PART 49: QUIET

AVAS POV

I woke up and rolled over, I was met by another body and my eyes instantly shot open. Evan was lying beside me, snoring lightly. I smiled and settled down into the crook of his arm, placing my arm over his stomach. I fell back asleep in a matter of seconds only to be reawakened half an hour later, I opened my eyes and saw Evan trying to get out of my bed without waking me. He looked back and saw me, he looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry"

"Don't be, what time is it?"

"Half 12" I shot up out of the bed.

"Half 12!!" He laughed at me and wandered around to the door.

"Want a coffee?"

"Always" I got out of bed when Evan left and pulled a pair of tracksuit bottoms on over my pyjama shorts. I wandered down the hall towards the kitchen the tile cold under my bare feet. I passed natashas room and remembered that steve was gonna propose last night. I squealed and poked my head around the door. She wasn't there and I ran towards the kitchen.

"Someone's excited" Evan turned to look at me as I wandered around the main floor looking for Natasha or Steve.

"I'll be right back" I jogged down the stairs to the training room and heard the steady and rhythmic thumping of someone beating up a boxing bag. I ran down the hall and into the main gym. I saw Wanda first, on the treadmill. I spotted Steve next, going to town on a boxing bag. I walked further into the room and saw natasha standing behind the other bag. Once she saw me she stopped the bag from swinging and smiled at me.

"So!?!?!"

She walked over to a bench calmly and started unwrapping her hands. I looked to Steve and he chuckled.

"You're so annoying"

She threw the wraps at me and I ran over to the bench, enveloping her in a hug.

"This is amazing!!!"

She laughed at me and pushed me back.

"Still need to breath Ava"

I held her hands.

"Where's the ring?" She reached behind her and picked the ring up off the bench, easing it onto her finger.

"Ooooo wow. It looks so much better on your hand" she looked up at me with surprise on her face. She didn't know I helped pick out the ring, or that I knew Steve was even proposing. She pushed me playfully and laughed at me again. Her gaze shifted to someone behind me and I turned to see Evan. He looked slightly uncomfortable, he didnt really know Natasha or Steve or Wanda.

"We'll talk more later" I walked back over to Evan and we went back upstairs.

I pulled the steaming hot mug of coffee closer and lay back in my chair, I shut my eyes and relaxed

"How are you tired? You got out of bed 3 hours ago"

"Mmmmm. Training with Wanda is always exhausting" Evan started laughing at me and I threw the book on my lap in his direction.

"Shhhhh" he laughed at me again but wandered back out of the room. I lay in silence and drank my coffee, my mind wandered back to natasha. This was so exciting. She was getting married!! There was a lot of planning to be done.