Chapter 70

Shannon's P.O.V.
I've been in a foul mood all day so I try to distance myself from others just to prevent me from having a go on them. So I really haven't talk to Mark or anyone yet. I feel
invisible but that's just the way I wanted and I still get to do work so I'm good.

I know, the public might be wondering who was that in the picture from last night. Am I that too unrecognizable for the twins to not figure out that was me. What they said earlier got stuck to my head and it kept screaming at me over and over again. I know its not their fault and they didn't knew that it was me but the fact that they said that in plain sight just makes me wonder what other people might think of me as well and that got me so pissed.

Elizabeth and the twins kept texting me and calling me and I ignored every single one of them.I know that's a bit rude but I really just want to be alone for the day. I don't feel like pretending that I'm fine because clearly I'm not and I really am tired.

So now, I'm distracting myself with work at the office trying to finish all my due sequences because we don't go to work on the weekends so I really need to finish this and also check with Kevin on his work later on. I don't want this scenes to look rushed though, it would be a bad scene if it is and it would not make it to the final cut.

"Hi" A familiar voice made my head rise up from my pad and look towards the door. Why is she here?

"I brought some lunch for you since you haven't had anything earlier." Elizabeth smiles as she walks up to me placing the bag on the table and sat on my lap giving me a big hug. And somehow, that made me feel relaxed so I closed my eyes and just let myself melt in her arms.

"Are you okay?" She whispers in my ear so I hum in response getting lost in her arms. This is a reset button. She then pulls away giving me a kiss on the cheek so I opened my eyes to see her staring at me with worried eyes. "I've been trying to call you"

"Yea, just busy." I say and look away turning my attention to the bag she just brought in even though I can still feel her eyes on me.

"So what do we have here?"

"Here let me." She says taking the lunch box out of the bag as I sat back on my office chair. When she opened the it I already figured put what it is just by the smell and Oh I missed that.

"Its my pasta"

"Yea, it is." She giggles making me smile. She then took a fork from the bag and got some before feeding it to me. Oh that is heaven. Never fails.

"You like that?" I hum in response and gave her a nod resting my head on her shoulder earning a kiss on top of my head.

"Uh- honey. The twins said they are sorry-"

"Yea, its fine. I just don't want to talk about it right now."

"Okay then." I sighed as she feeds me another bite again. I really don't want to spoil this moment and have another switch. "Oh, I have a thing tomorrow though"

"What thing?" I sat back to my seat and looked at her. She's quite unsure of it, now that I've given her my full attention which makes me confused.

"Uh, Do you remember what I told you when we were at the pool back in the house?" She smiles and my brows furrowed in thought as I try to remember but then I realized I couldn't remember that moment. Its in my head but its all a blur.

"Honey" I looked up to her with raised brows.

"I'm sorry, what is it?" For a second, a flash of hurt was plastered on her face and it felt heavy on my chest. So I try to think of an explanation because obviously, that moment was important to her.