The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

Good-bye Buckbeak

751 25 2
By justgeeking

I ran up the stairs and into the empty divination room. I had gone to bed a little later than usual and slept in. I sat down and went back three hours. Luckily, I made it just in time as Trelawny was explaining something.  

"Broaden your minds," she explained as I put away my necklace. I looked around the class room, and on every table there was a glass ball that was filled with a smoke substance. Ron seemed to be passed out, which made my day get slightly better. 

"Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked. 

Trelawny looked to her, and opened her arms to the crystal ball. I bet Hermione's going to make a joke out of it. 

Without even looking at the ball, Hermione goes, "The Grim? Maybe?" 

I stifled in a laugh, "At least you tried?"  

Trelawny looked to her, "Ever since you had stepped foot into my class I sensed you did not have the proper soul for divination." The professor grabbed her hand, "Ah, see. You may seem young in years, but your heart is like a old maid. Shriveled up. Cold and dry like the pages in the books that you desperately cling to." 

Dang! Just sent the truth right to Hermione, didn't you? Ouch, I tried to hold in a laugh for as long as humanly possible. I could tell Hermione was furious. 

Hermione got up, ripped her hand from Trelawny's grasp, and knocked over the crystal ball. Everyone whispered as she walked out of the classroom. "Have I said something?" Trelawny asked. 

"Let me go get her," I smiled. I grabbed my books and ran out of the classroom. 

I saw Hermione quickly walking down the stairs, "'Mione! Wait!" 

She stopped for a second so I could catch up, "Are you okay?" 

"I try and be kind. I try to use my heart and to stop going by books. My heart doesn't mean to be like that!" She ranted as we made our way down the stairs. 

"Your heart isn't. Your heart is normal, you're just more tense. I think you should laugh a little bit more and not be so stiff. Worry about your grades but don't get so caught up in them to where you can't have a good time every once and a while. School was just meant to teach you, not rip away your spirit." 

She sighed, "Okay. I have to go to the bathroom too, so it all worked out."

+++

The sound of sharpening a knife made my blood run cold. We walked out of the castle together on our way to Hagrid's to go see Buckbeak for the last time. The executer smiled at us as we walked by. I nodded and walked faster. I walked side-by-side with Hermione as we led the guys. 

"I cannot believe that they are going to kill Buckbeak," she spoke as we entered the small bridge. 

"It's terrible," I took a deep breath as we came out on the other end. I saw someone up ahead with their friends. 

"And it's going to get worse," I heard Ron say as we stepped out of the bridge. 

Hermione went stomping in towards them. I tried to stop her-oh who am I kidding? I didn't even attempt to tell her no. 

"Ah, come to enjoy the show too?" Parkinson did a maniacal laugh. Draco smirked behind her, and Goyle and their other guy stood there smirking as well. 

"You!" Hermione went right up to Draco. "You loathsome cockroach!" she held her wand to his neck. 

"Get off my Drakey!" Pugface pointed her wand at Hermione's face. 

That was my last button, Parkinson, I thought. I punched her right in her ugly face. If it helps, it looked less ugly after. 

She stumbled backwards, holding her left eye, "You bitch!" 

I smirked, "Don't ever point your pathetic wand at one of my friends again."

"Guys, stop," I heard Ron tell us. "They aren't worth it." 

"Yeah, we need to go to Hagrid's," I nodded. 

Hermione huffed, and lowered her wand. I heard Draco sigh with relief, but he had taken a breath too soon. Hermione straight up, elbowed him in the face. I covered my mouth, as Draco head went backwards...into a rock. I was surprised that it didn't crack his head even a little. 

Hermione backed up and faced the boys. I walked back up to them as they all ran back to the castle. Before Draco went in, he called me over to him. I went over as Ron, Hermione and Harry talked. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Later tonight, could you meet me down at your willow tree?" he asked. 

"What time?" I asked. 

"About...9 o'clock?" 

"Sure," I smiled. "See ya then." 

He smiled and ran after his friends. I walked back over to my friends, "We ready to go?" 

They all nodded, "Yeah." 

I nodded and led the way. I ran down the ridged path. I looked over to Buckbeak as I ran past. He looked so content and happy. Why did they have to kill you Buckbeak? Why you? Out of all the creatures...

+++

"He loves the smell of the trees as the wind blows," Hagrid and Harry stood by the window as Hagrid watched Buckbeak. 

"Why don't we just set him free?" Harry asked. 

"Because they'd know it was him," I crossed my arms in the wooden chair. "If we were to take him, we'd need a better plan than that." 

"Yeah," Hagrid nodded. "Then Dumbledore would get into trouble. He's going to come down here. Dumbledore. He wants to be with me when they...when it happens. He's a great man." 

I nodded. Fang came up and sat his head on my lap. I pet his head as Hagrid left from the window. "We could stay to," Hermione perked up. 

"You will not," Hagrid shook his head. "You will not see something like that. You are going to sip your tea and be off."

I sighed and continued to pet Fang. I could never really relate to dogs until I became one. 

"Oh, and before you leave," Hagrid went over and grabbed something from a pot. I heard little squeaking, and I snapped my head in the direction. Ron's rat! 

"Scabbers! Thank Merlin you're alive!" I watched as Ron took hold of his gross horse brush. 

"You need to keep a better eye on your pets Ron," Hagrid grinned. 

"I think you owe someone an apology," I hummed to Ron. 

"Whenever I see Crookshanks, I'll tell him," Ron nodded. 

"She means me!" Hermione argued. Within a few seconds, a vase filled with sand or something, broke. It made me jump out of my seat. 

"What was that?" Hagrid asked as Hermione went over and picked up this rock. 

"Who would be throwing pebbled through a window?" I asked. 

I heard Harry yelp in pain. I turned around and he was rubbing the back of his head. The wind rolled through the window. I could smell them. "They're coming." 

"What?" Harry looked out the window. He looked back to us, "Bridget's right. They're coming." 

Hagrid went over, "Yeah. It's nearly dark! If they see you four out here, then you'll be in trouble. Particularly you, Harry," Hagrid told us as he covered up this...animal. "Go," he rushed us out of his backdoor. I was the first one out. I swiftly ran behind the huge pumpkins he had in his backyard. Nobody would've been able to see us from the other side. 

They all came up and we watched the scene unfold. They started to talk about how Buckbeak was getting executed at sundown, which was only in a few minutes. I heard a twig snap behind us, and I spun around. A dark coat flew back into the forest before I could say anything. I looked to Hermione, who was trying to figure it out as well. 

"What, guys?" Harry asked. 

"I thought I had seen something..." I shook my head. 

"Same." 

"Let's just go," Ron told us. 

I nodded, and started to run up towards the path. I waited for the other to get on the path. As they were running back up, I looked desperately at Buckbeak. 'I'm sorry,' I mouthed. It squawked at me, and I ran up after my friends. I met them up at the top of the hill. The sky seemed to get grey with clouds as the four men came out of Hagrid's up.  

I watched the man raise his huge axe-thing. I took a big breath. I flinched and closed my eyes as the sound of slicing rang through the air. I heard the birds squawking as I rested my head on Harry's shoulder. I heard Hermione sniffling a bit, so I opened my eyes. Harry had his head on mine, while Hermione had her head on Ron's shoulder. Well, at least one thing came out good with this. 

Only a few seconds later, Ron yelped in pain and dropped Scabbers. I watched as he started to rub his fingers, "He...he bit me! Scabbers? Scabbers!" 

I watched as Ron ran after Scabbers, "Ron! Wait!" I ran after him as I saw him come out from the circle of rocks. I followed him, "Ron! Where are you going?!" I jumped up a few rocks, and found Ron falling to the ground for Scabbers. Then I noticed something else, "Ron," I spoke in a clam voice, "the Whomping Willow is right behind you." 

"Ron!" Harry called out. 

Ron looked up from the rat. His eyes went wide as he pointed, "Harry! Hermione! Bridget! Look out!" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 2.7K 30
𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓲𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓶. ~ 𝘌𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘥 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘨𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘔𝘢�...
132K 1.7K 33
A Draco Malfoy love story// For readers 16+ Smut, love, & a lot of messes. -Even when drowning seemed like the only option, I was able to find someo...
8.3K 220 23
Sage Le'Fay, Harry Potter's elusive uncle, searched tirelessly for his nephew, but fate kept them apart. Meanwhile, Harry remained unaware of Sage's...
92 14 7
Harry and Dalia Potter have been almost inseparable since birth. That all begins to change as they discover one is the chosen one meant to save the w...