The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

Attacked On The Hogwarts Train

859 32 12
By justgeeking

My eyes opened to see a cat butthole in my face. I groaned and pushed Iris, "Get your rear end out of my face."

She meowed and rubbed her head on mine as a wake up call. I sat up, and flew the covers off of me. I got my feet on the ground. I stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror.

Wow, don't I look like a mess? I laughed to myself.

I took out my hair from its ponytail. I ran my fingers through it, and put it halfway up. "Today we go back to Hogwarts, Iris. Aren't you excited?!" I turned to her.

Focusing on her eyes, I heard her, Not really. You're just excited to go to see Drakey.

"I am not," I grabbed my books and set them on my bed. I opened up my trunk and set them in there. I closed my trunk, "Now let's go check on Harry."

Within seconds, I heard a thud along with rushes footsteps. I turned and grabbed Iris, "Let's hurry and get over there."

I opened my door, and turned to the next room over. I knocked on the door, "Harry?"

"Come on in Bridge, but be careful."

I opened the door and stepped in. Harry was on his bed, looking down at the ground. "Uh, what are you doing?" I asked.

My question was soon answered. A brown object came out from under his bed. It rushed towards me. I set down Iris, and quickly picked it up. It tried to bite me a couple of times, but I kept it's mouth shut as I stroked its binder.

"You're supposed to stroke it's binding before opening," I smiled at him, and closed the book. I threw it at him and he caught it.

"Thanks," he told me as he got out of bed. He set it on his bed and opened up his truck which was already lying on the floor. I called over Iris and picked her back up.

I leaned up against the wall, "Should we go see if they're here yet?"

He closed his trunk and stood up. He looked over at me, "Why not?"

We walked out of his room. I was about to walk in a hallway to head to the stairs when a small grey rat flew in front of me. A big, orange, fluff followed.

I laughed as I followed them. I could hear the bickering between the brunette and ginger. I walked over to the steps.

"I'll warn you now, 'Mione! Keep that bloody pig away from Scabbers or I'll make it into a tea cup!" His voice echoed pretty loud.

"He's a cat, Ronald. What did you expect? It's his nature."

Harry and I started to walk down the wooden stairs.

"A cat? They got it wrong. Looks more like a pig with hair."

"Well, you both need to be careful with your pets. I wouldn't want mine to be getting pregnant, Hermione. And I would hate for Iris' hairball to be your gross rodent," I spoke up.

Hermione turned and smiled. Ron looked up and smiled.

"Harry! Bridget!" Hermione seemed very happy to see me more than Harry. Just by a little bit though.

"Hey Bridge. Hey Harry," Ron told us.

I continued to descend down the stairs. I got down next to Hermione. Ron walked us over to one of the tables. I sat next to Hermione while Harry took a seat by Ron.

He pulled out a picture of the Weasley family, "Take a look at this."

"So how was Egypt anyways?" I asked.

"Brilliant! Lots of old tombs and stuff! I believe Scabbers even enjoyed himself."

"You know, the Egyptians used to worship cats," Hermione adjusted Crookshanks.

"And the dung beetle," Ron added.

I giggled a little bit along with Harry. Soon enough the twins came over and snatched the paper, "You aren't showin the clip around now are ya?"

"No, I haven't shown anyone," Ron said annoyingly.

"Oh no," one of the twins mocked.

"Not a soul," the other one continued.

Hermione got up. I watched as she went and talked to Ginny. I stood up, and so did Harry. Mrs. Weasley came over to Harry, "Oh good to see you Harry."

I figured she'd see me if I walked over. I walked over to to the other side and Harry was leaving with Mr. Weasley. Molly saw me and smile wide, "Oh Bridget!"

"Mrs. Weasley!" I smiled. She came over and gave me a hug, but she made sure not to hurt Iris. She smelled of cinnamon and vanilla. I smiled as she let me go.

"Now do you have your books?" She asked I nodded. "And your clothes?" I nodded once more. "Good girl," she patted my face.

She patted my back as she left. I saw Hermione and Ginny talking, so I went up to them. "Hello girls," I smiled.

"Hello Bridget," Ginny smiled and turned to me.

"So, you two excited for another year?" Hermione asked.

"Oh yeah!" I nodded and pet Iris.

"I'm excited," Ginny started to giggle.

"Alright children!" Arthur's voice echoed, "time to head out!"

——

"I didn't mean to do it," Harry explained as we tried to look for a seat. "She kind of just...blew up."

"That's brilliant," Ron started to laugh.

"It's not funny, Ronald," Hermione scowled. "He's lucky he didn't get expelled."

"More like lucky he didn't get arrested," I corrected.

We were about to keep walking when Hermione spoke up, "Can we just sit here? Everywhere else is full."

We all went in. Ron sat against the window across from a sleeping person. Hermione reluctantly sat next to him. I sat next to Harry, who was sitting next to the person.

"Who even is that?" Ron asked.

"Professor R. J. Lupin," Hermione answered.

"Why do you know everything?" Ron asked annoyed.

"Because I'm observant. It's on his suitcase."

"Wait, Professor? He must be our new Defense Against Dark Arts teacher," I told them.

"How do you know? Maybe he's for something else," Hermione told me.

"The teachers haven't changed since we got there, except DADA teachers. And after last year, I'm pretty sure Lockhart got fired," I answered.

"More like he forgot he had a job," Harry giggled.

"Ha! Good one!" Ron replied giving Harry a high-five.

After rubbing the bridge of my nose, I spoke, "Ill give you that."

"Do you think he's actually asleep?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. We could poke him to find out," I suggested.

"I'll do it," Ron raised his hand.

"No," Hermione shook her head. "Don't poke him. Let him rest if he's actually resting."

"Well, I hope he is," Harry got up and closed the compartment door, "cause I have to tell you something."

"Let me guess," I put my head in my hands, "Sirius Black broke out of Azkaban just to kill you."

"How'd you know?" Harry asked.

"Wait what?" Hermione asked.

"There's a rumor that's gone around for a while that Black is a huge supporter of Voldemort. So he's going to try and kill Harry to get him out of the way," I rolled my eyes.

"How'd you know this?" Harry asked.

"Fudge told me to protect you last night. That's why he wanted me to stay behind. He told me about this rumor, and I told him is he didn't have any facts and evidence, then I was going to bed. He told me my room number and I left."

"Wow, you really shut him down quick," Hermione seemed taken back.

"Yep. Harry knows how much I hate rumors. So this could all be fake," I leaned back in my seat.

"If it isn't though," Ron looked at us, "then what happens."

"Well they have to find him eventually," Hermione told him.

"True, but he's the first to break out of Azkaban. And he's a crazy, murderer," Ron soon came to the realization of how bad this could be.

"Guys," I blinked, "we've passed a three-headed dog, gone through vines that tried to kill us, keys that tried to kill us, a horrific chess game, and survived last year without being killed by a huge snake...I think we're fine."

"She's got a point," Harry nodded.

We all heard the train's brakes squeal. The train stopped, and I got up to see the commotion. Everyone was looking out of their compartments. The train jerked and I went back into my seat and the door shut.

"What was that?" Hermione asked.

"Maybe we broke down," I shrugged.

The lights flickered off then back on. I watched as Ron looked out the window. I couldn't see anything through the raindrops and I'm surprised he could even see.

"Something's moving out there," he started to whine.

"It's probably your imagination," I replied.

"Now I think something's getting on the train," Ron started to get frantic.

The train jerked right as he said that. "I don't think it's my imagination anymore, Bridge," He said.

All of a sudden, it got cold. Really cold. So cold you could see our breath and the windows iced up. So did the Professor's drink.

The jump of the car made me jump. "What the bloody hell was that?!" Ron started to get really frightened.

A dark figure came into my view. It was walking down the walkway in our car. It came to our compartment and opened the door. It was a hooded figure with no face. Only a hole. I remember reading about them before. That was a dementor.

Iris and Crookshanks both hisses at the black figure. Scabbers squealed and hid within Ron's jacket. The dementor stuck its head in. It was transfixed in either me or Harry.

Then it's started to do what it does: suck the soul. It didn't attack me though; it attacked Harry. I was a little taken back, but soon jumped in front of Harry.

I couldn't move my face. I felt really sleepy. Then this fog came over me. I heard a very loud, and angry voice yell out, "I hate you! I hate every part of you!"

Then I blacked out.

———

"Bridge? Bridget?" I heard Ron's voice talk along with Hermione's voice talking to someone else.

I opened my eyes a little. Ron was hovering over me, and Iris was lying by my chest. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat up. Harry was sitting up eating something, and both Hermione and Ron were kneeling on the floor.

"Here eat some of this?" The professor handed me a piece of what looked like a chocolate bar. "You can eat it. It's chocolate. It'll help, I promise."

I eat a corner of it. It tasted really good. Then it got me thinking, "Did a person come in here, before I passed out?"

They all shook their head, "No. Why?" Hermione asked.

I got a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, "N-No reason." I continued to eat chocolate and pet my cat as they talked.

"Harry woke up a little bit before you," Ron told me, as he sat next to me.

"Why'd you get in front of him, Bridget?" Hermione asked.

"Because I would rather get the kiss than have one of my friends get the kiss." I answered.

"How do you know so much?" Professor Lupin asked me.

"Books. I'm always interested in magical creatures. This one was definitely interesting," I nodded.

He nodded, "Well I should go talk to the driver. You both eat. It'll help." And with that he left the compartment.

"You asked earlier if someone came in; is it because you heard something too?" Harry asked.

"You heard something?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was like a scream. What about you?" Harry asked.

I shook my head, "I have to go to the bathroom," I got up with my chocolate, and walked out of the compartment. I rushed along the compartments. I looked out the windows, while the train car moved.

I felt something run into me...or I ran into them. I regained my balance, "I am so sorry."

"It's fine, Bridget."

The voice stunned me. It was deeper, a little more husky as well. I looked up. My eyes met a pair of light grey ones that made my knees weak.

"We really need to stop meeting like this," I laughed.

"I know, but I almost didn't notice you without your glasses," he laughed.

I giggled, "I didn't recognize you because your hair isn't slicked back."

"I thought you said you didn't like it like that," he started to lay his head.

"I never said I didn't like it," I shook my head, "I just said it looked weird."

"Well I could go put it back-"

"No. No. No," I waved my hands, "it looks better."

He laughed. I looked up at him. Has he gotten taller, or have I gotten shorter?

"So what are you doing away from your friends?" He asked.

"I was heading to the bathrooms," I told him.

"Bridge," he blinked, "the bathrooms are that way," he pointed the opposite direction of where I was going.

"Oh."

He laughed, "I was actually heading to the bathrooms as well."

"Oh, cool," I nodded.

I turned and Draco started to walk with me. He walked me to my compartment, and I really didn't say anything. I just ate my chocolate.

Harry opened the door, and glared at Draco.

"Malfoy."

"Potter."

"Malfoy."

"Weasley."

"Okay, guys," I stepped into the compartment. "Thank you for walking me Draco, and I will talk to you later. Bye," I shut the door and looked back at Harry and Ron. They both sat in their seats, and crossed their arms.

I sat down, "Listen. Draco and I are friends. Even though you might not like it, it makes me happy. So can you just let me be happy? Please?"

They both sighed, "Fine."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 12 6
Harry and Dalia Potter have been almost inseparable since birth. That all begins to change as they discover one is the chosen one meant to save the w...
905 28 28
A young Hufflepuff in her fourth year, one who is already close with the infamous Weasely twins. Embarks on her own journey with a rather uneventful...
440 39 10
MAJORITY OF THE CHARACTERS AND PLACES ARE CREATED BY J.K.ROWLING. This is just me thinking of it as the perspective of my own character. Hufflepuff C...
1.3K 78 19
in which Gemma Hilton returns to Hogwarts to find out there is more happening in the castle walls than she thought. or. in which a girl is in ano...