The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
I Got A Letter
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

First day; First Classes

1.9K 59 28
By justgeeking

I opened my eyes and saw the light from my window around a person with fluffy hair, "Hermione...5 more minutes..." I turned over and covered my head with the comforter. It was too early for anything. I normally didn't get up till 6 in the mornings, and I could tell that it was earlier then 6.

"No, Bridget," she shook me more. "We can't we have to go and eat breakfast. We have classes today, and I'm not being late because I was helping my bestfriend get out of bed. It's a lame excuse."

I sighed and sat up. As soon as I got my eyes fully awake, I could tell that Hermione was already dressed, and she was staring at me. Her eyes were wide open.

"What?" I asked, stretching.

"Your hair," was all she said before I realized what she meant. Bedhead was a common thing for me. The friction from the covers could make it worse on occasion. 

I got up, and opened my trunk. "What's the weather like today?" I asked Hermione.

"It's a little chilly. And we are going to be taking Flying, so we'll be outside," She said sitting beside me.

"Okay," I grabbed a grey sweater with a black skirt and white collared undershirt. I grabbed a pair of ankle high socks, and my black knee high boots. "What's our schedule like 'Mione?" 

"Breakfast, of course; then to Transfiguration," as she went on explaining, I got dressed. Once I was finished, we left for breakfast. My hair, which I had finally gotten control of, was  pulled into a high ponytail. 

After we had breakfast, we headed to Transfiguration. My stomach was grumbling the whole way there since Hermione barely let me eat the rest of my eggs. 

Hermione and I picked seats that were in front of the class. Normally, I would always sit up front. Hermione had first suggested it, and I thought it was a great idea. She told me she always sat in the front too. 

We sat in the middle front. That way Harry and Ron could sit on our left. I was the one on the further left. Speaking of, I hadn't seen Ron or Harry this morning. 

"Hey Hermione. Have you seen the boys this morning?" I asked sitting down in the seat. I started to get out my book, papers, ink, and quill from my bag I carried around.

"I didn't see them at breakfast, so no," she replied, sitting down next to me. We had been the only ones in the classroom. The teacher hadn't even gotten here yet, only a cat laying on the desk.  

"Pity Potter isn't here to coddle you this morning," I heard someone's voice echo from the door, which was to our backs.

I turned around and Draco was standing smugly in the door way. Crabbe and Goyle were right behind him. "What?" I got up from my seat.

"I saw you and Potter holding hands yesterday," He popped the 'P' in Potter. He walked closer to us. He came up and leant on the desks to my left.

"And? It's not like we're together. It's a brother-sister friendship. I would never be with Harry that way," I responded. Dudley always assumed that Harry and I were together. We never were. I have never like him that way. That's just...weird.

Draco had a smug little smile on his face. I looked into Draco's grey eyes. They showed jealousy and confusion. Was he jealous of Harry?  "So it wouldn't be a problem if Goyle and I sit here?" He gestured to the desks.

I glanced to Hermione, who was staring up at me from her seat, looked rather uncomfortable, but she gave a nodded.

I looked at Draco, "That's fine, but this is class. Don't try to talk to me or send me notes." Draco wasn't the same as he was in Diagon Alley or the train. I didn't understand why he had gotten so rude. There's no way he could be so jealous of Harry. No way.

It was just the beginning of class. Professor McGonagall had just put up some notes we had to take. She had transformed into a cat, and was sitting on her desk. It had also gotten really quiet because of the notes. She was the same cat I saw sitting on the desk when we first came in.

I heard the doors in the back creak  as they were being opened. I heard feet run into class. When I turned, Harry and Ron were running up the rows. I rolled my eyes and smiled. What a great first impression.  I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Hermione shaking her head. I chuckled on the inside.

"We...finally made it," I heard Ron say. "Could you imagine McGonagall's face if she had known we were late?"

She jumped off the desk and transformed into herself again. I started to take my notes again. Idiots. 

"That was wicked!" I heard Ron say in amazement.

I set down my quill and put my face in my hands. Don't laugh Bridget, don't laugh.

"Thank you, Mr. Weasley. But maybe I should transfigure Harry Potter or yourself into a pocket watch. Maybe then one of you might be on time."

"Sorry, Professor. We got lost. The castle's too big and there are-," Harry piped up.

"Then a map might be able to do," I let out a little air after that one, and picked up my quill. I started to write again. "You shouldn't need one in order to find your seats."

I let out a giggle, and Hermione elbowed me in the ribs. "What? She's got good comebacks," I whispered.

I heard Harry and Ron behind us sit down. Great way to start a first day guys. Great way.

We had all gathered in to potions. Most of our classes were with a lot of Slytherins. I never knew why. I didn't hate having Draco in my classes, but he was getting rude. I decided to sit on the left of Harry while Hermione sat on the right.

It was pretty dark in the Potions Class room. It was also cold from being in the Dungeons. I didn't like it that much. I glanced around the room, and people were talking. My eye caught Draco's eye as he was talking to one of his friends. I squinted my eyes and turned away.

The door opened and Professor Snape strolled in, "There will be no foolishness in my class. I won't tolerate nonsense," His voice was very monotone. I thought, He doesn't seem fun. 

"Being children, I don't expect you all to understand..." Then I stopped paying attention. I was looking around at all the viles and glass bottles. I wonder what kind of potions there are.

I glanced over at Harry who was writing down what Snape was saying. At least he was paying attention.

"Not paying attention," He got louder with every word. I snapped my head and eyes to him. He found out I wasn't paying attention, I thought. I noticed it wasn't just me that he was staring at.

I nudged Harry with my elbow, and he glanced up. Snape glided over to the front of the class where we were. At first I thought my breathing stopped.

"Mr. Potter. Celebrity of your class," Snape kept pausing. Why doesn't he just get to...the...point. "If you're so great, what would I get if I added a crushed root of asphodel with an blend of wormwood and fairy wing."

I glanced over and saw Hermione's hand go up. Harry just shook his head, "I don't know, Professor."

"Okay, what about you? Ms. Meadows, where would you look if I asked you to find me a beasil?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "I have no idea." He's trying to make me look stupid, so I'll just admit to it. I wasn't born and raised with witches and wizards.

"Pity. Fame mustn't be everything," Snape said.

"Never said it was," I muttered to myself.

"Hm?" Snape perked up.

"Nothing," I said louder. I looked into his eyes, and they showed jealousy, envy, pity, and vengeance. Why jealousy and vengeance?

Later on we had Defense against the Dark Arts and Herbology then it was time for lunch.

  Lunch time was nothing special. We just did some homework and ate food. Seamus Finnegan, another Gryffindor, decided to try a spell. It blew up in his face. I felt bad for him, but he shouldn't try new spells if he doesn't know how to do it properly. Owls came in, dropping mail for different class mates.

An owl dropped a piece of paper to me. I grabbed it and looked at it. At first I thought it was from my mother, but it wasn't.

Dear Ms. Meadows,

I am very proud that you made it into Gryffindor. I wish your grandparents were here to see you. Hope you have a great first day. Meet me in my office after your last class. The password is lemon drops. See you then.

Sincerely,

Headmaster Dumbledore

"Who's it from, Bridget?" Harry asked.

"Dumbledore," I told him and placed it in my pocket.

"What'd it say?" Ron asked.

"None of your business," I said, smiling.

"Fine," he replied laughing.

I glanced over at Dumbledore, who was sitting at the Professor's Table, and smiled at him. He smiled, and gave a wave. Wonder what he wants to see me for?

It was Flying Class now. I was in between Harry and Hermione. Across from me was Draco, and he was being weird. Madame Hooch finally came and went out in front of everyone, "Welcome  to your first flying lesson. Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick."

Everyone did so.

"Stick your right hand over the broom," She started again. I did so, waiting for the next order, "And say 'up'. Be a little forceful."

Students everywhere started to say it at the same time. "Up." I stated simply yet confidently. It flew directly into my hand. I looked around. Harry and Draco hands were holding their brooms.

I was looking around, and most people were having troubles. Especially Hermione and Neville. They seemed to be shaking, almost as if they were scared of the brooms.

"Without fear," Madame Hooch said. A few more people got their brooms up in their hands.

"Up," I looked to Ron, and right as I did Ron's broom hit him smack dab in the nose.

Harry and I laughed.  That just made my day.

"Shut up Bridget. You too Harry," Ron said rubbing his nose.

After a while, everyone finally got their broom sticks in their hands. Took long enough. "Now, once you've gotten a hold of your broom, you are to mount it. And grip it. Do it tightly; you don't want to go flying off," Madame Hooch instructed us.

I did just that. I looked up and Draco had a smug smirk across his face. I rolled my eyes, Now this is just getting shady. 

"When I blow my whistle, each of you need to kick up from the ground. Then get your broom steady, lean forward a little, then touch back down," Madame Hooch told us. "Go on my whistle. Three, two."

Before she could blow her whistle, someone was already up in the air. Neville was up in the air. Higher than what he was supposed to be before he was even supposed to do it. "Uh, Neville." I said, along with everybody else. Neville, as I could see, was freaking out. I would be too. Neville's broom shook and was bucking around. 

Everybody, even the teacher, was screaming at him to come back. But I didn't think he could help it. Neville was flying around everywhere. He was going through the courtyard and up on the roof.

We all gathered and watched as Neville was dropped, from a decently high standard, on to the ground. I was in the front, closest to Neville. He looked pretty bad...

"Out of my way! Move," Madame Hooch was making her way to Neville. She ran up to Neville, and helped him up. "Everyone is to keep their feet on the ground  while I take Mr. Longbottom to the Hospital Wing." She started to walk away. "If I see a broom in the air, the one riding it will be expelled before they can say 'Quidditch'."

I sighed and was about to talk to Harry when I noticed Malfoy was standing in the middle of everybody. "Did you see his pudgy face? If that boy gave this a little squeeze, he'd remember to fall on his fat ass instead of his wrist," Malfoy started to laugh along with the rest of Slytherin.

I, on the other hand, was furious. He has no right to call him that, "Give me it, Malfoy," I strolled up to him with my right palm open.

"Oh, we going by last names now?" He smirked.

"Give me the Remembrall," I said more forcefully. Bullying wasn't an okay thing on my list. And I was willing to get in trouble to stand up for someone.

"No, I think I'll leave it where Longbottom will have to exercise in order to find it," Draco slid behind the group, and flew past us. "What about on the roof?"

I look to Harry, and he turns to me. We both give a nod.

"No, Bridget. No, Harry. Don't. You heard what she said. You could be out of Hogwarts," Hermione tried to stop us. I thought it was cute. Nothing can get in my way when my friends or innocents are threatened.

Me and Harry go up in the air. Harry and I weren't even shaking. Not even a little unsteady. It was as if it came to us naturally. I was flying gracefully through the air. Harry was right by my side. I got on the left side of Malfoy while Harry was on his right.

"Give it, Malfoy, or I will knock you from that broom," yelled Harry. His face was getting a shade of scarlet red. He was getting mad. I haven't seen him this bad since Dudley called me fat and ugly.

"If you say so." Malfoy threw it my way, not realizing I was there.

I zoomed after it, and caught it in mid-air, "Harry!" I was trying to get his attention. Malfoy was determined to get it away from me. He zoomed in my direction.

He looked at me with confusion, and came a little closer. "Catch," I chucked it at him. But Draco ran into me, so it went passed Harry. He dove after it. Malfoy and I were shaky. I decided  back down by Hermione. Harry has got it from here.

As I stepped on the ground, Hermione grabbed by sleeve, "You're so stupid! You could've got caught!"

I smiled and laughed, "Oh 'Mione. You worry so much."

I heard a couple kids cheering. I turned around, and Harry was on the ground walking towards me. I ran to him, and opened his hand. There was the Remembrall. I smiled and put my arm around his shoulder, as everyone came up to him and started to congratulate him for standing up to Malfoy.

"I just want to say, I was his best friend first," I put my hand up. Everyone laughed.

"Harry Potter! Bridget Meadows!" I heard McGonagall's voice boom through the courtyard. I froze. Crap.

"Told you so," Hermione whispered.

Everyone made a pathway, and Harry and I looked straight at Professor McGonagall. I sighed, and hung my head low.

"Follow me," She demanded. She seemed furious. We both looked at each other, and did as she said.  We walked straight behind her, and I could feel the student's eyes glued on my back. We walked for a little bit once in the castle. We reached Professor Quarrel's room and stopped.

Professor Quarrel? What was he going to do? Stare at us until we get uncomfortable. Oh wait that's Snape's job.

"Professor Quarrel, may I borrow Wood for a moment?" The Professor asked. 

I looked to Harry, and he just shrugged.

Professor McGonagall came to us with an older boy, "Potter, Meadows, this is Oliver Wood. Wood, I have found you a new Seeker and Chaser," I looked into her eyes and noticed they were filled with excitement.

Then I looked to all of them, "What?"

"You are Gryffindor's new Chaser and Seeker," Professor said.

"Chaser?" I asked. What. The. Actual. Crap.

"It's a player in Quidditch," Oliver Wood explained.

"Oh no, I can't play Quidditch. I don't even know what it is," I said. There was no way I was going to play a 'sport' I don't even know.

"Oh don't worry. Oliver will teach you. Both of you," McGonagall said.

"Great," I smiled and said through my teeth.

This is going to be grrrreeeaattt....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.5K 33
A Draco Malfoy love story// For readers 16+ Smut, love, & a lot of messes. -Even when drowning seemed like the only option, I was able to find someo...
9 0 9
Alliseinna Malfoy was a perfect girl. She was smart, caring and rather pretty. Her family couldn't have asked for a better daughter. That was until...
50.8K 959 40
Bella Makenna, a sixth year Hufflepuff, is just an average witch attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She spends her days watching Q...
184K 4.3K 40
COMPLETE. MATURE THEMES! Not recommended for those under 18! Hermione Granger has been elected Minister of Magic, something she aspired to since scho...