The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

He's Back

582 22 2
By justgeeking

I groaned as my back hit hard dirt. I opened my eyes. This wasn't the beginning of the maze. I checked around me. This was a graveyard.

"Bridget? Are you okay?" Cedric asked, helping me up.

"I'm..fine. This isn't the beginning," I told Harry and Cedric. "This...this is...a graveyard."

We looked around. I stayed close to Harry. I knew what was going to happen wasn't going to be good.

"I think I've been here before," Harry stopped in front of a grave. The name: Riddle. Seemed familiar. In front of it was a big cauldron. I glanced around, making my way slowly to Cedric.

"It's a portkey," Cedric seemed stunned.

"I figured it would've been," I nodded. "But I didn't think it would've taken us here."

"I've been here before, guys," Harry repeated himself, but this time he seemed more worried. "You remember my dream, Bridget?"

"This is the place?"

"One of them," he nodded. I walked over to him. He was staring at a name. I knew the name was familiar; Tom Riddle. Aka: Voldemort.

"We need to get back to the cup," I said aloud.

"What? Why?" Cedric asked.

Right after he asked, a door opened from inside a caretaker house. Out stepped Peter Petigrew, the same rat I had been looking for since the end of third year. And he was holding something, or something.

Harry began to wince and cry out in pain. "Harry?!" I grabbed his arm and tried to pulled him away. Cedric pulled out his wand, aiming it towards Peter. "Harry? What happened? Is it your scar?!"

A fire appeared under the cauldron, and I knew it couldn't be good.

"Who are you?" Cedric was ready.

"Cedric, stop!" I put my hand out.

"Kill the useless boy," a low, raspy voice called out from Peter's arms.

"Avada kadavra," Peter aimed for Cedric. I was too late. Cedric fell. I fell with him.

"Cedric?! Cedric?!" I couldn't believe what had just happened. Cedric died right in front of me. It made me so sick. My eyes welled with tears, and before I knew it, they were coming down my face.

"Forget the girl. We'll deal with her later."

I had forgotten where I was for a moment until I heard that voice.

"Bridget! Get back to the portkey! Tell Dumbledore!" Harry instructed. But my body couldn't move. I was paralyzed.

I watched as my best friend was forced onto a grave. He was stuck there.

"How's your chance! Do it!" The little voice seemed terrifying. While Peter got away from Harry, I got up.

"Harry," I grabbed his hand. "It's going to be okay. Just hold on." I yanked and pulled on grave. Nothing happened.

"Bones from the father, which are unknowingly given," Peter levitated a bone from the grave into the pot which he dumped the baby into.

"Just hold on Harry," I struggled with the grave before I found it was useless to move.

I heard a wincing pain behind me. Peter had cut off his own hand. I felt sick to my stomach even more. "It's okay Harry. Just look at me." I looked up to him.

"Blood from the enemy, forcefully taken," Peter pushed me out of the way. I fell on my knees. But I got up quick once I heard Harry in pain.

I pushed Wormtail, "No!"

I felt a sharp pain in my cheek. I let out a yelp. I reached up to my cheek; there was a decent size cut, probably from his knife.

"Hide," I heard Harry whisper.

"What?"

"Hide! So he won't see you!" Harry had tears in his eyes. "Please. I can't lose my best friend."

I nodded, "If it makes you happy, I'll hide." I ran behind the grave. I sat there in the grass. Listening to everything that as going on. There was so much screaming. The air was so tense.

And tears were flushing down my face. I wasn't crying because of the physical pain. I was crying because of Cedric. I could've stopped it. I was crying because of Harry. I could've stopped it. I could've helped. I can help but instead I'm hiding like a coward. But that's what he told me to do.

Everything went deadly silent for a moment. All I could hear were the footsteps of Voldemort and the wincing of Harry.

"Give me my wand, Wormtail," I heard him speak. I guess he did or else I'm sure he would've been dead. Soon the atmosphere changed. Thunder could be heard from the distance. The sky turned shades of dark green and grey. A dark mark appeared in the sky. Death Eaters began to make their mark; showing up to see you know who.

"Hello, my dear friends," Voldemort began to speak. "It's been 13 years since you stood before me, and yet you do it again years later. But I'm still disappointed. Not a single one of you tried to find and help me." He began to list off a few names, "Crabbe, Goyle..." those names I knew. "Not even you, Lucius Malfoy."

I held my breath. If Draco and I ever get found out by him, I'm as good as dead.

"I don't want your excuses," Voldemort interrupted.

"I came back," Wormtail spoke up.

"You came back out of fear...not loyalty," the snake proclaimed.

If you want people to be loyal to you and not fear you, don't threaten to kill their family, friends, then them and maybe they might like you. I don't know, it's just my opinion I guess.

I watched silently as Voldemort glided over to Cedric, "What a handsome young lad. Shame." Part of me wanted to jump up. Part of me wanted to strangle him. But I didn't.

"Don't you dare touch him!" I heard Harry yell.

Goddammit Harry!

"Ah, Harry Potter. I had nearly forgotten you were here," he took long strides towards him. Don't do it, Bridge. Don't do it. "I would introduce you to everyone, but I've heard you're just as famous as me," Voldemort gave a chuckle before proceeding. "The boy who lived. So many lies are built up around your legend. Should I tell them what really happened?"

Things were silent.

"Love. That's how all my powers just...vanished. When Lily Potter died to save her only child, a son, she gave him the ultimate shield. I was unable to touch him afterwards. It was real old magic; something I really should've seen coming. But things have changed now. And I can touch you now!"

I heard Harry cry out in pain and I couldn't handle it anymore. I stood up and whipped around the corner. "Immobulus!" I shouted at Wormtail. He froze. I turned to Voldemort, "Stupefy!" He blocked it. He saw it coming.

He smirked, "That was a good try. Round of applause for courage."

"Bridget," Harry caught my attention. "I told you to hide."

"I can't just hide anymore," I was filled with anger and sadness. "I'm not scared of you."

"Oh little girl," he meant down a little bit, "do you know who I am?"

I looked him up and down, "A naked snake."

I heard gasps from his fellow followers. One spoke up, "How dare you speak to the dark lord like that!"

"Quiet," The snake hissed.

"Listen," I looked him dead in the eyes, "Voldemort. I'm not scared of you. I'm not scared of your friends. And I'm definitely not scared of dying. Now leave Harry alone!"

"Oh, well since you're not scared of me, let's have a little fight," he smirked. Within seconds he waved his wand and I stood up and bowed. "That's it. You've got it."

I still had my wand in my hand, so I tried to break his hold on me by moving my wrist. I aimed my wand, "Stupefy," I was able to make out.

He noticed just in time and dodged it. But he lost his grip on me. I fell to the ground, catching my breath. "It's not nice to not play fair."

I felt a shooting pain come from all around me. Like someone was stabbing me with thousands of knives. I cried out in pain, but I didn't fall over.

I tried to control my breathing.

"It's funny, how much a person can endure until they just can't anymore. Crucio!"

"Argh!" I let out another yell. It hurt so bad! But I wasn't going to let him see me cry. I toppled over onto my side. I felt something come into my stomach. It was hard and knocked the wind right outta me.

"You're just as durable as your grandparents," he spat at me.

I tried to get up, but he kicked me back down.

"Since you aren't afraid of death, let's mess around, huh?" He chuckled.

"Please, leave her alone!" I heard Harry cry out.

"Make it even more painful, so Harry can suffer too," I heard Voldemort say. I looked up. The Death Eaters were surrounding me. One by one they put the cruciatus curse on me. It hurt like a son of a bitch.  But I refused to back down. I was not going to let him see any side of me unless it was a badass.

It was fine, until the very last one. I don't know who it had been, but it was awful! "God!" I screeched. The knives were everywhere and twice as much. I hit the ground hard. As many times as I could.

"Stop! Please! Stop!" I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Are you done?" Voldemort grabbed my hair and lifted my face up to his.

"Fuck you, cunt."

He threw my head down. I bounced off the ground and I was sprawled on my back. I swore the world was spinning for a second.

I watched as they all gathered around me. In unison, they put the cruciatus curse on me. I screamed and shouted. The pain was too much for me to bear. It was like when your insides are getting ripped out then sewn back in. It felt like someone set me on fire.

After a minute or so, they stopped. They let me go.

"Now, get up." I laid there for a second. "Get up!" I did as he told me. Everything hurt. I could barely stand up, let alone walk.

"Imperio," Voldemort laughed, "not go over by the corpse. You're next." He threw me over. I landed right next to him. I turned and saw his face. Within seconds, I had tears rolling down my face. "I'm sorry Harry," I whispered to myself.

The next couple minutes, I didn't know what was going on. I heard shouting. I saw flash. Next thing I knew Harry was over me and Cedric, "Hold in there Bridge. Accio portkey!"

"I'm sorry, Harry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 2.6K 56
A little 11 year old girl was extremely shy and didn't fit in. When the Sorting Hat tried to place her, it didn't know which House to put her in. Now...
3.3M 87.2K 100
In which (Y/n) Weasley, the twin sister of Ron Weasley, falls for her family's enemy. (draco malfoy x weasley!reader) you will be described as havi...
432K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...
184K 4.3K 40
COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Magic, something she aspired to since scho...