PART 53: BACKGROUND NOISE

AVAS POV

I walked over to the punching bag, wrapping my hands. Now that natasha moved out, I had become very familiar with the old red bag. I put all my emotions into my training, all my anger into my back kick, all my sadness into my uppercut, all my worry into my right hook. I looked out the large window to my right, the navy almost black sky was slightly illuminated with lights from the city.

Tonight was no different, I was pushing all my emotions out and shoving them into the old boxing bag. Only tonight instead of pushing my emotions out, I felt like they were seeping back in. I kept punching in the hopes it would go away. I punched until my body ached and blood seeped through my wraps. I started to cry. I don't know why. But I couldn't stop. I rested my head on the bag and cried. Delivering small half hearted blows that could barely even be called punches. My body rocked with silent waves of emotion.

"This some new sort of training?" I jerked around at the familiar voice. Natasha leant against the doorframe, keys in hand.

"Come here darling" she held out her arms and I let myself be wrapped in her embrace. She cuddled me close and let me cry into her shoulder.

"Want to tell me why you're crying?" She pushed me back slightly so she could get a better look at me once I had stopped crying.

"I dont know why?" I gave her a watery grin and she gave me another quick hug. She pulled my hands from around her back and looked at them. She let out a long, tired sigh and started unwrapping my hands to get a better look at my knuckles. They weren't too bad, just a couple scratches. She threw the wraps in the bin and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, walking me back up to the kitchen.

"Chocolate, makes everything better" she smiled down at me and I laughed.

"Always" she sat me down and walked over to a cupboard, moving cans of peaches and random bags of nuts.

"Aha! Tony hasn't found it yet!" She pulled out a bar of chocolate and pushed it across the table to me.

She sat down opposite me as I broke off a square and popped it in my mouth, letting the rich chocolate melt in my mouth.

"Since when do you train in the evenings? I thought you were an early bird"

"I am, I train in the mornings, and then again in the evenings because I have nothing better to do" she looked at me and I could see the pity in her eyes.

"How is everyone else? Any interesting news?"

"Yeah everyone's fine, nothing interesting though. Its kinda been a boring week, not many missions either" I looked over to her and watched as she began to formulate a plan. Her eyes regained that familiar excited sparkle as she looked back to me.

"Let's hear it. This plan of yours"

"We, are having a girly night. Me, you and Wanda. Movies, and makeovers and girly chat." she got up and walked out of the kitchen to go find Wanda.

I chuckled at her eagerness and wiped the last of my tears away. I walked into the huge living room and grabbed some blankets out of the ottoman. I threw them on the couch and wandered back to the kitchen. Pulling out snacks and bowls to put them in. I heard Wanda and Natasha laughing and chatting. I smiled at the sound of the 2 being happy. I poured the popcorn into a large bowl and walked back into the living room. They were both already cuddled under a blanket. I put the bowl on Natasha's lap and sat down beside her. She put on a revenger movie and we all started chatting, not really paying attention to it. It was just background noise.