Chapter 10

It was already time for the signature; Willow held the fabric of her dress in her fists, praying she wouldn't do something she would regret in the near future. Her situation was crucial.

Stepping into the big hall; she saw few people mainly the maids her grandmother, Silvia, the dean, Mr. Hendrix, and finally the brat imposed on her. Gulping loudly that brat looked Oh so fancy in the black Armani tuxedo. It was no secret that Ryker attracted her. Yet, only if they were under normal circumstances would she admit it.

Taking a look towards the most aggressive girl he encountered so far; his jaw dropped in amazement. She looked dainty. If he didn't know how violent she could be he would've thought she's a fallen angel, not a human being. Her long hair in gentle waves, her lashes well curled her lips an exquisite shade of pink. His sister did a great job indeed.

Sitting with a huff on her chair; Willow didn't acknowledge the Greek god sitting right next to her.

"I don't want this." She spoke bluntly in front of everyone. Yet, the old man they brought for the ceremony said nothing and proceeded to say the words he got used to saying at every wedding.

"I'm saying I don't want this. I'm not giving my consent. Why are you ignoring me; shouldn't you perform justice." She nagged, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Mrs. Hendrix. I'm here to get your signature, I cannot perform justice if it's against my superiors. Now sign." He explained ordering at last.

"So this is how it goes around this country huh? You bought the cops, the judges, and even humanity." She yelled crying at the same time.

"Stop making a scene and sign, this will not go unnoticed by my father. Don't do this for the sake of your only family." Warned Ryker.

Sinking in her chair Willow gave up and signed. She knew there was no way out of her miserable situation since cops were on their side, no soul can help her now.

Willow tuned out everything happening after that. She didn't care about the blessings, the cake, the drinks nor the glare she was receiving from both Silvia and her husband.

"Now it wasn't that bad, was it?" asked a smiling Ryker.

Willow glared at him in disgust as she made her way towards the entrance door grabbing her grandmother on the way "Let's go home." She stated.

"Not so fast daughter in law. You're not going anywhere. You will stay with your husband." Spoke a composed Mr. Hendrix.

"You said this marriage will be on paper. What changed?" She spat through gritted teeth.

"My son's decision changed. Go and freshen up, I want you in my study as soon as you finish." He ordered

"Sir, we did as you wish. I signed on that paper. Now, stand behind your word and let me go home." Spoke a now helpless girl.

"Son, you have a long way ahead. This girl is a handful. I expect you to teach her discipline inside this mansion."

"I am not a handful. If anything, I'm the one who honored her word." She glared through tears.

"Willow your grandma can sleep here tonight." Sighed Ryker. He pitied his bride, she has only been in the mansion for a few hours and she's facing all of this. Even though he held grudges he still wanted to treat her well when his father was in the picture.

Looking at Feline, Willow nodded hesitantly "And I sleep with her?" It came out more like a plea rather than a question.

Ryker nodded immediately, "Sure. I'll make maids prepare one of the guest rooms." He assured.

"Come I'll give you pajamas and get you ready for the night, David will take care of your grandmother." Spoke an assuring Beth.

Willow gave a quick nod before following her sister in law.

There was no point fighting this family. Her grandmother is an old lady; she stood no chance in front of them.

After a long-almost-relaxing bath, Willow changed into the set of cotton pajamas Beth provided her; it was comfortable indeed, unlike the atmosphere.

"Ryker will take you to my father's study. Please Willow do not argue, it will only fuel him."

"Do not fret Beth I can manage myself." She assured.

Ryker stood in the hallway waiting patiently for her, he changed into a casual outfit, he still looked attractive; at least that's what she thought coming out of his sister's room.

"What am I supposed to do now?" asked a lost Willow.

"Wear this." He responded taking a small box out of his pocket. Willow almost gasped at the sight of the beautiful ring.

"Why so?"

"You are my wife now Willow. What other reason there should be? People should know you are taken."

"Taken aback by your sudden behavior; maybe. But, taken? I'm not sure." She commented crossing her arms under her chest.

"Willow, don't be difficult now. I swear to god dealing with you is harder than dealing with a child." He sighed in frustration.

"Then don't deal with me." She spoke in anger, walking ahead.

"It's this way, Willow." He pointed to the opposite corridor. Taking her left hand in his he forced the ring on her finger. Without leaving her hand; he guided her towards his father's study.

"Look no matter what happens inside; don't say anything you might regret. I give chances my father doesn't. Clear?" He asked.

"Why are you helping me?" She asked in disbelief.

"Because I can" He shrugged. Knocking on the door, they were granted permission to walk in.

"Father!" Greeted a concerned Ryker.

Damon sat behind his mahogany desk, every corner around this house screamed filthy rich.

"Sit down." He ordered.

Taking a seat next to each other Willow looked down deep in thought, while Ryker waited for whatever tantrum his father was going to pull.

"Willow, I loved your boldness the first time we met but it came with respect back then. I will not tolerate any kind of disobedience or disrespect in my household. Am I clear?"

"Sir, you turned my life upside down for the sake of your son's enjoyment. I did nothing but protect my honor and look where I am."

"You should consider yourself lucky. Many would kill to be in your shoes."

"I'm not one of them." She commented.

"Do not say a word next time until I finish." He warned in anger.

"Father I guess this is unnecessary, I'm sure Willow is tired. It already happened let's leave it in the past." Interfered Ryker; in hopes of saving his bride.

"I will let this slide, but if you commit the same mistake again god knows what I'm capable of doing."

"I guess my grandma's card is an old one, pick another." Commented a now angry Willow; standing up to leave.

"Young lady come back here." Yelled the father.

Willow jumped in fright. For the first time since they met did Mr. Hendrix yell, he has always been composed.

Damon stood up, walking around his desk; he took long confident strides towards his daughter in law. Without thinking Ryker stood in front of her.

"Father, she has a bad habit of talking before thinking. We'll work on it. And, I guess dealing with my wife is my responsibility now." He spoke trying to reason with his now fuming father.

"Take her out of my sight. Next time I won't show mercy Ryker Keep that in mind."

"Yes, father."

Without a second thought, Ryker dragged a shocked Willow out of his father's study.

"Are you insane or what?" Asked; a now angry male.