The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

Detention

1.2K 41 8
By justgeeking

That night, we ran to Hagrid's. We knew that there was a Sorcerer's stone, and we wanted to get more information out of Hagrid. And we haven't seen Hagrid in a while. It was pretty dark outside. The only thing that helped with the darkness, was the moon. It lit our path so we didn't have to use our wands.

I had only gone out once at night before this night. I went to go read by the Black Lake, and I was sick of Pugface getting on to me about how bad my singing was. I discovered my spot, the willow, that night. Oh, the memory. I love that memory.

As we all approached Hagrid's Hut, I noticed how breathless we all were. We got up the stairs, and I knocked on the door. Hagrid opened the door, and he was in an apron, "Sorry kids, but I'm busy at the moment, so I cannot help you or entertain you tonight." He tried to close the door.

"We know, Hagrid! About the Sorcerer's Stone!" We all shout.

He stopped, "Hm," and he let us in. We walked into the living room. Harry and Ron sat on his couch. Hermione sat in his chair; and I sat next to Fang, who I had visited often. I was petting him, then Harry said, "We believe Snape has been trying to steal it for himself."

I rolled my eyes. They won't listen to me. It's Quarrel. They had not stopped talking about it for months now.

"I cannot believe you're still going on about him."

"Me neither," I said.

"We know he's trying to, but we don't know why," Harry pleaded.

"It's. Not. Snape," I said, petting Fang. I know my instinct, and it's never wrong.

"I think ya should listen to Bridget. And Snape's one of our teachers protecting it. Why would he try to steal it if he's helping protect it? Think about that as you head back to your common rooms," Hagrid tried to usher us out.

Why was Hagrid trying to get us out that fast? Why does he have an apron on? What is in the pot behind him?  So many questions popped into my head. 

"He's one of your teachers?" Harry asked.

"Obviously simple!" Hermione piped up. "You have more things protecting the Stone. Like spells, charms, jinxes, enchantments."

"Yep. And it's a waste of time for everyone in my opinion," Hagrid went back to work with the pot.

Hermione looked over at me and Fang, and smiled. Then Fang licked me. "Ugh," I comment, wiping it off with my robe. Everyone laughed.

"Nobody can get past ok' Fluffy. Nobody knows how," Hagrid went on. "Except for me and Dumbledore," he stated proudly.

Uh-oh...There he goes again.

"I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have said anything."

Then whatever was in his pot, started to shake and crack. You could hear it plain as day. "Uh, Hagrid?" I asked. "What is exaclty in your pot?"

He turned and picked it up with his mitts, when started to wince. I thought oven mitts were supposed to help with hot things. He brought it over to the table and placed it down. All of us got up, and walked over to the table. We all sat down in the old, wooden chairs; we watched as the thing shook and popped.

"A dragon egg?!" I turned to Hagrid.

"How'd you manage to get it?" Ron asked.

"I-uh won it off a guy at an Irish pub after a game of...not important," Hagrid stared at it for a little bit.

"Do you always get animals from strangers at puds?" I asked.

"Not all  the time," He said looking down.

Then the thing started to shake and we heard tapping. Everyone got away from it, but I stayed close and watched. Then the thing burst open, and a small baby dragon walked out. It slipped on a piece of eggshell. HA! ME!

"That's a Norwegian Ridgeback, Hagrid! My brother works with them loads of them in Romainia," Ron explained.

"Isn't he a beauty?" Hagrid sounded as if he was about to cry. "Oh, look. He knows his daddy."

The dragon was facing Hagrid. Awe...the poor little guy. So cute. At least I'm not the only one who appreciates animals.

"Hello...what should I call you? Ah, Norbert," Hagrid said happily.

Awe! He named him! That's sweet.

"Norbert?" Harry asked.

"Well, he needs to have a name, don't he?" Hagrid laughed, and pet Norbert.

"Indeed he does," I replied back.

Then Norbert sneezed and fire came out onto Hagrid. Everyone was thrown back. Hagrid patted his beard, which now had some ashes from his beard in it. "He'll need to be trained, as all dragons do."

I laughed a bit. Then I got a strange feeling. The same feeling I got one the night I came to Hogwarts. Someone is looking at me. I need to look, without looking crazy. I waited a little then glanced to Hagrid's window. Malfoy...He was looking right in on us. Mostly staring at me. Why did he follow us?

I saw Draco's eyes widen and he bolted away. I looked at my friends, and right as I did I heard Harry go, "It was Malfoy..."

I got up and snatched my cloak, "It's been great catching up Hagrid but I think my friends and I need to go." I opened up the door, and ran for it. I could hear Harry, Ron, and Hermione at my heels.

As we approached the entrance to Hogwarts, I was starting to run a little slower. Once we got back up there, McGonagall and Malfoy were standing in the door way waiting for us. Crap!

We were in McGonagall's classroom. Malfoy snitched us out. I was standing with my group while I noticed Malfoy was standing alone.

"Nothing, and I will say it again, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school grounds at night. Especially when it's passed curfew. As a punishment 50 point will be taken," McGonagall spoke to us.

"50 points?!" Harry looked astonished. She could've taken more...

"From each one of you," She said.

I turned to Malfoy, and he was standing there smirking. What? Does he think he's gonna get out of it?

"And to ensure that this doesn't happen again, all 5 of you now have detention," She said lastly.

She said 5...I looked over to Malfoy and smirked. She. Said. 5.

"Excuse me, Professor, but I think I misheard you. Did you say the 5 of you?" He asked.

I giggled a little bit, and Malfoy glared at me.

"You heard me correct, Mr. Malfoy," She replied. "Even thought your actions were viable, you too were out of bed after curfew hours."

I turned to my friends, all whom were smirking as well. Poor Malfoy thought he got away. He gets to be punished with the rest of us. Poor, poor thing. Wait, he's gonna have detention...with me...

It was a few days after we had got caught, and we had detention. I thought it was absolutely terrible that we had detention out at night. Especially in the Forbidden Forest.

"Pity they rid the school of the older punishments," Filch was leading us out to meet Hagrid. "Back then, you would've had to hang by your thumbs in the dungeons."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Thinking about that made my thumbs ache. It's fine. It's just going to be helping Hagrid in the Forbidden Forest. Nothing more. You're going to be okay.

"Oh how I miss their little screams," He said.

I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

We got up to Hagrid's hut and he was coming out. He had his crossbow with him.

"Oh give it up already," Filch sounded annoyed. "You can't go on about that bloody dragon, mate?"

Wait what?

Hagrid sniffled, "Norbert's gone. They sent him off to Romania to live in one of those colonies."

Oh, poor Hagrid. Lost his baby. I'd be sad too. Why is Filch so rude?

We followed Hagrid into the forest. I could hear the howling from wolves. I hope those are wolves. Why can't I be in the castle working on sentences or something?

We walked for a little bit, then Hagrid had us stop in front of a puddle. He bent down and he put his fingers in it. He pulled them out and showed us.

"Hagrid," Harry said. "What exactly is that?"

"This is what we are here for. It's unicorn blood," Hagrid started. "I found one a few days ago dead. This one seems to be really hurt."

I looked to Harry, who was looking at something else. I glanced the way Harry was looking and I could barely make out a hooded figure.

What is that?

"It's our job to find the thing killin' em. Ron, Hermione, you two can join with me," Hagrid paused. I looked up at him. Are you kidding me?  "Harry, Bridget, you can go with Malfoy."

"Fine. But we get Fang," Malfoy demanded.

"I want Fang anyways," I said.

"Okay, but he's not gonna protect ya any better than a cockroach."

"Fine by me," I say. "Come here Fang."

He obeyed and we all split up.

I walked along side Fang, while Harry and Malfoy were behind. Cowards. All three of 'em. I am a little bit, but I'm braver than them.

"Just you wait until my father hears this," I heard Draco behind me. "It's slavery. Things servants should be doing."

I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a long night.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're scared, Malfoy," I heard Harry behind me.

"Scared? Uh, you'd know, Potter," Draco used pronunciation.

I whipped around, "Both of you shut it. You both are scared. I'm the only brave one out of you three," I pointed at the dog. "There's a reason you weren't put into Gryffindor, Malfoy. And don't act all brave now, Harry. I've seen you whimper in the face of a little boy."

Then a deep, weird noise came from around us. We looked around and nothing. I shrugged and continued to walk. Tonight wasn't particularly cold or hot, and it wasn't too dark. It was a perfect night to be out and about. See, everything is okay. Nothing to be worried about.

We walked until we came to an opening. There were thick trees almost made into like a circle. Something bad is going to happen. I just know it.

We walked into the center of the clearing, and Fang growled. I glanced up and a few yards in front of us was the hooded figure. He was sucking the neck of what appears to be a dead unicorn. My mouth went wide.

"We have to do something," I said quickly. I grabbed a fist sized rock and chucked it at the figure. It hit it's head and the figure glanced up. Okay, so I didn't think this through...

"Draco," I turn to him. He went pale. "Go get Hagrid."

He nodded and ran off screaming. He dropped the lantern as he did so. Stupid!

I heard Harry wince as he stared at the thing. The scar? Weird thing? Voldemort.

The thing looked up at us, and I could see it smirk. I got out my wand, and had it at my side. The thing glided up, and started to walk closer to Harry and I. We both walked backwards. Side by side. I saw Harry go down, out of the corner of my eye. I glanced at him, and noticed he fell on some roots.

*In any case that you see Mr. Potter in a predicament you will need to save him. Can you do that?" He asked.

"Yes," I nodded. "I can."

"Promise me?" He said sternly.

"I promise, Albus, that I will do everything in my power to help, protect, and save Harry in a time of need." I promised.*

The memory echoed through my mind. I promised.

I got in front of Harry, a few feet. I stood there and the thing got closer. "If you want Harry," I firmly stood my ground, "then you're going to have to go through me."

I was shaking, and the thing got closer. I had a firm grasp on my wand. My heart started to race. What if this thing actually kills me? No! Stop it! Happy thoughts!

The hooded figure was face to face with me. He was right in front of me a few centimeters. I could feel it's staggering breaths. So this is what it's like to look death in the face. Speaking of face, it's face was almost human like. It was pale, like corpse pale. And his teeth were really gross. His breathe smelled of blood. Like a blood drive.

It smiled, then the next thing I knew, I was being flown through the air. I hit something hard and fell to the ground. I coughed. That BLOODY HURT!  I tried to get up, but my ribs! They hurt too much. I looked up, and Harry was stuck. I brought up my wand, "Stupefy," I whispered. They thing got hit. It turned to me, and I smirked. It started to glide over to me when a centaur stopped it.

It ran off into the distance. The centaur went over and talked to Harry, then came over to me, "How hurt are you?"

"I don't know," I said. "But hitting a tree hurts a lot worse than getting struck with a Bludger." I tried to laugh but I winced. AW! I can't laugh.

Harry came over and knelt beside me, "It's going to be ok. Hagrid's on his way." Harry started to pet my ponytail.

I heard Hagrid's voice boom, "Hello there Firenze, wait. What happened?"

"Hermione! Ron! Hagrid! Come quick!" Harry yelled. Why not Draco?

Hermione and Ron showed up in my view in no time. Draco right behind them. They all knelt, even Draco, to talk to me.

"Bloody..." Ron whispered.

"What happened?" Draco asked.

Why did he care?

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked.

"Other than the fact that my ribs might be broken, yeah," I said, my breathing was now in short grasps since it hurt to inhale. "Oh, Hermione. You're goin got be so proud of me. Because of the spell book you gave me, I was able to save Harry's life."

"What? What spell?" She asked astonished.

"The 'Stupefy' one," I said. "Will you guys help me up? I'll explain what happened later."

They all nodded. I got up, and they let me go. I took one step then fell. The pain was too much. Hagrid came over and picked me up. I passed out as soon as he lifted me from the ground.

The last thought before I passed out was, How's Harry going to be okay without me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432K 11.7K 35
Harry finds out a secret about his past. Betrayed and hurt, Harry turns to the only person who can help him in his quest for revenge. Takes place dur...
9 0 9
Alliseinna Malfoy was a perfect girl. She was smart, caring and rather pretty. Her family couldn't have asked for a better daughter. That was until...
721K 17.3K 94
Everyone knows about the second wizarding war. Eveyone know that's Fred Weasley lost his life. But no body knew that she did too. Emma Summers the sa...
4.4K 116 19
Sage Le'Fay, Harry Potter's elusive uncle, searched tirelessly for his nephew, but fate kept them apart. Meanwhile, Harry remained unaware of Sage's...