Chapter 51

A week had passed and many things happened. Well, turns out the rest of Elizabeth's scenes were transferred to me which was not a good idea since we're both distracted all the time and sometimes we'll get called out for it but at the end of the day we will get great results on the scenes so we get away with it most of the time. It was a bummer though that we can't be with the twins on their birthday, I miss them. We sent flowers for them before we went to Joan for my session and had to talk to them on FaceTime.

The session I had with Joan that day is different from my first session with her since I was having these terrible nightmares for the past two weeks up until now to be honest but not as worse as before but somehow it wakes me up every single night. Joan said that she understood it since I was really in a stressful situation having to deal with everything in just a week. She was suppose to give me some additional prescription but I was having non of it. I really don't want to depend on pills and all of that stuff. I know they help but I don't want to be dependent on them. I'm still working on my CBD usage and I don't need to add more. I have another session with her after two weeks because she'd be on vacation next week but she told me to just call her if something comes up.

I'm currently on Elizabeth's trailer working on some scripts while she do some scenes with Mark on set. We're currently shooting at the school today and later we'll be moving location to Drew's house for a scene with Leigh and that's what I'm working on right now.

It's a dialogue scene but I need Leigh to be mad on this cause she just talked to Nina who is in fact Matt's other love interest. What's with all the guys cheating nowadays.

Suddenly, my phone rings beside me making me look at it and see Casey calling making me quirk an eyebrow quite confuse on why she's calling because she doesn't really calls me unless it's an emergency and suddenly, I felt heavy on my chest as I picked my phone up and answer it.

'Hello?'

'Where are you?' Her tone made my heart race. I try to put it back on my mind but something's up, I can feel it.

'I'm at work. What's happening?'

'Maybe. now's not a perfect ti-'

'Just tell me. What is it?' I heard her sigh. The suspense she's giving me is really not helping right now as my hands starts to get sweaty.

"Mom doesn't want me to tell you this right now but I think you really need to know that. Uhm.."

'Just spit it out Case, what's happening?' I was rather getting pissed already. Ugh, I feel terrible.

'Mom has breast cancer.'Everything has gone mute. I felt like my heart's about to explode and now thoughts were running in my mind and its not really helping me.

'What?' I manage to say as I close my eyes still trying to process what she just told me.

'They found a small tumor on her breast .Its in early stages so the doctors said that she's going to be fine. She has a scheduled surgery on the 27th.' I hear her but it's really not sinking in. My thoughts are louder than her voice and its driving me mad.

'Shan, you still there?' I let out a sigh and buried my head in my hands. I don't know what to do.

'She's going to be okay, I just thought you should know.'

'Can I talk to her please?' My voice cracked a bit as I felt the tears coming. It feels like someone just punched me in the gut and I hate this so much.

'Shan, its mom.' Hearing her voice just made my tears fall but I didn't let her hear knowing my mom she doesn't really like when we cry about things. She always say to look things on a positive side but to be honest, I really can't do that right now.