Chapter 14

It was already past ten in the evening when Willow went back to the mansion, she felt alone and most importantly not at home.

A maid greeted her welcoming her in.

Willow made her way towards the stairs when a voice called for her from the main sitting area.

"Where were you?" He asked.

Quickly pushing the ring into her finger; she turned around.

"Why are you asking?" She glared.

"I have every right to know about your whereabouts Willow."

"Don't take the husband role seriously; we both are trapped in this." She rolled her eyes.

"Where were you?" He asked again.

"Where were you yesterday until dawn?" She questioned, smirking.

"None of your business."

"See! It is none of your business too." She glared leaving towards the guest room.

When she heard him take angry steps behind her, she sprinted towards the room locking it before his arrival.

Knocking on the huge wooden door he threatened "Either you open this door or I'll break it, Willow."

"Then you'll have to break every door in this mansion." She yelled.

"Willow, don't be difficult now, I'm just trying to talk with you."

"I'm not in the mood Ryker, go live your life. I'm sure you are late to your party." She commented; getting her pajamas ready for her shower.

"Willow." He yelled.

"You do not scare me, Ryker." She chanted.

"I'll give you a reason to be scared then." He threatened walking away.

Right, when she put on the bathrobe after her quick shower a tall figure walked inside the bathroom.

"What? ... What are you doing here?" She screamed in shock.

"I won't have to break every door for we have spares." He smirked; taking long confident strides towards her; Willow backed away trying to figure a way to escape the walls of the bathroom.

"What are you going to do?" She gulped loudly her heart pounding in her ears.

"You are not scared of me huh?" smirked a now angry Ryker.

Willow tried dodging him and making a run for the exit. Yet, Ryker was quicker than herself.

Catching her by the waist; he made her back collide with his front.

"Please..." gasped a surprised Willow, "At least let me wear my clothes." She begged.

"Aw! Where's the fun huh?" smirked a mischievous heir.

"Where were you?" He asked caging her with the now-closed bathroom door.

"Leave me alone Ryker." She ordered closing her eyes shut in anticipation.

His lips made contact with the back of her neck earning himself a shivering kitten, while his free hand made its way towards her thigh.

"At work... At work. Please let go." She begged in a hurry.

"What work?" He asked further.

"I work a part-time job at the library two blocks away from campus." She managed to vocalize before his hand goes any further north.

"Please let go." The once fearless girl started crying in fear of what might happen in the next few seconds.

"What if you're lying?" He asked before leaving her thigh and turning her around to face him.

"I swear I'm not, you can call them if you want they will confirm it." She sighed in relief at the loss of contact; proceeding to tighten the knot of the bathrobe around her waist.

"Now, who's the guy I always see roaming around you?" He accused.

"Who?" She questioned wiping her tears away.

"The one you hugged today." He looked down into her tearful eyes; he figured she didn't like being touched.

"Mike! He is my childhood friend." She shook her head, "Let me go change."

"I don't want him around you." He declared.

Sighing Willow responded in anger "Look Ryker, I said nothing about your life. I will never be yours, get over it."

"You are already mine Willow, I have rights on you."

"Then so do I." She yelled.

"Watch your tone, I'm being patient here." He warned.

Opening the door she walked towards the bed fetching her clothes before reaching for the room's exit.

"Where to?"

"Another room, I want to change my clothes in peace." She glared.

"You stay here I'm leaving."

Willow shook her head in disbelief. The same man who was demanding answers from her is now leaving for the night without an explanation.

Locking the door behind him; Willow proceeded to push the desk behind it.

She changed her clothes, dried her hair, and sat on the bed with a book she borrowed from the library at hand.

He lost count of the drinks he had, he wanted to forget how her skin felt under his hand. Sitting in one of the clubs his father owns, he looked down from the VIP section a drink at hand.

Ryker, let the girl sitting on his lap do her job; she was one of Alex's friends. He made it clear that it was just a one-night affair and he didn't want anything to do with her after.

Willow was sleeping in peace when a loud screech woke her up. She immediately sat up in alert, checking the digital clock it was only two in the morning.

"Why the hell is this here?" He groaned in annoyance.

"For unwanted visits, like this one." She sighed in disbelief.

Walking inside he locked the door after him before moving the desk to its original spot. "Don't play with furniture." He ordered going for a shower.

Willow rolled her eyes before covering herself with the sheets again, if anything he will sleep on the couch; she thought.

It didn't take him long to freshen up as he went out in a towel around his waist, Ryker strode towards the wardrobe for boxers and sweatpants.

Gulping a glass of water he sat on the bed.

"You are not sleeping here." She stated.

"Then where?" He asked in annoyance.

"Take the couch or another room." She suggested.

"I'm tired Willow let's argue tomorrow."

"I'm not arguing, you go take the couch or leave the room we're not sleeping on the same bed."

Sighing he took his pillow, fetching covers from the closet Ryker made his way towards the couch.