Chapter 74

It's Monday and as planned, I took the day off because Elizabeth is taking me to the doctors today. I'm feeling very anxious waiting here outside the hospital halls. Its not a very pleasant memory whenever I'm here so that's why I'm so nervous and scared right now.

Elizabeth kept hold my hand the whole time we've been here. The doctors ran so many tests on me earlier, getting blood samples, MRI and some I'm not very familiar with but after that I was feeling a bit tired already. Now we're just waiting for the doctor to talk to us for the next step and that's what's making me anxious. So I sit here with my head on Elizabeth's shoulders playing with her hands, just to distract me from my thoughts, while she's on the phone with Marla.

"What did she say?" I asked as soon as she got off the phone putting it in her bag.

"She said I have an interview tomorrow for James Corden with Anthony. Then after that I still have to check on the progress for post production this week since our target finalization is next week and that's it. You have work tomorrow don't you?"

"That depends on what the doctor says." She doesn't respond to this and just kissed me on top of my head. Maybe because she's as scared as I am right now. Well, having constant chest pains that feels like you're dying is a very serious thing. Suddenly, the doctor's secretary called my name telling us that the doctor is ready to see us. So I take Elizabeth's hand and laced it with mine before going in the doctor's office.  I need her with me when I talk to the doctor.

"Hi, I'm Mike Fox and-" Dr. Fox looks up from his pad and immediately noticed my girlfriend beside me sending a huge smile on his face. "Oh, Hi Ms. Olsen, didn't expect you to come here."

"Hi, I'm just here for my girlfriend." She states proudly making it clear that she's with me.

"Alright then please take a seat." We did as we were told and sat across his desk while he looks at some papers. Maybe those are my papers.

"So it says here that you're experiencing chest pains almost like a heart attack occasionally. So let's say in a week how many times would you experience this chest pains?"

"I say maybe seven times a week, sometimes it doubles." I felt Elizabeth squeeze my hand and wrapped her free arm with mine.

"Hmm, that's a lot. Have you been stressed lately? or do you have any medical conditions beside having this chest pains?" Stress? yes, I've been stressed my whole life and maybe that was it.

"I have been diagnosed with anxiety a few years ago and I still have that right now."

"I see, are you taking any treatment for this?"

"Yes, I have medication for it but sometimes it doesn't work." Its true though, because if it is, I don't need to double my dosage whenever it doesn't feel right the first dose.

"You need to consult with your therapist on your dosage. Anyway, I don't want to settle for an initial diagnosis but I think I already know what this is. I still need to check the result of your MRI in a week to verify it. For the mean time, I will give you some prescription to lessen your chest pains." He says as he writes down my prescription in his pad before explaining the right dosage in a day. God, my body will be filled with pills and medicines everyday and I'm really sick of it.

"The most effective way to lessen your chest pains is to lessen your stressors. Try to keep your stress level on low okay. In terms of your anxiety, ask for new prescription to your therapist if you feel like you're current is not working anymore." Well, that is a major step back from taking baby steps. The universe is really pushing me to talk to Joan and to be honest, I really am not ready for that. "So that's all I can do for you right now, I'll have my assistant contact you immediately after I've studied your MRI Scan, maybe around next week." I gave him a nod and a smile before standing up and shake his hand. We said our goodbyes with him repeating what he said about his assistant giving us an update on when my next schedule of check up is.