The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

The End of Second Year

774 28 17
By justgeeking

"Well, I'm glad you're alive," he told me.

I giggled, "Thanks. I'm glad I'm alive also."

The corridor was getting darker, which was our cue we needed to hurry and get to the Great Hall. I turned to the blonde, "Come on. You're stalling me. I want to get there before Hermione. Let's go!"

He laughed, "Okay, okay. I'm coming."

I started to jog down the hallway. As the Great Hall came into view, I stopped and waited. Draco came up next to me.

"Shall we?" He gestured his hand out to the opening.

I giggled and started to walk once more. I turned to him, "By the way, I nearly fought your father."

"You what?"

"Yeah. He had kicked Dobby, so I got a little mad. Ha ha. And I stormed off with Dobby. Your dad, of course, came after me. I told him I'd fight him if he got anywhere near Dobby. Kinda funny," I laughed.

"You got guts, don't you?" Draco laughed.

I nodded. We walked into the Great Hall. Students were laughing. The ghosts all seemed pretty normal. And I saw my house ghost floating about once again. I smiled to Draco, "I'll see ya later."

He told me the same. I swiftly walked behind Harry and Ron. They both jumped as I put my hand on their shoulders, "Hiza, guys!"

Ron gasped, "Bridge, don't do that."

Harry laughed, "Hey."

I sat down in between them, "You guys ready for Hermione to come back?"

"So much," Harry shook his head.

"I guess. I have missed her, but I don't know about her knowledge," Ron said.

"You're just jealous that you aren't as smart," I playfully punched him in the arm.

Sir Headless Nick passed through in front of us, "Nice to have you back," I told him.

"Yeah, good to have you back, Sir Nick," Jordan spoke up.

"Thank you," Nick nodded his head to the both of us. He continued down the table. I watched him greet a very familiar girl at the front entrance. I practically jumped off of the bench. I balanced out myself, and started to walk closer. Once Nick moved out of my view, the girl became more clear.

I began to turn my walking into full blown sprinting. Hermione's face grew a huge smile, and she ran at me. We conjoined into a hug, nearly falling over.

Wow, guess I really missed her, I laughed to myself.

She laughed as we separated. She looked behind me, and I stepped out of the way. She continued to smile as she ran at the boys. I walked towards them. Hermione jumped into Harry's arms. They shared a rather comfortable hug.

Next was Ron. She didn't hug him. They were about to, but backed out. They did share a weird shaking of hands. I cringed at the sight of them being...weird.

"W-Welcome back," Ron stuttered.

I laughed as I came up next to 'Mione, "Boy do we have a story to tell you."

"I'm happy to be back, and I'd love to hear it. I'm so proud of you guys! You solved it!" Hermione was jumping for joy.

"We couldn't have done it without you though," Harry told her.

"Thank you," Hermione giggled.

The sound of silver tapping on glass got my attention. I looked to the Teachers table just in time, "Attention everyone," McGonagall's voice echoed.

All four of us sat down. Hermione, Harry, me, then Ron. I watched as Dumbledore stood up, "Before we begin our buffet, let's do an applause for Madame Pomfrey, and Professor Sprout; their Mandrake solution was perfect, and saved all those whom were petrified."

Everyone proceeded to clap. Some even shouted. As everyone stopped, it became quiet once more. Dumbledore continued, "And, because of recent school events, all exams have been cancelled."

Mostly, all the students began to clap. Most shouted. I was one of those people. I turned to Hermione who looked disappointed. Over all the claps and shouts, I turned to her, "Hey, this is good. We were never really able to study anyways!"

"Maybe you didn't. I did. You were too busy saving the school."

"And you were petrified. What's the difference?"

She placed her forehead into the palm of her hands, laughing and shaking her head. I laughed, and turned back to Dumbledore.

A sound made everyone go silent. We all turned to the creaking entrance. It opened, and in the opening was a tall, bearded man. "Sorry that I'm a little late," he spoke, "the crazy owl that delivered my papers got lost and confused. I believe the bird's name was 'Arold." He walked down the aisle between our table and Hufflepuff. I smiled.

The fluffy man stopped behind us. I had to turn a 180 to see him. I smiled up at him and he continued, "Also I would just like to say, that if it wasn't fur you: Harry, Ron, Bridget, and Hermione, then I'd still be back at-uh- you know where. So, thank ya."

I smiled. Unconsciously, I stood up, and hugged Hagrid. All the happiness filled me up knowing that he was back again. Knowing that the Chamber is done for. Knowing the monster is slain. Knowing everyone was going to be okay. It made me want to cry.

"It wouldn't be Hogwarts without you," I heard Harry speak up behind me.

I nuzzled my face into Hagrid's jacket. I felt his big hand get placed gently on my back. For a minute, I thought he was crying.

I felt a skinny noodle stretch across my back. I looked over, taking my head out of Hagrid's comfortable jacket. Harry was hugging him as well.

I saw as Albus Dumbledore stood up. He started to clap. He smiled at me, and I did the same. Backing up and clapping, I smiled up a a teary eyed Hagrid. Everyone started to clap and do the same. Kids gathered around Hagrid. They shook his hands, hooped and hollered, and continued to clap. Hagrid looked so happy.

Everyone calmed down enough for them to take their seats again. Hagrid went back up to the Teacher's Table. Everyone got silent again, and Harry and I took our seat.

Dumbledore stood back up, "Sorry for a little late announcement," he looked straight to me, "but before we start dinner, we would like Ms. Meadows to come and sing us a song."

I widened my eyes. Oh no...I didn't get a chance to practice. What am I supposed to sing?!

I stood up, and I started to hear everyone clapping. I wasn't really listening to them though. I stiffly walked up to the table. Dumbledore smiled and gazed into my eyes. His eyes filled with a nonchalant feeling, You'll do great, Bridget, he spoke to me through his thoughts.

I smiled and took a deep breath. McGonagall smiled at me and handed me a mic, "Good luck."

I took it, "Thank you." Gripped it as I turned around. The tables were gone, except for one. That one was right in the middle of the Great Hall. People were stretching, and getting ready. I can't fail them. I have to please.

I took a deep breath, and walked onto the table, which was slightly difficult. I tried to climb up with the mic in my hand. That wasn't a good idea. Don't try it.

I got up, and took a deep breath. I closed my eyes, and wiggled around. You got this. You're okay.

I opened my eyes. I looked around. So many smiling faces. I smiled.

The music started up, and I started to sing.

(One Way or Another by Blondie)

One way or another
I'm gonna find ya.
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha

One way or another
I'm gonna win ya
I'm gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha

One way, or another,
I'm gonna see ya
I'm gonna meetcha, meetcha, meetcha, meetcha

Before I knew it Muggle-borns started to sing and shout the lyrics with me. I kept jumping around on the table. I swore it would've tipped on me.

I will drive past your house
And if the lights are all down
I'll see who's around

And I went back into the chorus. I jumped off the table, and started to dance around. I had gone all around to the different houses, and they were a lot of fun. I'll have to make friends with other people in different houses next year, I thought to myself.

A couple of times I would see some purebloods look at me-and the others singing along-like we were mad. It was hilarious.

The song ended, and I got a huge round of applause. I returned the mic, and went back to my designated table. People I passed kept fist pumping me or giving me high-fives. It was fun, until too many people came back for seconds.

The food arrived, and we all ate happily. Every once and a while Draco will catch me eye. He's give me a thumbs up, or a soft smile. Sometimes he's give me a goofy smile. A few times I would noticed Pansy glaring at me. I didn't acknowledge her.

We finished our last meal in the Great Hall, and returned back to our dorms. Hermione was by my side, which I was happy about. We walked into our dorm.

I noticed something on my bed. It was wrapped in a sort of parchment.

"What's that Bridge?" Hermione asked.

"Let me look," I walked over to the bedside. Hermione followed.

I picked it up. There was a letter on it, I felt bad about breaking your Walkman, so I was able to get you something better. It read.

I smiled as I opened it. It was a portable CD player. With headphones. I started to laugh, "Oh yes!"

"Woah, how'd they even get that here?" Hermione asked.

"I have no idea," I shook my head. I hopped into my bed, clutching to the CD player. Hermione waltzed over to her bed. Through the night we didn't get much sleep. We reminisced through the year.

This year wasn't that bad, I thought to myself. It could've been worse. I wonder what the next year will bring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 17.3K 94
Everyone knows about the second wizarding war. Eveyone know that's Fred Weasley lost his life. But no body knew that she did too. Emma Summers the sa...
432K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...
377 29 13
In which a half human-half witch is forced into Hogwarts School of Wizardry against her will, only to be thrown into the world of campus bad boy-Drac...
184K 4.3K 40
COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Magic, something she aspired to since scho...