Chapter 95

"Sean?" I ask when I turn to find the source of the firm hand.

"I uh- I was wondering if you still had that spare key?" he shuffles slightly on his feet and I feel JJ squeeze my hand.

"Yeah, I uh- it should be- yeah." I let go of her hand and pat the pockets of my jacket. "Here." I state when I pull the small piece of metal from it's hiding place.

"Cheers." he nods and takes it, placing it between his teeth as he pulls his wallet from his jeans pocket. He shoves it in the small zip area before putting the leather away and smiling at me.

"JJ?" He asks while focusing on the woman behind me and I nod while smiling. If it wasn't for Sean, JJ and I wouldn't be here together right now.

"Hi, I'm Sean." he reaches for her hand as he introduces himself and she shakes it while frowning slightly.

"You're the waiter right?" she questions and Sean laughs.

"Actually, I own that place. I don't usually serve my customers, but Spencer here wanted everything to be perfect." he pats my shoulder as he refers to me and JJ's frown eases.

"Sean helped me get back on my feet after- you know?" I break the short silence knowing what JJ must be thinking and she nods.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you might have been the- other guy?" The frown lifts from her eyebrows and Sean laughs.

"God, no. Spencer and I are boxing buddies eh?" he shoves my shoulder and meets my eyes. "You haven't been down to the gym for a while?"

"Oh, I went to vegas the other day and we've uh- we've been looking after Henry. JJ's nephew."

"Why don't you come inside Sean?" JJ offers and he looks at me for permission.

"Hey, it's not up to me." I laugh and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Sure, I guess a couple of drinks couldn't harm me." he smiles and the three of us re enter the club.

"Morgan, this is Sean." I introduce my two closest friends and Derek shakes his hand firmly.

"You're the one getting married then?" he asks and Morgan nods with a wide smile. "Good luck!" he jokes and the two men laugh.

"Want a drink?" the question is directed at the three of us and I decline along with JJ to prevent her feeling uncomfortable.

As we make our way toward the bar, Hotch and Rossi look up with smiles, but Hotch's soon disappears.

No one but me seems to notice because we make it all the way to the two men before Sean groans.

"Fuck."

"What?" I ask the blonde man almost straight away and he sighs while avoiding eye contact with anyone.

"That's my- he's my brother." he nods in the direction of Hotch and when I look up, the mans eyes are fixed firmly on the two of us.

"I don't get why that-"

"I haven't spoken to him in years." he sighs angrily and I nod my head slowly, trying hard to understand what is going on.

"Sean." Hotch joins us and I meet the blonde mans eyes before leaving the brothers alone.

"What was that about?" JJ asks when I take a seat beside her and the newly engaged couple also look at me with questioning eyes.

"I don't know, family business or something." I shrug and grab Morgans drink, taking a quick mouthful before leaning against the back of the leather chair.

"That's Hotch's brother?" Rossi joins the conversation and I nod. He raises his eyes brows slightly and looks over to the talking men.

Some time later they join us again and the tension between them has eased. I watch Sean as he sits down waiting for some kind of reassurance that everything is ok and he gives it me via a small smile.

***

"We'll see you guys soon then yeah?" Emily asks JJ while hugging her tightly.

"Yeah, of course. You guys are welcome whenever." she smiles and hugs Morgan too, then Garcia, then Kate, then every body else.

"Sean, are you jumping in the cab with us?" I ask the muscular man as he says goodbye to his older brother.

"Uh, yeah?" he agrees and climbs in the front while JJ and I climb in the back.

This chapter is so short and badly written, I'm soooooo sorry!!!