The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

First Classes of Third Year

855 31 12
By justgeeking

I walked down the corridor heading to one of my first classes: Divination. I wasn't very excited for it, but I had to pass the time somehow...and it's a requirement.

I noticed a brown ponytail flicker around the corner. My guess was that someone was heading to Divination as well.

"Mrs. Meadows!" I heard my name being called.

I did a 180 on my heels. I smiled, "Professor McGonagall?"

She quickly walked towards me. She stopped in front of me, and held out her hands, "Take this and follow me."

She opened up her hand. There was a necklace; an hourglass hanging from its chain. I took it cautiously. She turned around and started to head down he corridor. I followed her, "Not to be rude, but I have to go to class, Professor."

"I will explain myself once we get there," she held her head high and walked slightly faster. I kept with her pace. Get where?

We came to a wall. A plain wall. But with the nod of McGonagall's head, part of the wall morphed into a normal door. What kind of a room is this?!

The professor went first. I followed after her. The room was was a decent size. There were cabinets on one wall, bookshelves covering the other, a couch, and table with chairs. Mcgonagall sat on one of the chairs. I sat across from her.

"Put that on," she demanded.

I did as she told, and fiddled with it as she continued, "That is a Time-turner. Spinning the side turners takes you back in time. Each spin takes you back an hour. You have one of the only ones left. Ms. Granger has one as well, with all the classes she'll be taking. You are going to need yours for our lessons."

I thought for a moment, Lessons? What les-Oohh.... "You mean becoming an animagus?"

"Yes. We will meet in here everyday. Tomorrow will be our first lesson so you can learn how to use the Time-turner. Make sure you bring your notes from last year as well," She nodded.

"Where exactly is this?" I asked.

"This is called the Room of Requirement. This room changes and morphs to whatever someone needs. As the name says," she answered.

"So," I thought, "let's say someone needed a movie theater, this would change?"

"Yes, that is correct. Don't think about it though."

Dang it, I sighed.

"Be careful when using that Time-turner. Do not let anyone see both you and the past you. Don't let past you see you. That could really mess up the future. But I have faith that you will use this wisely," she warned me.

"I won't let you down," I smiled.

"Now I need to get to my class. I will see you tomorrow morning, Ms. Meadows," she got up. She left, closing the door behind her.

"Okay," I told myself. "What time is it?" I took out my Gryffindor pocket watch. It was 8:26 AM. "I'll only need to go back an hour, that'll give me thirty minutes before class starts."

I got up and left the room behind. The door morphed back into a wall. I looked around. Nobody was around. I took hold of the turner. "It's now of never," I whispered as I turned the dial once. People started to quickly move past me, then it was empty again.

I pulled out my pocket watch: 7:26. Perfect. I ran over to the corner where I came from. I didn't see myself or McGonagall, so I walked down the corridor. I got to where I remember McGonagall calling my name.

I heard footsteps and someone talking to themselves, "I wonder how Hermione's going to get to all her classes." The voice was very familiar. I bolted towards the corner to the stairs of the Astronomy Tower.

I put my back to the wall and listened. I heard the footsteps stop for a second, then I heard more. I heard McGonagal call my name, so I took a breath.

That's what I saw, I thought to myself as I climbed the stairs to the room. I saw myself. I heard more students start to come out from the Great Hall and other places. I got up to the door, and made my way up to the classroom. Kids were already in the classroom and Professor Trelawney was talking a bit.

I sat down by Hermione, who was adjusting herself. She must've just got here also. She was sitting just behind Ron and Harry. I put my necklace into my shirt to where it was unnoticeable.

Trelawney was walking around to students and talking about their cups. Then she said, "You must look beyond!" Flailing her arms in the air.

"That's a load of rubbish," Hermione spoke up.

"I can agree she is a little off her knocker," I nodded.

"Where'd you two come from?" Ron asked.

"We've always been here this entire time," I spoke up. I put my book on my lap.

The boys turned their attention back to the teacher. I did as well. She walk around and got it Neville and Deans table. She asked Neville something and he responded. She looked into the cup Dean had and gave a cringe. Neville took the cup and looked inside.

I rolled my eyes, This is gonna be fun.

The Professor walked to our table humming, then stopped and looked to Ron, "You! Your oral is passing by! Are you in the beyond? I'm pretty sure you are!"

All of us jumped. Ron just gulped, "Sure."

"What's in the cup?" She asked.

Ron looked, "There's a cross thing, so that means suffering and trial. Then there's a sun, and that could mean happiness. So you will suffer but be happy about it."

I laughed to myself, Well, at least he tried.

"Hand me the cup please," Trelawney reached for the one Ron was holding.

He handed it to her and she looked. Gasping, she dropped the cup back on the table. She gave Harry this pity look, "M-M-My boy. You have...the Grim..."

Part of me wanted to go, dun dun dah! But instead I laughed to myself.

"What's the Grim?" I heard Seamus ask.

"The Grim resembles a black dog, which is a bad omen. It resembles...death," one of the other Gryffindors told us.

Death...how interesting...

•••

"Do you think the cup had something to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asked as we walked down the stone stairs. The clock rang out through outside pretty loud.

"All that's rubbish," I rolled my eyes.

"Ancient Ruins though," Hermione spoke up, "now that's an interesting subject."

"If you count interesting as falling asleep just thinking about it, then sure, very interesting," I smiled.

"Ancient Ruins? Hermione, how much are you in?" Ron asked.

"Quite a few, actually," Hermione answered.

"But wait, isn't Ancient Ruins the same time as Divination? To do that you'd have to be in two places at once," Ron questioned.

"Nobody can be at two places at once, Ron," I shook my head and laughed.

"Unless you can see the future!" Hermione mocked.

We all laughed. Once we got down to Hagrid's hut, I noticed there were a lot of kids. Hagrid gathered us all up, and headed into the forest. We followed him to this opening with a tiny stone wall. It was only six inches tall at most. Then it got bigger the farther it went out.

I stepped in along side Hermione and Hagrid started to speak, "Now, spread along the wall and open your books to page 47."

"How are we supposed to do that?" Draco asked.

"Stroke the spine," Hagrid and I said in unison. He smiled at me then went to go get out surprise. I walked along the wall. The rest of the students followed. I looked around and saw Neville open his book. Apparently, he didn't stroke it, because it attacked him.

"Oh, Neville," I groaned and set my stuff down. I ran over to him. He was lying on the ground, his uniform getting torn to shreads. I grabbed the book by its binding, and enclosed it, which took some effort. I closed it up and handed it back to the now standing Neville, "Stroke it next time, okay?"

I waked back over to the crew and picked up my book. I stroked it, and it opened up like a charm.

"I think they're funny," Hermione said, sarcastically.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh so funny," a familiar voice caught my attention. "Annoying witty," I turned to see Draco, rolling his eyes.

"This place has really gone to the dogs," Pansy cringed. "Just wait till our fathers hear that this brainless oaf is teaching."

I smiled, and started walking over to her, "When do you ever shut up?"

"Shove off, both of you," Harry spoke, and touched my shoulder.

"Ooo," Draco taunted. Why was he being this way? Is it because of Harry?

They both walked closer. Pansy stopped and looked up, "Oh Merlin! A dementor!"

We all spun around. Nothing. I turned to see their gang with their hoods up. They were mocking the dementors, "Oooo."

I laughed, "Man, I'm really wishing I could've taken a picture of that huge pug nose you had last year. Maybe I could do that again."

"Bridget," I felt Ron's hand on my shoulder, "Don't waste your breath with them."

"Yeah," Pansy said, "listen to the weaslbe."

I sighed, "I'm listening because I have better things than detention," I turned around. I saw Hagrid come up and clear his throat. My mouth gapped when he brought out his surprise.

"Everyone meet Buckbeak."

"That's...a Hippogriff!" I was astounded. "How'd you get this one?" I asked. Five galleons that it was a guy at pub.

"I have my ways," he smiled. "Now who wants to come up to him first?"

My hand shot up and I stepped foreword. Me! Me! Pick me!

"Alright, Bridget will go first. Then Harry. Then anyone else who wants to."

I looked back. Everyone had stepped back, except Harry. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. I rolled my eyes and got in front of the creatures eye view. I slowly walked up to him.

"Make sure to-" Hagrid tried to remind me, but I had read the book multiple times. "Bow," We said in unison.

I got up to about two feet away, and I bowed. I glanced up. The creature was bowing as well. I smiled and reached out my hand. I took a step and the Hippogriff nudged it's head under my hand. I pet it and got up closer.

"He really likes you, Bridge," Hagrid whispered. "Wanna ride it?"

"Yes!" I nearly shouted.

He was about to lift me up, when the creature laid down. He looked up to me, and almost purred. I sat down on the feathers, and swung my leg over. I patted his shoulder and he got up.

"Now, don't pull his feathers. He won't be too happy about that," Hagrid told me before slapping butt.

The creature started running, and my peers were gasping and hollering. The bird ascended into the air. Before I knew it, we were up in the air.

I sighed then started to laugh. I looked everywhere I could. The trees were slowly fading and the castle was coming into view. I put my arms up, "Woooh!" I screamed.

We flew around the castle and over to the lake. Buckbeak got so low to the ground, I was able to touch the water.

The view from the clouds was amazing! The colors were so beautiful and I got to see places I've never seen before. There was something different about riding a Hippogriff compared to a broom. I liked that difference.

We landed back with Hagrid and the students. Once we came to a full stop, I hopped off the creature. The students were silent as I joined them.

"Alright," Hagrid clapped his hands. "Harry your turn."

Harry slowly mimicked what I did. He walked up slowly, bowed, then approached Buckbeak. Hermione has gotten scared and I watched her grab onto Ron's arm. Almost touching his hand.

I giggled, and Hermione turned to glare at me. I wiggles my eyebrows. 'Shut up,' she mouthed and turned her attention back to Harry.

Buckbeak didn't lay down like he did with me, so Hagrid hoisted him up. He and Buckbeak went off how Buckbeak and I did. They got out of sight, and Hagrid explained to me what they had been talking about while I was gone. Most of which I already knew.

A few minutes later, he came back. The one thing that was different: everyone was clapping and cheering for him. I blinked, confused.

But I had done the same thing...why'd they cheer for him? I went over and leaned on part of the wall while everybody flicked towards Harry. They all asked him questions. Okay so I might be a little jealous, but come on. I have a good explanation.

I watched as Draco pushed through the crowd. He strutted towards the creature, "See. You're not dangerous at all. Are you?"

I ran towards, "Draco! Don't!"

The creature raised its front legs, and screeched. Draco froze, but I had gotten there just in time. Before he was touched, I pushed him onto the ground. I stood my ground. I thought Buckbeak was about to claw me, but he kept his feet up. He backed away, which is very hard to do.

Once he was far enough away from me, he put his feet down, and came over to me. I looked over to Malfoy. He was lying on the ground, holding the arm he fell on.

"It killed me! The bloody chicken killed me!"

"Actually," I pointed out, rubbing it's feathers, "I pushed you out of its way. So I hurt you. But you would've gotten hurt worse-"

"He need to be taken to the hospital!" Hermione called out to Hagrid.

"I got him! I'll take him," Hagrid told all of us as he picked him up bridal style.

Draco whined as he carried him away. I focused my attention on Buckbeak, and not on anyone else. I was not in the mood for anyone else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 6.1K 50
[COMPLETED] A love for your best friend leads to a complicated relationship between Fred Weasley and Elizabeth Baker. Follow their journey through th...
12 0 1
Alliseinna Malfoy was a perfect girl. She was smart, caring and rather pretty. Her family couldn't have asked for a better daughter. That was until...
442 39 10
MAJORITY OF THE CHARACTERS AND PLACES ARE CREATED BY J.K.ROWLING. This is just me thinking of it as the perspective of my own character. Hufflepuff C...
128K 2.1K 48
Hermione escaped from the Weasleys house because Ron got a girl pregnant and went into the muggle world for a fresh start, accidently being partners...