INTERTWINED | PABLO GAVI

By fcestx

β˜† when he's all she wants to be, but she's all he wants to be. fc barcelona's best youngsters, made in l... More

cast
[1] first words
[2] gym run in
[3] show off
[4] trophy posts
[5] press conferences
[6] history
[7] unofficial
[8] third wheel
[9] paper rings
[11] warnings
[12] she said that?
[13] real talk
[14] see you again
[15] uswnt cameo
[16] eyes on the prize
[17] cool about it
[18] sevilla
[19] the deal
[20] supercopa de espaΓ±a final
[21] like we agreed
[22] not so bad
[23] out and about
[24] i think
[25] late night talking
[26] fears?
[27] scheming
[28] gift dilemma
[29] almas unidas
[30] nothing new
[31] too late
[32] answer
[33] after the storm
[34] at it again
[35] avoidance
[36] second chance
[37] goodbye europa
[38] right words
[39] daylight
[40] missed you
[41] big win
[42] starry eyes
[43] forever thirty
[44] the invite
[45] first impression
[46] sweet
[47] c & p
[48] when you know, you know
[49] sunshine
[50] the news
[51] i think they know
[52] almost official
[53] last minute
[54] golden
[55] soft launch
[56] oh que serΓ‘?
[57] dreams
[58] house "owners"
[59] gavira's
[60] city of love
[61] seville dump

[10] suspisions

1.7K 43 4
By fcestx

GAVI's POV

"quieres algo de comer? (want something to eat?)" pedri asks as we enter the kitchen to his place. "no gracias. (no thanks)" i respond back knowing exactly why i'm here.

"gavi, you're here?" from around the corner, we hear fernando's voice as he entered the kitchen too. "como te va? (how's it going?)" i dap him up and he brings me in for a hug and shrugs off my question. "como siempre. (like always)"

better than nothing.

we all sit on their island when pedri gave me a glass of water anyways.

we have an evening training today before our game tomorrow. "isn't camile playing right now?"

well, it's saturday so i'd assume. "go to dazn." pedri orders fernando and he has no problem going to the couch and turning on the tv as we watch him all excited. "he still wishes she was older for him?" i ask, turning back to pedri.

pedri would've answered if fernando didn't beat him to it, though. "everyday!"

but we all knew that.

"you were right, she is." all our attention goes back to the screen. it just so happens that the game is at a pause and we see as medical staff get on the pitch.

"i wonder who—"

"oh my god." pedri whispers when the camera angle changed and we saw camile just waiting there with a bloody nose. "how did that happen?!"

"it looks bad." i say but if anything, she looks more upset than physically hurt. "you think they'll show a replay?" pedri suggests.

"they better."

a few minutes go by until camile finally has assistance and a side screen pops up on the right where the replay the moment it happens. "como que no es roja?! (what do you mean it's not a red?!)"

i only furrow my eyebrows even more in total agreement with fernando. "she's already on a yellow too!" pedri yells.

not only did the athletic club player pull her shirt, but she elbowed her in the face on purpose immediately after. "there's no way the ref didn't see that."

"maybe they'll check var." i suggest.

more minutes go by and from what it looks like, camile can still play. well, she's insisting on playing. "well yeah it's the last twenty minutes and they're still tied." we all watch closer as she picks herself up after rejecting the hands around her.

"anyways," while pedri wants to get back on topic and fernando puts the volume down for this, i watch as the camera only follows her back.

"gavi?"

but the moment ended and i'm turning the stool to face him again.

"what was up with ana on thursday just showing up?"

"wait she showed up to your practice?" fernando didn't have a care unless camile was on screen, which is why he got up just to lean on the island with us. "i was just as confused, pedri."

it was nothing but the truth.

"but you talked, que te dijo? (what'd she tell you?)" i can't believe i was about to recite this. "she—" god i hate this already, "tuvo sospechas de mi respuesta sobre camile. como llego a verlo ella mismo. (she had suspicions over my answer about camile. so she came to see herself)"

"oh this chick is insane."

"que carajo (what the fuck), fernando?!"

"i was gonna say something similar." my attention goes back to pedri with a betrayed look as if they were talking about some other girl and not the girl i've been talking to for weeks. "sorry but that's just not something you do!"

"i mean, i kind of understand where she was coming from—"

"she's rubbing her insanity on of you!"

"fernando!" both pedri and i yell. at least now i had someone to back me up. "i'm just saying because i've never spoken this much to camile since the gala!"

"and do you find that to be a good thing or a bad thing?"

how do they want me to answer that?

we still aren't close, but if ana had her suspicions then it must not be the greatest thing to have happened. "i don't really... care."

"you suck." pedri never has anything to rebuttal with other than that. but honestly, it'll do it every time. "but it's definitely not bad!" she isn't, and i'll swear by that.

i just kinda wish it didn't have to affect what i could have with ana.

and i make sure to tell these two that. "except camile has nothing to do with that. it's just ana."

i hate that i agree with pedri.

"i told her something similar," especially after an unexpected visit just to tell me that. "i told her she shouldn't even be worrying because we hardly know each other and that this whole thing wouldn't be happening if she didn't overthink it."

"you said that?"

"porque tan sorprendido? (why so surprised?)" i ask fernando from next to me. "oh you know why."

i roll my eyes at him and pedri laughs at us. "tiene razón. (he's right)"

"it was a one time thing!" are they forgetting i apologized to camile?! "good to know you aren't committing it again." it's slowly starting to become unbearable to be around them. "yeah whatever." i say.

"ay pobrecito, como que lo ofendimos a pablito. (poor thing, it's like we offended pablito)"

"deja! (leave me alone!)"

i didn't need them ringing my neck and making fun of me.

"wait leave him for a second!" after pedri yelled that, all our attention went back to the tv which is what pedri was motioning for in the first place.

camile had the ball she received from cata as she stood right in the midfield.

keira and aitana are more than open. jonatan even motions to that from the sideline. "what is she—" but i shush fernando because it's obvious she's waiting for a player to approach her to take the ball.

or at least try to.

they take the hint and run towards her, but she moves so swiftly to her left, passing the midfield like nothing.

it's like theres an invisible string connecting her to the ball. it's something she can't lose even if someone tried.

but for a moment, we all thought someone was.

a player put their foot in the way but she easily picked it up and jumped over, bringing it back down with a head bump and continued her run. "they're gonna corner her." even pedri didn't wanna say it loud because all his attention was on the screen, but he was right, they cornered her to the left, now far from the post.

"shit."

"deja de dudar. (stop doubting)" i don't know how fernando managed to say what i was thinking when pedri spoke again, but he did because this was nothing for her.

i meant what i said to her.

her mind was so complex on what to do when under pressure.

she'll always be the better 30.

i don't know why for a second she let the interviewers get to her head. it was clear that she'd live up to her name in a matter of years and actually be considered barca's future.

and while i will always take it as a compliment when i receive it, she deserves the title too.

she stepped over the ball countless of times enough to dizzy a defender. it was so clean that it didn't look like she was doing much till the defender was behind her and she picked up the ball with her right foot and kicked it aiming for the far right corner where it brushed the keepers glove and found it's way into the back of the net.

"jesus christ." i finally say after being the most silent one here.

all her teammates go running to her in the corner with the rest of the stadium that seems packed tonight, too.

"i'll never get how she does it."

"i don't think you're meant to." i say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 947 54
y/n a completely normal girl, goes to visit her cousins in barcelona. her best friends obsession with a young futbol player, pablo gavi, leads them t...
100K 981 39
A book filled with cute One-Shots about Pablo Gavi:)
272K 4.6K 39
β˜† 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ two futbol players, same club, same number; start everything off on the wrong foot only to have to meet each other from the be...
126K 3.5K 69
❈ marisol messi, former PSG player, returns with her dad and family as they find their way back to their roots and play for FC Barcelona once ag...