Chapter 60

We just arrived at the airport and I'm really not surprised to see a few paps at the entrance waiting for us. Turns out they got a picture of us at the parking lot yesterday at the hospital and Shannon got mad about it when she found out so now she's in a foul mood because of it and me, even though I say that I'm used to it, it still keeps me anxious when they're around like a trauma had latched on me and the only way I'm fine being around them is when Shannon is with me.

"Thanks for the lift Dad, I'll see you soon okay" Shannon says as she gives Jim a hug. Jim then gestured me for a hug as well making me smile.

"Those guys waiting for you?" I pulled away and look up to him seeing him giving death glares at the paparazzi. If looks could kill they'd be dead right now.

"Yea, can't get anywhere without them buzzing around snapping their awful cameras." Shannon says through gritted teeth obviously pissed off at them.

"Be careful okay, Shan look out for this one." I smiled upon hearing that as he squeezed my arm. Meeting Jim is probably one of the strangest feeling I've felt in a good way though. Maybe because I haven't had a father figure with me for so long and that my Dad and I are not really in talks right now and having him around and talking to him feels like having a Dad right now and that's just comforting.

"Yup, I will."

"Lizzie, you know our numbers right, text us when you landed because we all know Shannon won't" I giggled giving him a nod earning a glare from Shannon.

"We need to go, we're going to miss our flight." We give Jim one last hug and say our goodbyes before Shannon takes our luggages and looks at me. I give her a smile even though I can really sense her worries of going through the paps without our security team. I know I'll be safe though, she's with me.

"Baby, grip on my jacket, don't ever let go and just stay close to me okay?" I do as what she says and take a good grip on her denim jacket before looking up to her and smile just to let her know that its okay, she really worry too much. We started making our way towards the entrance keeping our heads down. Flashes starts and voices of men echo in my ears, I couldn't quite figure out what they were saying because they were all speaking at the same time but it didn't matter in that moment. In fact, I really don't want to hear it.

As soon as we got to the entrance one ground staff helped us with our luggage and security accompanied us to check in our baggages which is kind of a breather because Shannon immediately took my hand as we walk through the airport making me feel more secure.

We finally get to the boarding area after security check and this made Shannon loosen up since we got passed the paparazzi safely.

"Whew, haven't done that alone for a while." She breathes before giving me a smile which kind of sends relief to me knowing that she's feeling a bit better than earlier.

"Well, you're the best as always. Thank you." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek as I hear her giggle before taking me completely in her arms squeezing me a bit.

"Baby, I just remembered. Do you have your speech yet?" I felt her froze and tensed up a bit telling me clearly, she doesn't have anything prepared yet so I looked up to her and yea, just by the look on her face just confirms what I thought.

"Uh-I was thinking about it earlier, on what would I say and that I clearly forgot to write it down. Now, I'm stressed. Oh God." I pulled back and touched her face making her look at me.

"You need to relax okay, we just need to work it out. It's still early, we still have like a day left before your event tomorrow, I'm pretty sure we'll come up with something okay." She sighs and gives me a nod pulling me back in her arms and resting her head on my shoulder.