The Protector

By justgeeking

They were famous. There was the Chosen One. The Brightest Witch of her age. Weasley was their King. But her s... More

Quick Author's Note
Prologue
Keeper Of Keys
Diagon Alley
Platform 9 3/4
Welcome to Hogwarts
First day; First Classes
Lemon Drops
Secrets
TROLL!
...Quidditch...
*Christmas Time*
Time Passes
Detention
Back to School
Obstacles Galore
End of First Year
Weasleys to the Rescue
The Burrow
Diagon Alley
Missing the Train...
Oh Boy...
First Day of Second Year
Rude Much
A Strange Detention and Hearing Things
A Little More Clear
The Library
First Quidditch Match: Year 2
Dueling Club
What to do...
Another Attack, Another Blame
Changing Into My Enemy
New Accusations and Theories
Out of my Control
So...We Followed The Spiders
Our Goon of A Teacher
The Chamber of Secrets
Saving Dobby
The End of Second Year
What'd You Do, Harry?
Weird Things
Attacked On The Hogwarts Train
A Nice Welcome Back
First Classes of Third Year
Special Lessons
First Date In Hogsmeade
Sirius Black In The Castle
Werewolves and Annoying People
Not Enough Sleep
My Animagus
Second Date...?
Wondering About The Corridors
Good-bye Buckbeak
I WAS RIGHT ONCE MORE!
Being Badass
I Can't Believe It
Great Ending of 3rd Year
I Forgive You
Oh, Weasleys...
...The Quidditch World Cup...
The Mark
Welcoming New Schools
Unbelievable...
Triwizard Champions
My Romeo ♥️
Dragons?!
The First Task
Dance Lessons
Yule Ball
Clues for the Second Task
The Second Task
The Pensieve
The Third Task
He's Back
Ending Fourth Year
Not A Way To Begin Summer
Dementors
Order of the Phoenix
So Many Emotions
Our Hearing
Hogwarts Bound
Dreams
Defense Against The Dark Arts
Not Alone
Umbridge At It Again
A Prophecy
Dumbledore's Army
Date Night
Practice and Practice
The Dream
Christmas Break
Hagrid's home
We Got Caught
Anger I've Never Felt
Hagrid's Secret
Fireworks 🎇
Caught...Again
Dumbledore's Secret Weapon
The Department of Mysteries
Vengeful
Ending of Fifth Year
Summer Time
Suspision
Welcome Back to Hogwarts
Potions Class
There Are Signs
Quidditch Season
The Three Broomsticks
Slughorn's Dinner
Harry Was Right
The Truth
Passing Time
Slughorn's Party
Holiday Break
Poison in the Drinks
Sectumsempra
Evening with Slughorn
Horcruxes
Last Wishes
Rest in Peace
Beginning of the End
To The Burrow
Selfish
A Crashed Wedding
Nearly Killed in a Cafe
Nightmares
Grimmauld Place
Invading the Ministry
Camping With Horcruxes
Traveling
My Adventures With Ron
Back Together
Hello Hermione
The Deathly Hallows
Malfoy Manor
Finally, He Apologized
Burying Dobby
Deciding the Next Step
Author's Note (Please Read)
Robbing Gringotts
Escaping on a Dragon
Aberforth Dumbledore
Back at Hogwarts; Back at Home
Finding Another Horcrux
Goodbye Snape
Losing Everyone I've Loved
Fighting For Love
The Happy Ending
Please Read
Thank You!

I Got A Letter

3.4K 85 18
By justgeeking

It was July 29th, and I just got done walking the neighborhood with Harry. It was about 7 o'clock. We like to take night walks to look at the stars.

He was telling me about how his uncle and aunt were hiding something and he wanted to know what. I just thought it was weird. Another thing that I thought was weird was the amount of owls in our neighborhood. There were so many it was starting to freak me out. Especially since owls were nocturnal. 

"Well, I hope it get's better. See ya Flash," I walked up my driveway, my back to the house as we both said goodbye. I gave him that nickname from the 'birthmark' (that's what I thought it was) he had on his forehead.

"Yeah, same to you. Bye four-eyes," He waved and laughed. 

I rolled my eyes, and got the mail. I always got the mail, then separate the bills from ads. Occasionally, we might get something that's different like coupons or wedding invitation. 

I walked inside, "Mom?" I called. I never knew when she's ever home anymore. That year was the sixth year of my dad's death. It sucked. I figured mom was out getting even more wasted as usual. 

I didn't get a reply, or any sound. She wasn't there. I rolled my eyes, and sat down at the dining room table. I sorted them into piles. The quiet around the house was starting to standout to me. I didn't like it that much, but it could've been worse. Way worse. 

As I was going through the mail, which wasn't much, I came across a cream colored envelope. A thick, cream colored envelope. I looked it over and noticed it was for me. I put it in my lap, I'll see to it later. 

After I sorted out the mail, I took the envelope and went into my room. My door shut behind me. 

Mrs. Bridget Meadows,

5 Private Drive, Little Whinging England

First thought that came to my mind: Who is this? I opened the envelope and inside were two papers. The first paper read this:

Dear Mrs. Meadows,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins September 1. We await your owl no later then July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

I reread the letter 5 times and I still couldn't believe it. How? Is this some sort of prank? I looked at the list, hoping this letter was joking; and why would they just now get it to me when I only have like less than a day to...send my owl?

I read through the list of items, and my eyes went wide. I flopped onto my bed...Does this mean...I'm...a...witch? It can't be. I started to whisper to myself, "I'm ordinary. More ordinary than ordinary. This can't be real."

I groaned, and rubbed my temples. This is so much to take in. Then I heard the door swing and hit the wall. Mother was home. I heard her stumbling around. Did she know?

I got up and opened my door. Mother was slouched on the couch. This time she didn't seem drunk. She seemed...tired. I walked in, trying to pretend nothing was really wrong. She glanced at me. "Yeah?"

I held up the letter, "Do you know what this is?"

She just tilted her head, "A letter." 

"Funny, but not the answer I was hoping for," I walked over to her and held it in front of her face. "What is this?" I asked. I swear she was behind all of this.

Her mouth went wide. Her eyes were glistening with tears. Within her eyes I could see pain and sorrow. Nothing more than normal, but it seemed to be worsened. 

"You know what it is."

"Sit down," she demanded. "I have a lot to tell you."

I sat, shaking. Nothing had happened like this. Except for that time she gave me a birthday card from my grandparents. It turned out that it wasn't from them and she wanted to see me cry, which is messed up. 

"This is from Hogwarts," she started. "This is a school for young witches and wizards. You, Bridget, are a witch. There are such things, trust me. Your grandparents, my mum and dad, were a witch and wizard as well. I, however, did not get the letter. I was a disappointment. They told me different and that they loved me no matter what, but I couldn't think that I was anything more than ordinary. Anyways, I met your father, and had you. You were special since we first held you. I figured that my parents put a spell on you, but as I can see now that was not the case. 

"After your grandparents died, they left us money for the magic world just in case of this situation. It's stashed away in a vault somewhere else. They told me it was Gringotts. So, in Hogwarts, there are four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Gryffindor is for those who are brave; Hufflepuff is for those who are kind and loyal; Ravenclaw is for the wise and creative; and Slytherin is for the cunning. Your grandmother was a Ravenclaw, and your grandpa was a Gryffindor," She stopped, and stared at the ground.

"How come you didn't get a letter?" I asked.

She got really mad, "I DON'T KNOW, OKAY!" She screamed at me.

"I--I'm sorry. I...I just was w-" I got interrupted. I stood up, trembling from fear. Unconsciously, I raised my hands a little. 

"You were just wondering?" she scoffed. "Wondering why your mother was unwanted? Wondering why you have such a pathetic family?" She got  up and walked over to me. 

"No! No, not-"

She slapped me. My hands weren't fast enough. Her wedding ring grazed my cheek. It stung. I let out a little squeal. She had never hit me so hard that it left a mark until that day. I held my cheek. The more I touched it, the more it stung. I looked up to her with wide eyes. 

She didn't seem too affected by that. Mum got up in my face, "Pack your stuff up, and go. I want you out by tomorrow night. I don't want to see you until next summer." She shoved past me. 

A teardrop rolled down my cheek. I winced as it sunk into my scratch. I watched her walk into her room. She called to me, "Bridget! Before I forget, take this. You can have it," she threw a box at me.

I wasn't fast enough. The box hit the ground. From within, I heard something shatter and break. As quickly as I could, my knees dropped onto the floor next to the box. The front door slammed shut. She was gone. She always seemed to be gone. I picked up the box. A tear fell from my cheek, leaving a stain on the cardboard box. 

 I didn't understand why she hated me. I ran into my room with the letter and the box, and fell onto my bed. Letting go of the box, I squeezed my pillow for comfort. I couldn't cry; not now. There's too much to do. I took a deep breath. Just hold it all in, just a little bit. 

I shook myself calm. I opened the box and inside were pictures in frames, but they moved. The frames were broken now from when Mother threw the box. I picked them up as careful as I could. They were of two people and a child in their arms. Cradling her. I could only guess this was my mom and grandparents. There were others, but I didn't have time to look through them all. At the bottom of the pictures was a bracelet and a key.

On the silver bracelet were charms: a wand, a hat, a moon, a star, and a wolf. I smiled. This was mine now. I finally had something that reminded me of my past. I never seemed to want to remember it. I put it on, and looked at it again. It fit my wrist perfectly. I took out the key, and there was something engraved in it. It was almost like a number but I couldn't tell. I slid it in my jean pockets. Assuming it was for Gringotts, I slid it in my jean pockets. 

I pulled out a trunk from underneath my bed. On it were my initials: B.M. On top was my full name: Bridget Meadows. I swung it open, and started to fill it up a quarter full of my clothes. Five pair of jeans, two pair of sweatpants; a pair of yoga pants, five tee-shirts, five sweatshirts, a pair of sneakers, flats, and boots; and undergarments.

I went into the bathroom. I glanced up at the mirror and noticed my cheek. Where my mother had slapped me, was a scratch that went almost all the way across my cheek. I touched it, and it really didn't hurt that bad anymore. Why did she have to do that? She could've sent me to bed without supper or something. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It's going to be okay once I see Harry, I thought to myself. Oh. Harry. I can't just leave him. So...I have to tell him. I figured I could seem him before I had to leave. 

I got my toiletry bag and filled it up as much as I could. I made a mental check list: Toothpaste, check; toothbrush, check; face wash, check; bunch of hair things, check; hairbrush, check; contacts, check. What did I need for Hogwarts? I asked myself. I waved it off, I can get it tomorrow.

Everything is going to be okay, was my last thought before I drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2K 48
Hermione escaped from the Weasleys house because Ron got a girl pregnant and went into the muggle world for a fresh start, accidently being partners...
282K 6.1K 50
[COMPLETED] A love for your best friend leads to a complicated relationship between Fred Weasley and Elizabeth Baker. Follow their journey through th...
722K 17.3K 94
Everyone knows about the second wizarding war. Eveyone know that's Fred Weasley lost his life. But no body knew that she did too. Emma Summers the sa...
377 29 13
In which a half human-half witch is forced into Hogwarts School of Wizardry against her will, only to be thrown into the world of campus bad boy-Drac...