PART 57: NOW

AVAS POV

I pushed the front door open and walked in, dumping my bags in the hall. I walked into the kitchen to get a drink and was met by Steve. He looked exhausted and his nails were bitten. His eyes were bloodshot from a lack of sleep.

"Any news about nat?"

"No....nothing" he was quiet. His voice barely above a whisper. As if he was afraid if he spoke any louder he would break.

"Hey, come here" I wrapped him in a quick hug.

"We'll find her. Don't worry"

Tony came running into the kitchen.

"You might wanna come and listen to this." We followed him out of the kitchen towards Tony's lab.

"We've been scanning every available data point, and.... we found this audio clip"

He walked over to his computer and pressed play.

"IF YOU HURT HIM I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL KILL YOU, I'LL FUCKING KILL ALL OF YOU" her voice was hoarse and broken, like she was crying, but it was definitely Natasha. I looked over to Steve and watched tears fall down his cheeks. I didn't know how to comfort him.

You could hear a loud thud, like the sound of a bat, hitting a body. Followed by a loud, heart breaking scream.

"Please. Don't hurt him. You have me. Let that be enough" she was quieter this time, and her sentence was broken by loud, shaking breaths, but it was still audible. There was another loud thud and Natasha screamed again.

I could hear laughter in the background. They thought this was funny. They thought it was hilarious. I've never wanted to hurt someone as much as I did right now. I couldn't take it any more, there was another minute left in the audio file and something told there wasn't going to be much more talking.

I ran up to my room and broke down. We had to find her. Now!