The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

The First Task

642 21 4
By justgeeking

Question of the Update: Do you guys like Broadway musicals, and if so which one's your favorite?

My Answer: Yes, and I don't have a favorite. I love so many.

---

I could hear the people screaming from outside of the tent. It was about time for the first task and my stomach was churning. I couldn't tell whether it was the fact that I was going to be out in front of people, or I was going up against a dragon. Either way, I had so much anxiety.

The others seemed the same too. They kept fiddling with something or pacing around. Dumbledore began talking to the crowd saying as it was about to begin. Harry went over to the edge of the tent. My instinct was to follow, but I decided against it for reasons unknown.

Only few seconds pass and Hermione jumps from behind the fabric. She came out at the wrong moment though. A flash of light illuminated the tent. Rita Skeeter came through the other side of the tent with her camera man. I began to walk towards Hermione and Harry, cause I had seen this coming.

"Oh young love," she giggled. "I think that you two are going to make the front page, unless things get more...interesting."

"I'm sorry," I blocked her view of the two, "but we have not given you permission to be back here."

"You wouldn't say...you're jealous...right, Ms. Meadows."

"Of course not," I rolled my eyes. "They're both my best friends."

"Doesn't seem like it," she looked to her pad. I glared at her, partially hoping lasers would come out of my eyes. 

"This stand is for the champions and for friends only. You don't have any business being back here," Krum said (what might have been) his first words in front of me.

She gave a swift look to him then to the rest of us, "We got what we had wanted anyways. Good luck...champions." And she left with her crew.

Dumbledore popped up from behind Harry and Hermione, "Good morning, my young champions! Hither." We gathered around Dumbledore as if he were telling an old wise tale. "The time has come. You have no need to wonder anymore. The time that the will choose how the other tasks shall go. A-" he looked down to Hermione, whom he was hugging close to his side. "What are you doing in the tent, Ms. Granger?"

She looked to me, "I was wishing them good luck...I...I'll just...go." She whipped around and headed out to the crowd.

"Alright. Barty, the bag if you would," Albus stepped out of the way.

Barty Crouch rearranged the champions, and I continued to awkwardly stand there on the outside. I gave Harry a simply little smile when he looked at me. After they were settled, Albus gestured me towards them as well. I stood next to him. Barty turned to Fleur first, opening the velvet pouch. She reached into it. I saw her wince as she flung a miniature, lime green dragon into her palm.

"Ah, the Welsh Green," Barty nodded and headed towards the next person: Victor Krum. He didn't show any emotion as he pulled out a dragon that had matched it's name, "The Chinese Fireball," Barty taunted.

He them opened the bag towards Cedric. Cedric pulled out a light blur little dragon. "The Swedish Short-snout," Barty smiled. It was finally Harry's turn. Which means he get's...

"The Horntail," Harry muttered to himself as he gazed to into the bag. I nudged him.

"What was that, kid?" Barty leant his ear slightly, trying to listen more clear. Harry shook his head and pulled  out the miniature spiked demon.

"These little guys represent the four real dragons you will have to fight. Each of them have been given a golden egg to keep safe. You're objective: get the egg. The egg provides a clue which you need to continue to the next task. Questions?" It was silent.

"Alright," Dumbledore stepped forward replacing Crouch. "Good luck champions! Mr. Diggory, you are first. The sound of the cannon-" and the cannon went off. Dumbledore shrugged and pointed towards the entrance.

We all gathered around the entrance and watched as Cedric went into the arena. People were chanting his name, but he didn't seem so confident.

Then a thought occurred to me, Oh god! I have their lives on my shoulders!

***

Things went by rather smoothly. One by one going in with sheer dread on their faces, and coming out covered in smoke/soot holding a golden egg. Fleur was the only one who had a little trouble. I didn't need to go in though. I would have hyped up Harry, but I had to watch them so I knew when I had to go in. God, did it make my anxiety skyrocket.

"Almost all of our champions have defeated their dragons," Dumbledore's voice boomed through the arena as they set up the last dragon. "Which means they can continue onto the next task. Now it is time for our final contestant." The cannon blew. I glanced over my shoulder, "Good luck, Harry."

He gave me a little smile before heading in. I could hear people chanting to him which made me smile. Things then got quiet. I wiped the smile off my face, Why did it get so quiet?

My eyes caught Harry. He was about to walk out towards the egg. I jumped; a crush echoed through the arena. The tail slammed right next to Harry. The momentum made Harry jump and fall backwards into a pile of rocks. The dragon snarled. I closed my eyes and did a silent prayer. Let Harry be safe. Let Harry be safe.

I opened to eyes to see Harry almost get smashed by the horned tail. Once I saw that he was still alive, I let a breath escape from me. I watched as if threw him against the rocks nearby. Oh boy, did part of me want to go and burn the demon. But, sadly, I had to stay hidden until the horn rang through ( it was my signal to get the fuck out there).

"Accio Firebolt," I heard Harry exclaim over the sound of people shouting. Only seconds later, I watched a broom flying into the arena. Harry's Firebolt swerved and missed every flame of fire that was sent it's way. I sighed in relief...until the Horntail tried to go after Harry and broke its chain.

I ran up the stairs leading towards the tent. I grabbed my Firebolt next to the door, and headed back towards the entrance which I was placed at. This can only go downhill from here.

Harry did his best to escape by flying out of the arena. The dragon followed, tearing up the professors seating. I hopped on my broom before the horn could sound and zipped after them.

I pulled out my wand as I got closer to the dragons tail. "Stupefy," I yelled. A flash of red hit the dragon. He only flinched. He turned his head towards me, but kept flying straight. He let out fire, but I was too speedy. I got underneath of him before it could hit.

We kept going. I heard Harry nearly scream. He almost hit a tower on Hogwarts, but turned right. The dragon went left. I went up. I got up top and looked around. HarryHarryHarryHarryHarryHarryTHERE!

I saw that Harry was going towards a tower to turn around. And he didn't know the Horntail was around the corner, planning to sneak up on him.

"Harry!" I yelled, and zoomed towards him. He looked back at me and tried to turn. The dragon came up behind him. "Behind you!"

He turned at the moment the Horntail hit him with his tail. His broom fell onto a roof near him. I watched as he landed on his back on the roof of a tower. He slid down but caught himself on a ledge of a window. I bolted after him, barely paying attention to the dragon.

I heard the dragon roar as I got closer to Harry, "Here. Hop on," I told him.

He was about to say something when the dragon began to slide down towards us, tearing the shingles off the tower. The pointed thing which Harry was hanging onto, and he fell.

"Harry!" I screamed. I watched as he caught himself on the next window. Luckily his broom was on it. I sighed, "I got the dragon if you can hold on and survive for a second longer! Okay?"

He just grunted and nodded.

I nodded and looked back to the winged demon. It snarled. It was slowly getting closer. "Stupefy!" I yelled, pointing my wand at its face. I heard the window sill crack and break in Harry's direction. The dragon wiped it's face, and nearly stumbled backwards off the tower. It crawled  towards us at a faster rate.

I looked behind my shoulder. Harry has almost gotten his broom. I pointed my wand again, guess I have to try a different approach, "Incendio!" I yelled. Fire erupted from my wand, causing the dragon to recoil from the flame.

"Come on Bridget! Let's go!" Harry's voice echoed from behind me.

I took back my wand and began to fly next to Harry away from the beast. We twisted and turned through Hogwarts. We were trying to fly back to the arena. We came to the valley, and I conjures up an idea.

"Harry, follow me!" He did so. I zipped up to the concrete bridge. "We have to go through at the same time, or else the Horntail won't!" I yelled to him. I stopped and waited for him to be next to me. He did as we went through the tunnel shaped windows of the bridge. It can't possibly fit through there.

We were doing wonderfully, until Harry lost control of his broom and hit the tunnel in a zigzag pattern. I heard the dragon stumbling on the bridge as we exited. We came out. Both Harry and the Dragon began to fall to the ground. "Bridget!"

"Harry!" I swooped down and caught him as well as his broom. I sighed.

We headed back up to land. I dropped him off on the edge, "Now, go show them what you can do."

He laughed, "Thanks Bridge." I nodded, and watched as he took off. I looked down to the ravine. The dragon was slain, and the prince has won this event. I smiled to myself as I heard the many people shouting and cheering. He made it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 6.1K 50
[COMPLETED] A love for your best friend leads to a complicated relationship between Fred Weasley and Elizabeth Baker. Follow their journey through th...
1.4K 78 19
in which Gemma Hilton returns to Hogwarts to find out there is more happening in the castle walls than she thought. or. in which a girl is in ano...
377 29 13
In which a half human-half witch is forced into Hogwarts School of Wizardry against her will, only to be thrown into the world of campus bad boy-Drac...
432K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...