PART 113: FEVER

NATASHAS POV

Once she had finished her ice cream we went on a little walk around the park. She ran along beside me, pointing at things and squealing excitedly. I dont understand how there can be sadness in the world when this little girl exists.

There was a small basketball court at the park. She ran around, following the lines on the floor. I went to take a photo of her and she pulled my phone from my hands. I laughed at her as she screeched. I pulled the Polaroid camera out of my bag and got an even better photo.

 I pulled the Polaroid camera out of my bag and got an even better photo

We stopped by a little pond and she went crazy. Screaming and yelling pointing at the little duckling. My phone still clutched tightly in her little hand.

"MING-MING!!!" She repeated over and over. I laughed at her as she she showed me the little yellow duck over and over.

I scooped her up and ran for the car when it started to rain. She giggled joyously as she bounced up and down in my arms, finding the rain hilarious. I buckled her into the car seat and she played with my phone. Pressing buttons and showing me the photo set as my lock-screen.

"Loo' mama an' baby 'irl" I smiled at her as she babbled to the photo.

I got in the car and drove us home, chuckling at her constant chitter chatter. Not a lot of it made sense, but every now and then she'd mention Linny, Tuck, Ming-Ming, baby girl or mama.

I sat in the car outside the building for a few minutes, hoping the rain would ease off a little so we could make a break for it.

"I don't think this is going anywhere darling" she smiled at me. "Ok, come on, lets go" I ran around to her side of the car and unbuckled her seat. I picked her up and slammed the door shut. She laughed as the rain fell on her face. I couldn't help but laugh.

I spun around and she squealed. We danced around in the rain, laughing and smiling. I practically fell in the front door. Steve greeted us in the hall, he looked upset. He trapped my lips in a deepening kiss before I could ask what was wrong. He leant his forehead against mine and brushed my drenched hair out of my face.

"You ok lovie?"

"Yeah, fine" he held my hand and led me down the hall.

"Whats wrong darling? Where are you taking us? I have to get this one down for a nap" I looked down at Avery and gave her an Eskimo kiss, earning a kiss on the cheek.

Steve led us down to the living room and stopped in the doorway, I walked around beside him, curious as to what could have him so upset. I scanned across the room, noticing a young woman with crazy brunette curls framing her baby blue eyes sitting on the couch staring straight back at me.

I felt my face fall, but quickly plastered a new smile in its place, void of any real feelings.

"Hi, I'm Rylie, Avery's mother" those were the exact words I had been dreading, Avery's mother they sounded wrong.