Chapter 69

"Here" Elizabeth placed a bowl of pasta in front of me and I just looked at it. Not really having the appetite right now. I just want to go to bed and fucking sleep but how can I do that if she's here. I'm starting to think that this is a bad idea.

"What's wrong?" I hear her say so I looked up to her as she sat beside me.

"I'm not really hungry."

"No, you have to eat Shannon please. I have a feeling you haven't ate all day and I really hate when you skip your meals." I sighed and slowly take my fork taking a small bit of it before putting it on my mouth. Its good but not really into it.

"So?" I turn to my side to see her looking at me then my bowl and back at me again while she chews on her food and I just shrugged at her.

"You don't like it." She sighs and gets off her seat making me look at her. She goes to rummage through the kitchen looking for something. I took another bite of my food to see if it'll grow on me but nope, doesn't change still the same. I let out a sigh and rest my head on the kitchen table feeling so drowsy making me close my eyes for a while.

"Shan please sit properly, you're eating. Here I made you something else." My eyes snapped open upon hearing that. Did I just dozed off for a bit? I slowly pulled myself up as she takes the bowl of pasta and replaced it with a plate of egg toasts. "Its a good thing you have a bit of supplies still so I tried to make you something with what you have. Go on eat."

I stared at the food in front of me. I still don't have the appetite but I found myself taking a bite of my toast and that is just heavenly and somehow brought memories in making a small smile play on my lips.

"Judging by that smile on your face, I'm guessing that's a bit better?" I turn to her and gave her a small nod.

"Thanks." She gives me a sweet smile and that made me stare at her for a while before looking away. I'm not suppose to cave in so easily but her company brings back old times, when I was still happy with my life.

We sat in silence just eating our food. It was a bit uncomfortable really. Its just strange to have here again, beside me and having dinner with me. I've expected this to happen again a few days after the break up but when I found out about her and Robbie and all that shit, I've given up the idea of it. To be honest I was already having thoughts on renting a U-Haul to return her things at her mom's house but haven't got the time to actually decide on it. Now, for some reason, I'm glad I didn't.

"The house looks great Shan." I snapped out of my thought and turn to her seeing her looking around the house.

"Yea, well I needed a distraction." I say turning back to my food finishing up. I stood up and took her empty plate as well and start to clean up. I agree with her the house has never been this clean before any of this happen. I was craving for distractions so when I'm not at work, I clean the house before working on the greenhouse and that will got me until its dark then come back in and clean again. I would just stop when its time to go to sleep.

"Here, let me help" She whispers gently as she stands beside me and started drying the plates. There was an awkward silence between us and a tension that you can easily cut with a knife and it was stressing me out. The silence was too loud and it was making my heart race and beat loudly, I can heart it through my ears. I really need to get some rest.

"Hey, you okay?" I hear her whisper placing the plates on the dry rack immediately and turns to me completely.

"Yea, I'm just tired."

"Why don't you go and head to bed"

"You said you wanted to talk."

"Maybe some other time, I just really wanted to be with you tonight." She smiles sweetly and I just nod at her."Now, go. I'll clean up a bit and will go ahead too. I'll just lock the door when I leave." There was a part of me that wants her to stay. Well, its getting late and its been a long day. But a part of me is trying to keep my walls up.