Chapter 20

I feel so much better than I did yesterday. I've had the longest sleep I had since I can't remember and now it felt so good. I really need to start taking care of myself because being sick fucking sucks so bad, I can't even do anything. So I'm really happy that I'm okay now and I feel well and energized.

I'm in front of my house waiting for Elizabeth to pick me up for work. She said she was close so I figured I just wait out here so we can go immediately much less exposure for her around. I love this neighborhood though. Its quiet and peaceful maybe because its a bit far from the city which is just fine with me. People around here don't snoop around people's business not that I know of but so far, no articles of Elizabeth coming in and out of my house so that's good.

I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket so I pulled it out expecting Elizabeth's name will pop out of the screen but its a text message from a random number. I got intrigued so I opened it up

Can we talk?

Uhh. Who the fuck is this? How am I suppose to talk to you if you don't even tell me who you are. I sigh and type a quick reply.

Who is this? Who did you get my number from?

A reply almost came immediately making my eyes furrowed as I open it up.

It doesn't matter, Its Cari.

Way to ruin my mood. I put my phone back on my pocket not wanting to reply. I'm so done with her, she put me through hell when we were together. She was confuse, I get that but to get back with me and tell me that she didn't want me anymore and the cycle continues repeating itself over and over again is just draining, exhausting and traumatic. Like it got me to a really really bad place in my life and I won't let her lure me into that again.

A sound of a car pulled me out of my thoughts. I stood up as Elizabeth pulled over in front of me. I hopped in the car meeting the most gorgeous girl I've ever laid my eyes on greeting me with the sweetest smile.

"Hi sweetheart." I whisper pulling her closer for a kiss.

"Hi honey" She smiles against my lips before pulling away completely and started driving.

"You took your time" I started as I sit back on my seat getting comfortable.

"I'm sorry, I was caught in traffic and I stopped by at Starbucks to get us some coffee." I look to her cup holders and indeed there was coffee making me smile. She reached down and handed me the cup and I took it immediately but carefully so I won't spill anything in her car.

"So how're you feeling today?"

"I feel so much better now than I did yesterday. Had a very long sleep last night and It felt wonderful"

"Well, I'm glad that you're okay now. Can you please take care of yourself. You've been working non stop for the last couple of weeks."

"I will. I promise." I gave her a smile before taking a sip of my coffee. Well, that's refreshing.

"So are you free on Thursday?"

"That depends, do we have shoot on Thursday?" She shakes her head a small smile growing on her lips. My brows furrowed in curiosity of what she's on about.

"If that's the case then yes. Why are you taking me on a date?" I teased and she just giggles making me smile.

"Kind of, Well. Scarlett wants to meet you properly." What the fuck! My heart starts to race upon hearing that. "So she asks if we could meet up with her on Thursday night for dinner." I literally sunk into my seat getting anxious on what she just told me about. Its not that I'm that nervous on meeting another high profile celebrity and a hot one. It's just that our first encounter was so embarrassing for me, my dignity was scarred the moment I spoke to her drunk as fuck.