Chapter 49

Shannon's P.O.V.
I was helping out at the dining room after Jarnie helped me out with my bruised cheek earlier. It was indeed too dark and visible when we removed the make up and a bit swollen. I'm also starting to feel the pain though when I smile or just talk actually but its tolerable so its fine.

"Oh, let me help you with that." I jogged towards Jarnie and take the serving plates she was holding before placing it on the dining table.

"Alright, How's that?" I asked as I gestured her to the table all set up for dinner. She lets out a giggle before walking towards me and smiled.

"Just right, thank you for helping dear."

"Oh don't mention it, I like doing this kind of stuff. Thank you for letting me help and also for helping me with this one." I say as I pointed on my cheek. "It's starting to hurt a little bit though when I move, but that's alright I guess.I'll just put some more ice on it later on when we get home" I chuckled at her. She touches my chin again turning it to face my cheek to her.

"This will be gone maybe after a week and that nasty cut on your lip will heal in a few days. Robbie really did some damage on your face dear."

"Yea, he's lucky he picked the wrong time to have a fight. I was not in the right state yesterday, not at all."

"Hey, what's happening here?" We both turn towards the door and saw Trent with his arm around Elizabeth. I smiled as Jarnie let's go of my face. I guess they've made up and I'm so happy they did.

"I'm glad you two made up" Jarnie says as she walks over to Trent. When he made eye contact with me all I can do was give him a nervous smile. Why, maybe because my face is knocked down and he might probably think that I like having fights.

"What the-" My eyes snaps to Elizabeth who was looking at me with worried look on her face as she rushes to me. I kept my eyes on her but still I can still feel her brother's gaze at me. " It's even darker than before"

"It'll heal sweetheart, it's alright."

"Liz?" We both looked at Trent and Jarnie who were both looking at us and I felt a little anxious about the look he was giving me.

"Oh right. Shannon this is my brother, Trent. Trent, this is my amazing girlfriend Shannon." Way to boost my confidence Elizabeth.

"Hi, I'm Shannon. Its nice to finally meet you" I smiled and reached out my hand for him to shake. He then gives me a small smile before taking it.

"Nice to finally meet you too. Heard a lot of things about you." My mind went straight to the twins and Jarnie who winked at me as she goes to her sit.

"I hope you heard good things" I chuckled nervously as we all take our seats. I then felt a Elizabeth's hand made its way to my knee squeezing it for comfort making me look at her and saw the sweetest smile on her face and its distracting me from being nervous.

What happened to your face?" My head snaps to Trent to see him staring at my face.

"Uh-had a fight with her ex yesterday."

"Oh right, yesterday. What really happened yesterday? I was trying to call Lizzie when I found out and I couldn't get hold of her so I drove here instead and mom just told me Robbie came to your house."

"Yea, He kept calling and texting Elizabeth for this past few days and I just had it. So I answered him and he got pissed went to the house to have a confrontation which led to this and him being arrested again."

"Again?" Oh shit, He didn't know. I look at Elizabeth who looked at me with a nervous look and shook her head slightly. Fuck, should've given me a heads up.