The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

A Strange Detention and Hearing Things

884 33 5
By justgeeking

A/N: I got the information from a lot of cites and they all say the same thing. The information was not my idea. Came from J.K. Rowling.

I walked into my detetion room that McGonagall had asigned to me. I was with her. I didn't know why, but I knew I was. I walked in and she was sitting at her desk, writing something. I walked to the front of the class where I sat, and sat down. She didn't look up though. I coughed.

She glanced up, then back down. "Hello, Ms. Meadows," She started. "I'm glad you came today."

"I'm just happy you didn't stick me with Lockhart," I laughed, setting my stuff on my desk.

She looked up, and smirked, "Yes, he can be a handful."

"So," I sighed, "what am I going to have to do?"

"You are going to be taking notes," She got up, and walked over to her chalkboard.

"What?" I asked.

"Notes, Ms. Meadows. You know what those are right?" She asked.

"Yes, but why notes?"

"Because," She started to write on the chalkboard, "you are going to be wanting animagus lessons next year right?"

"Well, of course. But-" I was interrupted by her.

"Then you are going to need these notes."

I sighed, and took out a quill. I got out my ink and a pad of parchment of paper. She moved out of the way, and I began to write them down.

She started to read off the notes, "Becoming an animagus is very difficult, and is often not attainable. There are many steps that you must do, but if you are under the age of 18, you are unregistered. If you get caught unregistered, you most likely will be sent to Azkaban. Many have been unregistered, and nobody would figure out.

"Transforming into an animagus takes time, and effort. You must do all of the things below perfectly or there will be terrible consequences. You might lose your memory, or worse. The steps are simple but complex.

"First step: you must keep a mandrake leaf in your mouth, on your tongue, for one month. If swallowed, you must restart your month. While you have that in your mouth, you need to be very good with the following: Occlumency, you will need to clear the mind; Transfiguration, a necessity for becoming an animagi; Ancient Runes, which will be used at the very end; Arithmancy, and Potions. After the month is up, do not throw away the leaf. It will be needed for the potion towards the end.

"Second step: after you are done with the first step, you must begin to make the Everlasting Elixir; as found in Advanced Potion-Making. This will take you months. You must use the mandrake leaf as the most important ingredient. The potion does not like sunlight, so it's best to keep it in the dark. You must make it correctly or it won't work.

"Third step: you must find a wall, and write the runic symbols on. Make sure you can stand in front of them closely. Fourth step: get yourself into a calm state of mind. Do this by meditation, or slowly breathing. Fifth step: during a thunderstorm, stand in front of the runic symbols, and drink the potion.

"Sixth step: after drinking the potion, place your wand over your heart. Repeat the words: 'Amato Animo Animato Animagus.' Then after a day of reciting the words, you may try and change into your animagus. You won't know what your animagus is. You won't be able to have full control over your transfiguration. That is something you'll have to work at," Then she stopped.

I looked up after I got the last word, and she was sitting on her desk, as a cat. I smiled at her. She jumped off her desk, turning into herself again. "I guess our time is up, Ms. Meadows."

I sighed and put my stuff in my bag I carried around. I got up, "Professor, is anything going on this year that I should be aware of?"

She looked at me and sighed, "I think you should go wait on Mr. Potter."

I nodded and walked out. I was walking down the halls when I heard something gliding along the wall. I didn't look to see what was there. I ran to Lockhart's room. I knew Harry was there. I got up to the door way and I could hear them talking. I knocked on the door, "Come in." I walked in and there were letters all over the place. "I came to get Harry," I lied.

"Oh look at that," Lockhart looked beside him. "We've been here nearly four hours. Well I think it's best to go with Ms. Meadows," He smiled at me.

Harry got up and walked towards me. He looked a little out of it. "You alright Harry?" I asked as we stepped out of the class room.

"Yeah, it's just," He paused. "The voices."

"What voices Harry?" I looked to him. Is he going crazy?

"You don't hear them either?" He asked. I shook my head. Then he stopped, and his eyes got wide. He ran down the corridor. He had his hands trailing along the wall.

"Harry?!" I called after him. I ran; catching up with him.

He went around a corner, and so did I. We ran into Hermione and Ron. What are they doing out...alone...?

"Harry? Bridget?" Hermione was a little surprised.

"Did you hear that?" Harry asked.

"Hear what?" Hermione asked.

"Harry is going crazy," I said raising my eyebrows.

"No, I'm not," Harry piped. "I heard a voice."

"A voice?" Ron looked scared while he looked around himself.

"What voice?" Hermione asked.

"I heard a voice in Lockhart's office and just-" He stopped.

"See. Crazy," I gestured to Harry.

"I'm not crazy..." He paused. "It's moving."

"What's moving?" Hermione and I asked in unison.

"Well, I heard something slithering on the wall on my way to Lockhart's," I said.

"Bridge," Hermione spoke up, "most things don't slither on walls."

I looked to Harry, and he looked to me. Then he looked out to the corridors, "I think it's going to kill." And with that he bolted off.

"Harry!" I ran after him.

"Harry! Bridget!" Ron yelled running after us.

"Guys! Not so fast!" Hermione was running after us.

Harry ran into a different pair of corridors. I ran after him, and slid across the floor. I ran into the wall, almost falling on my butt. I looked to the floor, and there was water on the floor. As if Myrtle flooded the bathroom again. Harry looked behind him, then in front. I got off the wall, and he started to walk forwards. I followed him. In no time I heard the feet of Ron and Hermione after us. I then saw Hermione standing to the left of me. We walked a little ways, then Harry put his arm out in front of Hermione and I.

I looked down and there were a little line of small baby spiders. I would've said 'awe', but there were a abnormal amount of them. Okay, that's a little weird. I looked to my friends. They were all staring at the spiders too.

"That's strange," Harry told us. "I've never seen spiders act like that." You think I have.

"I don't like spiders," Ron mentioned. I sighed and carefully stepped over the small spiders. I looked at the ground and noticed a reflection. I looked up, and there was a message written on the wall: The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware.

Hermione read the message aloud. Well, at least they saw it. I glanced around then I saw something. Filch's cat. I gasped, "Oh boy..." Harry got closer, and so did I.

I heard kids from down the corridor running towards us. I turned, as well as Harry, and saw a group of kids. I pushed up my glasses, and my eyes went wide. They're going to think we did it.

Then I heard gasps coming from my left. I turned and Malfoy was standing there, in front of a group of students. He caught my eyes, and we stared at each other. In his eyes I saw: regret, confusion, and another one that I couldn't make out. Regret? What does he regret?

"Enemies of the heir beware?" Draco asked.

"You'll be next, Mudbloods," Pansy smirked.

I saw Draco elbow her in the side. Was he standing up for Hermione and I? He can't be.

"Make way. Make way," I turned and Mr. Filch was making his way through the crowd to see what was going on. He saw me, "Ms. Meadows..." He saw Harry, "Mr. Potter..." He looked around. Then his eyes went wide. I noticed sadness. He saw her, "Mrs. Norris?"

I was about to say something when Filch said, "You murdered my cat." His bottom lip started to shake.

"It wasn't his fault," I stood my ground.

He looked down to, "So you murdered my cat."

"N-No sir," I said, stuttering. Whenever I would stand up to my mother, she's always hit me.

"I'll kill ya," He started off quiet. Then shakily he put his hand up, "I'll kill ya!"

I flinched as he raised his hand, and took a quick breath. Just hit me quick.

"Argus!" I heard a voice boom. I turned around and saw Dumbldore making his way through the crowd, "Argus..." His voice trailed off as I saw him stare at the wall. I was shaking, and it was bad. Thank god no one notices. "Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately," Dumbledore announced. Well, don't mind if I do. I was about to walk off when I heard, "Except for you four."

I groaned, and turned back around to face the Headmaster and Professors. I was standing inbetween Hermione and Harry.

"She's not dead, Argus," Dumbledore moved, and the professors all came into view. Lockhart went over to Mrs. Norris. "She has only been petrified."

"Ah, I knew it," Lockhart said. "So unlucky I wasn't there. I know the exact counter-curse that could've spared her."

I rolled my eyes, Of course you did.

"How? I cannot say," Dumbldore ignored what Lockhart said.

"Ask her," Argus pointed to me. "She's done it."

I looked at Mr. Filch with confusion.

"You saw what she wrote on the wall," His finger started to shake as it pointed at me.

"That's not true sir," I said. "I would never have had the time in the first place. And why would I touch Mrs. Norris?"

"If I am correct," Snape spoke up, "perhaps Ms. Meadows and her friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time."

I looked to my friends, and raised my eyesbrows, see? Not that bad of a person.

"However," He spoke up again and started to walk towards us, "the circumstances are strange. I, for one, would like to know where Mr. Potter and Ms. Meadows were at dinner."

"I'm afraid that was my doing, Snape, for Potter," Lockhart spoke up.

"And it is my fault for Meadows," McGonagall nodded towards me. I smiled.

"Harry was helping me with my fan mail."

"That's why Ron and I went looking for him, professor. And when we found him, he had said-" Hermione stopped. I know why she stopped. Even I don't want to say that Harry heard voices.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?" Asked Snape.

"When I said I wasn't hungry. We were all headed back to the common room," Harry was a genius.

Snape turned to Dumbldore. "Innocent until proven guilty, Severus," Dumbledore spoke up.

"My cat is petrified," Argus said shaking. "I want to see some punishments!" He yelled. I had some sympathy for him, I mean come on. His only love is as good as dead.

Then Dumbledore was saying how Professor Sprout could make a cure from her mandrakes we repoted. "But until then," Dumbledore said, "I give great caution." He looked me in the eyes, "To all."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 12 6
Harry and Dalia Potter have been almost inseparable since birth. That all begins to change as they discover one is the chosen one meant to save the w...
4.4K 116 19
Sage Le'Fay, Harry Potter's elusive uncle, searched tirelessly for his nephew, but fate kept them apart. Meanwhile, Harry remained unaware of Sage's...
3.3M 87.2K 100
In which (Y/n) Weasley, the twin sister of Ron Weasley, falls for her family's enemy. (draco malfoy x weasley!reader) you will be described as havi...
41.8K 2K 26
The founders of Hogwarts, combined had the power to create, destroy and conquer, power beyond a muggles wildest dreams. Hogwarts was their home, thei...