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets, to carry love, to carry children of our own. We are still kids but were so in love, fighting against all odds, I know we'll be alright this time, darling just hold my hand, by my girl I'll be your man. I see my future in your eyes. Baby I'm, dancing in the dark, with you between my arms, bare foot on the grass, listening to our favourite song, when I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful, I don't deserve this, darling you look perfect tonight. Baby I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, were listening to our favourite song. I have faith in what I see, now I know I have met an angel, in person, and she looks perfect, I don't deserve this, you look perfect, tonight."

Tony walked into the kitchen "yall are cute" he chuckled as we cuddled and danced. He made himself a coffee and started walking out again "o, by the way, the kids mam cant get down here because of the storm so....yeah" he shrugged and walked out of the room.

"I don't think I've ever been more grateful for a thunder storm" Natasha murmured, kissing Avery's head.

We danced for a while more and then moved into the living room. Natasha played with Avery for a while as I set up a huge pillow fort, dragging cushions off couch's and armchairs and grabbing blankets from our bedroom and the nursery. We cuddled together in the huge fort and played silly games with Avery. Reviling in the loud, joyous, pure, sound of her laughter.

Natasha wandered back to the kitchen 20 minutes later when a timer went off. Me and Avery stayed put, singing the alphabet song and counting. I laughed whenever she would forget letters or jump from five to eleven. I tickled her until she squealed and threw her up in the air. I played airplanes, or as Avery calls it 'airpanes', until Natasha came back in. She laughed at us.

Avery reached up to Natasha and yawned. "O come here darling" she settled back in the fort, laying back against me while Avery cuddled into her chest. Avery looked up at Natasha "nigh' mommy. Lo' you" she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"I love you too princess" I noticed a singular tear run down her face and held her closer. I grabbed the remote and turned on the tv, scrolling through movies trying to decide what to watch.

"Oh! I know! Remember ages ago in the hospital, when we were talking about our favourite movies?"

"Yeah, and you said you didn't have a favourite movie but you had a favourite actress, what was her...Sc, Scarlett or something"

"Scarlett Johansson, we should watch one of her movies"

"Ok my love. Which one?"

"Uhhhh, o o o we bought a zoo, thats one of my favourites" I chuckled at how excited she was and put on the movie, turning the volume down so it wouldn't wake Avery.

We all cuddled together and watched the movie until we fell asleep in one big pile of blankets and cushions and humans.