The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

New Accusations and Theories

791 32 1
By justgeeking

"Have you talked to Hermione since she's been in the hospital?" Ron had asked Harry and I. It's been about a week since the whole "turning into pansy" thing. Every once and a while I would find a short black hair, and I would pluck it out. We were walking up the staircases, and I was in the front.

"I did, and she's doing good," I told him.

"Yeah, she should be out in a couple of days," Harry added.

"Why don't you go see her for yourself?" I asked.

"Because," Ron just shook his head and paused, "i-i-it would just be weird."

"How? You're just friends."

"I know," Ron finished the conversation as I got to the top of the stairwell. I stepped onto the floor, and I felt something against my shoe. Looking down, I noticed my reflection in the floor. Oh no...

"What's all this?" Harry asked. I shrugged and we all started to run down the hallways. As we got into the main corridor, I saw the whole hallway was covered in water. "I think Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom again," Harry spoke up again. We all ran into the bathroom. Sure enough, the sinks were overflowing. We walked in deeper, and I saw Myrtle sitting on the window sill.

"Come to throw something else at me?" she asked.

"Of course not," I shook my head. "Why would we be throwing things at you?"

"How would I know? I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when someone comes in and throws a book at me," Myrtle moped.

"But it can't hurt you, because it'll go right through you," Ron pointed out. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

Myrtle flew right in front of Ron, "Of course! Let's all throw things at Myrtle because she won't be able to feel it! Ten points if it goes through her stomach!" and with that she punched through Ron's abdomen. "Fifty points if you throw it through her head!" and she punched through Ron's thick skull.

"Well, who threw it at you?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I was just sitting, and pondering about death and it came through the top of my head," and with that she started to cry and moan.

As Myrtle flew away, I took a deep breath and looked around. There was a black book lying on the floor. I was very curious about it, but it gave me a bad vibe. It was almost like...an evil feeling. I didn't like it. Not one bit.

Harry, being who he is, decided to pick it up. I kept eyeing the book as if it was coated with The Black Plague. Then I spoke up, "I think it's best if we keep going and head back to the dormitories."

They both nodded, and we headed back. As soon as we got there, I noticed all the people were gone. There was silence through the common room. I could only assume that they all had gone to bed. Ron announced that he was heading to bed, and that he didn't feel good after what Myrtle 'did to him'.

Once Ron was up the stairs, and behind the closed door, I turned to Harry, "You should go to bed also." I eyed the book, "And you shouldn't mess with that. You should turn it into Dumbledore."

"I might," he looked down at the book.

"I'm serious Harry," I walked closer. "That thing is dangerous."

"How do you know?" He snapped at me.

"It's my instinct," I snapped back. "You know I have a good one. And what about last year. I was right."

"Oh please," he narrowed his eyes, "that's just luck. You have no instinct. You're just a faker."

I stared into his eyes. They were still green, but something was different with them. It almost like he wasn't alone. I then said in a small whisper, "If that's what you think."

He blink and put on a frown, "I'm sorry Bridge. I don't know why I just got...angry."

I glanced to the book, then back to him. Something isn't right, "It's fine," I put on a fake smile. "But please don't scare me like that again.

"I won't try to," he smiled as well. I gave him a genuine smile, and hugged him. He hugged me back. I wanted to steal the book from him. I wanted to make him better. But it wasn't my place. He's gotta learn somehow. We separated, "Good night, Flash," I told him as I climbed the stairwell.

"Good night, Four-eyes."

I smiled as I walked into the dormitories. The only ones in there were a girl named Lavender, a girl whose name started with a P that I can't pronounce, and Ginny. Even though she was a year underneath us, there was no room in the other ones. Hermione would be here, but we all know where she is...

"Hey Ginny," I smiled and waved. I noticed that she was the only one awake.

She blinked, and looked up to me. She didn't say anything, but she did glare.

I sat on my bed, "What's wrong?"

She just narrowed her eyes, and pulled up her comforter to block my view of her.

"What'd I do?" I groaned. She didn't reply, and just laid there. I rolled my eyes, "Fine." And on that note, I went to sleep.

***

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets."

It's been a few days since we found that book. Hermione came back, and I was so happy. And Harry now has a new accusation.

I rolled my eyes as we crossed one of the courtyards, "Now you've gone mad."

"I'm serious," Harry told me. "It was Hagrid fifty years ago."

"It can't be Hagrid," Hermione chipped in. "It just...can't."

"And what about this Tom Riddle dude?" I asked.

"We don't even know him. Sounds like a snitch," Ron cringed.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I highly doubt that the Tom Riddle was even alive fifty years ago."

"What about his parents? Or grandparents?" Harry asked.

"They could've heard rumors," I said deadpan.

"But the monster killed someone," Harry stated. "What would you have done?"

"What if it was a different monster?" I asked.

"Look, let's just go ask Hagrid ourselves. We are friends with him," Hermione suggested.

"That would be a lovely, little visit," Ron commented. "'Hello Hagrid. Just out of curiosity, have you set anything that's mad and hairy out in the castle?'"

"Mad and Hairy? Are ya talkin' 'bout me?"

I choked on air as I turned around. Towering above me, I saw Hagrid. I waved and smiled, still coughing, "No." We all spoke up in unison.

"You okay, Bridge?" Hagrid asked.

I nodded, giving one last cough, "Yeah." It went silent for a little while. I felt rather uncomfortable as we all just looked at each other.

"Whatcha got there Hagrid?" Harry broke off the silence.

Hagrid held up the container, "Flesh-eating slug repellent, for the Mandrakes. Mrs. Sprout says that they need to grow up a lit'le more. But once their acne clers up, we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em. Then we can unpetrify the people in the hospital wing."

We all nodded, "In the meanwhile, ya'll need to be keeping after yourselves. Ya hear?" Hagrid told us. Once again we all nodded. This means no more allegations.

As Hagrid turned and was walking away, Neville came running to us. He looked almost worried. He came up to Harry, and panted, "I don't know who it was, but you have to some see it!"

We all looked to each other and ran after Neville. He lead us up to the tower and to the dormitories. We got up to the room and I was shocked. Whoever came into the boys' room was either looking for something or wanting revenge. Either way it made me really uneasy.

"Bridget?" I heard my name being called from behind me. I turned to face Hermione's back that was looking into our rooms. Oh no...no, no, no...I came up next to her. Our room...it was a mess. The feathers from my pillow and bed were scattered around the floor. My pictures were scattered and worn (but not torn). I walked in and all my stuff was flown everywhere. What really got me were my headphones and Walkman. They were lying on the ground. Broken. Almost like they had been stomped on. My worry soon transformed into rage. I turned around to Hermione, and she had wide eyes.

"I want to know who did this," I said in a deadpan voice.

"Bridget," Hermione started, "I don't think that's possible."

"I have a list of suspects."

"How?" She asked.

"My ways."

I saw Ron and Harry come from behind Hermione, who looked slightly scared. They both looked to the room, then to me, then to my hands which held the Walkman. They were shocked. "Bloody hell. I'm sorry Bridge," Ron told me. Everyone in the Gryffindor house knew how much I loved it.

"I'm going to find out who's responsible for this," I said in a deadpan voice.

"I think you should calm down," Harry came closer and tried to hold onto one of my hands. "You're irises are turning red."

I took a deep breath, "I'm fine." I dropped the Walkman, "But I'm going to go for a walk." And with that I walked out of the dorm, and out of the tower. I was going to go get away from people. I don't care if Dumbledore doesn't want me to. I don't care if I almost die or get petrified. I just need this.

===

I sighed and took a deep breath. The freshwater scent filled my senses. I leant my head back against the willow tree. I haven't talked to Draco in a while. I hope he's doing okay.

Right as the thought in my mind cleared, I heard leaves crunching behind me. My breath stopped. Should I turn around? But I could die if I do! But that's slim...right?

"Bridget?"

I sighed, "Draco, you scared me."

I heard the blonde chuckle and sit down next to me. I glanced over at him, and he was already looking at me, "So how'd you know I was here?"

His grey eyes shown interest and something I haven't seen in anybody else. I couldn't tell what it was, "Hermione. I had asked her where you were and she said you were going on a walk to cool off after your Walkman incident."

I nodded, but stayed quiet. I looked out to the water.

"I didn't want you out here alone," he said. "Especially with the whole Chamber monster."

I smiled, "That's sweet but I'm okay."

"I don't know about that," he chuckled.

"Funny," I shoved his arm, and we sat in complete silence. In the silence, I was listening. Listening to Draco's breathing; listening to the wind blowing through the trees; and listening to all the students out in the courtyards.

"I think we should get going," Draco spoke up.

I didn't realize how dark it was getting, until I looked around. It was starting to get cloudy, and dark. I watched as Draco stood up. He looked down and offered me his hand.

I grabbed a hold of it, and he helped me up. As soon as I stood up, it started my sprinkle. "Oh my gosh," I groan.

"What? Will your hair get wet?" The blonde snickered.

"No," I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "It's just so cliche."

"Well," he laughed, "maybe that's a good thing."

I pushed his chest with my right hand, "Let's go, flirt." We started towards the castle. I nearly fell at least twice.

As we got up to the Whomping Willow, it started to pour. Like, really hard. We both laughed as we ran back into the castle.

"That's terribly cliche," I laughed as we stepped onto the concrete floor. My hair was soaking as well as my robes.

I looked to Draco...he looked rather cute. His hair was down and partially in his face. It wasn't slick back like it normally is. I like it better like this. I noticed that his gaze was on me. His grey eyes sparkled.

We were about a inch apart. My breathing had stopped. I kept my eyes on his eyes. They were going crazy with something I've never seen before in other people. His eyes were looking all over my face. I felt myself getting redder and redder by the second. I blinked a few times and let out a sigh, "We should probably get going."

He looked away, "Yeah."

We both walked a little bit, and were about to split our separate ways. I turned to head in the direction of the tower when I heard him call me. I turned back to him, "Yeah?"

"Uh-bye."

"Bye," I smile, and walked off. I felt like he need to tell me something else. But I guess I'll never know.

I was so close to the tower, when I heard something on the wall. It was like a slither. I didn't look, I just ran.

•••

I panted as I walked into the common room. I saw Fred and George sitting on the couch, talking. They saw me, and smile, "Hello, Bridge."

"Hello, boys."

"Why are you wet?" Fred asked.

"I was outside," I answered.

"With who?" George smirked.

"Nobody," I laughed. I walked over to the couch, and leaned on the backside.

"Mhm," they hummed. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I walked up to the dormitories, and opened the door. Hermione was the only one there. She was just lying on her bed, reading a book.

"Hey, 'Mione."

She removed her book, "What happened?!"

"My clothes?"

"Yes!"

"Oh..." I giggled, "well, I was outside."

"No dip, Sherlock," she watched as I walked over to my bed.

I rolled my eyes, "I lost track of time."

"Well," she whipped her legs around the bedside, "you shouldn't be out anyways. Not with the monster."

"I know. But after everything..." I trailed off. "I really needed it."

"Okay," she sighed, "but go with someone. I would hate if you—"

"I won't. And I always will be. I was today," I told her.

"Who?"

"Draco Malfoy," I murmured.

"Who?" She asked again.

"Draco Malfoy."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 6.1K 50
[COMPLETED] A love for your best friend leads to a complicated relationship between Fred Weasley and Elizabeth Baker. Follow their journey through th...
92 14 7
Harry and Dalia Potter have been almost inseparable since birth. That all begins to change as they discover one is the chosen one meant to save the w...
128K 2.1K 48
Hermione escaped from the Weasleys house because Ron got a girl pregnant and went into the muggle world for a fresh start, accidently being partners...
728K 17.3K 94
Everyone knows about the second wizarding war. Eveyone know that's Fred Weasley lost his life. But no body knew that she did too. Emma Summers the sa...