Chapter 33

"It was nice having dinner with you." nodded Ryker after a big commotion on who's going to pay for the dinner, and of course he won.

Starting his car towards the hotel, he asked, "What are you hiding, Willow?"

"Nothing." She answered shortly, lying her head on the chair she's sitting on.

"Why did I see fear in your eyes then?" He looked her way before focusing on the road.

"I was just surprised, it was a spam message." She lied.

"I won't insist any further, but if I know by any chance that you're lying at me, it won't go by without consequences." He threatened.

"What are you going to do? Cheat on me? Slap me? Punish me? You and your father already did all of it." She shook her head in disbelief, the nerve of this man.

"When have I ever laid a hand on you? I'm not responsible for what my father did and yet you see me as the culprit." He seethed.

"I'm tired please." She spoke weakly as sleep was taking her in its arms.

"Alright." He sighed.

The moment they reached their destination Willow was fast asleep, Ryker shook his head, how can an angel-like person be such a handful? Taking her between his arms he walked towards the private elevator and pressed the last floor.

"You got used to me carrying you to bed, huh!" He smiled kissing her forehead before covering her with the sheets, Ryker looked at the sea in front of him from behind the gigantic window in their room, putting his hands in his pockets, he got lost in his own thoughts.

The look she gave when she read the message didn't settle well with him and he was worried whether she was getting bullied again or someone is bothering her.

Taking a glance behind him, she looked petite and innocent in her sleep, unlike the ferocity she displays when awake, she amazed him, everything she does leaves him flabbergasted and that was driving him insane, no woman has ever had an impact on him like his bride, and no woman succeeded in catching his attention for this long except the little spitfire he legally wedded.

He continued staring at the night lights and the beautiful liquid infinity in front of him, his woman was just like the sea, beautiful to look at, mysterious, dangerous yet inviting, a rare mixture indeed.

The young heir decided to go for a quick shower before waking his Willow up to change her clothes, he was sure her clothes would bother her sleep throughout the night.

"Willow! Wake up." He called as he crouched down to her level and gently played with her hair.

"Willow, wake up girl, you need to change your clothes."

"Leave me alone." She whined turning around so her back is facing him.

"Please, wake up, you'll thank me tomorrow."

"No." She mumbled hugging the pillow to her chest as she stretched her knee up on the bed.

"If you don't wake up I'll change your clothes for you myself." He warned; he's not letting her sleep in a pair of jeans and tight crop-top.

Sitting upright, Willow blinked in response to the nightstands' light.

"Why are you so mean? Why can't a girl sleep in peace in your house?" She glared her eyes puffy from the deep slumber she was experiencing seconds ago.

"It's my fault for trying to make you sleep in comfortable clothes.

"Go wash your face from that mascara and change your clothes, then you can sleep all you want." He smiled patting her head.