The Protector

Von justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... Mehr

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

Dance Lessons

651 25 12
Von justgeeking

I watched from the wall as Harry was picked up by the Weasley twins. He had the biggest smile on his face. That made me have one too. It was nice to see him happy and loved by other people besides myself.

All the Gryffindors were cheering even hours after Harry had caught the egg. Everyone had been able to touch the egg.

A second year Gryffindor came up to me, "Hey, Bridget."

"Whats up kiddo?" I asked.

"Why aren't you up there with him? Aren't you guys a package deal?" She asked me.

"Yes," I chuckled, "but I have to let him have his fame and fortune so I'm able to knock him down to earth. We have to balance each other out."

"That makes sense," she nodded.

"Say, whats your name?" I asked.

She looked at me with wide eyes, as if she would've never thought I would ask her that, "Um...Melody. Melody Banter."

"Nice to meet-"

A loud squeal and shrieking caused all of us to shrill up and shrink. I groaned and covered my ears. Somehow it stopped. I looked up over the hunches people. Harry was holding the egg, carrying a disturbed face. I was about to say something when another voice came through clear as day.

"What the bloody hell did that?!" Ron was standing in the frame leading up to the dormitories. Everyone went silent.

"Sorry, but I gotta go Melody. See ya," I nodded towards her. I walked over to Harry as did Ron.

Fred has said something to make everyone walk away. It was just Harry, Ron, and I. Hermione was no place to be seen.

"Hey," Ron seemed a bit cowardly. "I reckoned that you would've been off your rocker to put in your own name into the goblet of fire."

"Glad you can tell," I smiled.

"Took ya long enough," Harry had a straight face. Rolling my eyes, I nudged him in the side. He winced and looked to me, "What? It's true."

"I wasn't the only one who thought so," Ron pipped up. "Everyone was talking about it."

"Wonderful. That just makes me feel great," Harry looked around.

"I'm not too surprised," I shook my head.

"Hey, Bridget," someone had called out from behind. I turned to look as the boys began to walk away from me. A group of Year twos and ones came and crowded around me.

"Yes?"

"Can we ask you some questions?"

"Is this Melody's doing?" I asked.

"Well, we've all took it upon ourselves to name you Mother of Gryffindor house," a small voice perked up from the back.

"What?" I laughed.

"You are the Mother of the Gryffindors, if that's okay?" Melody smiled, and stood next to her friends.

"I mean, whatever you guys want. But I just- you know what? Never mind. I'm your mother now." I smiled.

They all squealed and giggled as they ran to another side of the common room. Children are weird.

•••

It was now lunch/study hall for us students. Everyone was enjoying their food and working on homework, as well as chatting with their friends. That was exactly what we were doing.

The twins walked passed, "Hey Harry."

I smiled, and nodded. I watched as Harry drink his pumpkin juice and looked over to the Ravenclaw table. Cho looked at us and smiled. I saw Harry try to smile, and instead made a fool of himself. His juice rolled down out of his mouth and down his chin onto his shirt.

He looked back to us and I laughed, "You have it bad."

"No, I don't."

"Oh my god! Won't you look at this! She's done it again!" I looked to my right at the frustrated and angered Hermione.

"She played with your heart?" I asked.

She gave me that look.

"Okay, Sorry. I was kidding. But can you really not believe she's done it again?" I asked her.

Hermione looked down the paper and began to read it aloud, "Ms. Hermione Granger, a playful and ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards."

I looked to the boys. Ron trying to hold back a laugh, and Harry who just didn't seem interested. Probably because he's heard me ramble a hundred times.

"Her latest pray, as the sources have reported, is the Bulgarian seeker Victor Krum. No word yet if Harry will move on quick to Bridget Meadows or not."

"Hermione," I looked at her. "This isn't something to stress about. This hasn't just happened to you. Besides you have bigger things to worry about. Like exams and classes. And the ball."

"Yeah, I guess so. She just makes me wanna-"

"I know. Trust me. I know," I stopped her while I could.

I saw Nigel walk up to Ronald holding a wrapped box, "This is for you, Mr. Weasley."

Ron took the box, "Thank you, Nigel." The boy stood there and kept smiling at Harry, as if expecting something.

I coughed getting Ron's attention. I gestured to the kid. He looked and waved him away, "Later. I'll get it for you later." The kid sighed, and walked away.

Ronald went back to opening his box. Hermione and I looked to him. "What are you supposed to be giving him?" I asked.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," he answered.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Oh Ronald."

He opened the box. He stood up and opened it up to himself. "Mum sent me...a dress...," he seemed so sad. But it was so funny.

"Did it come with a bonnet?" Harry asked. He looked inside and it sure did. He pulled it out, "Aha. Yes it does."

"Oh, put it down Harry," Ron whined. But Harry did put it back in the box.

He walked over to Ginny, "Hey, Ginny, I think it's for you."

"I'm definitely not wearing that," she laughed. "It's atrocious."

Hermione began to laugh. Ron turned to her, "What? What's so funny?"

"Those are dress robes. They aren't for Ginny. They're for you," Hermione told him.

The entire Gryffindor table erupted in laughter. "Dress robes for what?!" Ron asked.

•••

"The Yule Ball," Professor McGonagall was trying to explain through the static noise of Filch trying to put a record on the record spinner, "has been a tradition in the Triwizard Tournament since it has begun.

"The night of Christmas Eve, we and our guests would gather in the Great Hall for a night of song and dance. As a host of this event, I am expecting each and every one of you to put your best feet forward. I mean that literally and metaphorically, because the Yule Ball is a dance."

Everyone began to chat. The guys all groaned and complained while the girls all giggled and chatted with their friends.

"You excited, Bridge?" Hermione asked with a smile on her face.

"Oh yeah. You?"

"Most definitely."

"Silence!" McGonagall yelled. It went silent. "The Godric Gryffindor House has authorized the respect of the Wizarding World for nearly a thousands years. I will not have you ruin it by acting like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

I scanned the room. The only thing I caught were the Weasley twins being baboons.

"In every girl, a lovely bird is longing to break free and take to the sky," McGonagall looked to us ladies.

Ron caught my eye, saying some remark to Seamus.

McGonagall must've noticed because she turned to the guys, "In every boy, a masterful lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley, come with me," she gestured to the dance floor.

They walked into the middle of the floor, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Now place your right hand on my waist," she told him.

"Where?" He asked in astonishment.

"On my waist," she replied.

He did and one of the guys whistled. Probably one of his brothers.

"Mr. Filch. If you would, please."

He put the needle on the record, and it began to play. McGonagall began to count off the number to get them on pace with the music.

"Everybody now. Boys, stand," McGonagall ordered.

The girls were already up, but the boys were groaning and moaning. Until Neville stood up. Then one by one they all did.

Harry came over to me, "My lady?" He held out his hand.

"Why thank you young sir," I took it and giggled. Then we began to dance with the others.

•••

I was headed to class. Slowly but surely it was getting closer to the Yule Ball and Draco hadn't even mentioned it. I was starting to get worried that he wouldn't go.

I saw someone out of the corner of my eye as I rounded the corner. Harry was walking towards me from the courtyard. I stopped walking.

He grabbed me by the hand and began to walk into the courtyard. "Harry? Where are we going? I have class soon," I told him as I was trying to keep up. All he did was mutter to himself.

We stopped in front of the clock tower. I looked around, and watched as Harry walked-scratch that-jogged back inside.

I looked around and didn't see anyone or anything. "Hello? Why am I out here?"

Soon enough, I heard the sound of hooves clip-clopping on stone. I turned towards the bridge and courtyard. No he didn't.

There I saw a white...unicorn? And on it my platinum blonde boyfriend. Only he was wearing a costume. It looked like a prince's and his crown was simple. He got closer, and as he did petals, probably rose, began to fall from the sky. I looked up. They were coming from the Astronomy tower.

I laughed, "Wow. You sure did put do yourself."

"Ah my fair maiden! Wonderful princess of the Gryffindor family! Come with thee! I shall show you wonders of the sky and sea! But only if you go to the Yule Ball with me," he smirked.

"I would love to, great Slytherin Prince," I bowed.

He jumped off his steed, "Then we must be off." He picked me up by my waist and set me on his horse. He climbed up.

"Where are we going? I have class," I told him.

He bent down and opened up his satchel which I hadn't noticed till now. He pulled out a silver tiara. He turned to me and placed it on my head, "That's exactly where we're going."

I could tell my face was getting warm and red. I could feel it.

"Now we're off," he clicked and the horse began to walk.

"So how'd you get this unicorn in the first place?" I asked.

"You'd be surprised how forgiving Hagrid is, or it's the fact that he loves you as one of his own," he smiled.

Note to self: thank Hagrid later.

The hallway began to get crowded with our peers and others. They all watched us: some in astonishment, some I'm jealousy, others in complete confusion.

A young group of first and second years saw me and began to scream. "Oh my god! Hi Mom! We love you! Have fun!" I could tell the voice from any of them.

"Hey Melody! Hello kids!" I yelled and waved, which caused them to scream more.

"Mom?" Draco asked.

"It's a young student thing. They've all claimed me as their mother. Don't know how that happened, but oh well."

We stopped in front of my class. All the students were crowding at the door. I got off, "See ya around, my prince."

"Farewell, my princess," he smiled and galloped off. I watched as he rode away, and ignored the entire classes questions. All I had on my mind was him. My prince.

———
Authors Note: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating as fast as I should. But hey, it's part 69 😉. Love you guys! ❤️

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

442 39 10
MAJORITY OF THE CHARACTERS AND PLACES ARE CREATED BY J.K.ROWLING. This is just me thinking of it as the perspective of my own character. Hufflepuff C...
92 14 7
Harry and Dalia Potter have been almost inseparable since birth. That all begins to change as they discover one is the chosen one meant to save the w...
49.4K 829 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
282K 6.1K 50
[COMPLETED] A love for your best friend leads to a complicated relationship between Fred Weasley and Elizabeth Baker. Follow their journey through th...