Chapter 79

Lizzie's P.O.V.
I woke up even before visiting hours started and that's a good thing, I guess. It saves me time to prepare myself to put an act in front of others as if nothing is lingering between the both of us. With a heavy breath, I rose up from the couch. I scrunched my eyes as I felt pain in my head and my body is sore from sleeping on the couch. God, I feel awful physically and emotionally.

"Good morning" I jump slightly cursing under my breath at the sudden voice. I think that stopped my heart in a second.

"Sorry" I released a deep breath with my hand flying to my chest before looking up to her.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Just gone five." I'm not surprised, its still quite dark outside but I'm surprised she's up this early. She's never a morning person. I glanced back at her to see her just staring but looks away when I caught her gaze, fumbling with the hem of her blanket. Nothing changed, still woke up in a fucking nightmare.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked again while I stood up from my spot and start fixing up maybe it would distract me from actually having a breakdown.

"I can't sleep." I hear her say in a low tone sending a heavy sensation in my chest. I didn't turn around though and look at her because I'm still afraid of the conversation we left off last night.

"You should've woke me up then. I have your sleeping pills with me." She hums in response before silence surrounds us. The tension in the room is suffocating me but I have to keep it together and pretend everything is okay maybe then it would change everything. So I took in every courage that is left in me and turn around and face her. I swallow the lump forming in my throat as I walk towards her giving her a soft kiss on top of her head.

"How're you feeling?"

"Still weak, but a bit better." She sighs as she closes her eyes trying to get comfortable and I stood on the side of her bed just staring at her face. I don't know why, but its like my eyes are drawn to them, memorizing each beautiful detail. My eyes travels from her hair down to her forehead, her long lashes, pointy nose and irresistible lips. I smile as my mind wanders how those felt like every time she kisses me, soft and delicate lips.

I suddenly snapped out of my daze as she moves to open her eyes and in panic, I made my way to the bags Trent brought in last night. The food is untouched but I don't think its very safe for us to eat this now so maybe I should go to the cafeteria to get us something to eat at the same time dispose this.

"I'm going down to the cafeteria to get us some food."

"What time will mom be here?" Right, I almost forgot her family is coming in today and fuck I have work. Maybe I'll just talk to Kit about it and let me skip work for another day.

"I don't know honey, wait let me check." I walk back to the couch and grab my phone on the table and to my surprise a thousand notification is an understatement I must say. I have missed calls, texts, DMs and emails from friends and work but mostly from Marla.

"What's wrong?" I hear Shannon say in a worried tone but I ignored it and look for Deb's number, I need to know what time will they arrive because trust me paparazzi will be hounding the airport any minute now.

'Hello'

'Yea, hi Debbie. I just called to ask what time will you be arriving in LA?' I glanced at Shannon who is staring at me looking worried and confuse as I talk to her mother.

'Maybe around nine in the morning sweetheart. Why?'

'Oh okay, my brother will be there along with my whole security team just in case something comes up.' I say still a bit worried about the situation.