Chapter 23

"So are you Willow, so are you." He looked into her eyes reading her soul as if it was an open book.

"You have never talked about your parents though; they didn't even come to our wedding." He asked trying to know more about her.

Willow wiped the tears that she failed to keep inside and looked at her lobster.

"They live abroad, I was raised at grandma's, my aunt was the one who took care of me."

"But you said you hated your aunt!" He exclaimed

"No that's another aunt. My aunt died eight years ago." She said while fixing her eyes on his shoulder trying her best not to cry at the memory of her aunt.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Mother died eight years ago too." He nodded.

"I guess we have some things in common." She forced a smile.

"We do indeed."

"I don't feel like eating anymore." She mumbled looking at her lobster dish.

"No, that's not up for question. I'd like you to gain some weight." He winked making a blush erupt on her cheeks

"I- I don't know how – how to start this." She stuttered both in confusion and embarrassment, she had no second thoughts about how handsome the gentleman sitting across from her is yet it only impacted her now.

"I'll do it for you." He nodded taking her plate in front of him and skillfully working on her lobster before returning it to an amazed beautiful lady.

"Enjoy your food." He smiled trying to lighten her mood after talking about all the misery they've been through.

"You too, Ryker," she spoke softly making him believe his assumption. His girl was putting a mask to scare the world but she was vulnerable and she needed someone to shelter her.

Willow unconsciously moaned in delight at the heavenly taste of the lobster as it was the first time she gets to eat it, which made Ryker clear his throat before focusing on anything else to restrain himself against thinking about all the skills he had in store for his bride.

"It's really delicious" She smiled before curiously looking at a now stiff man across her.

"I'm glad you're enjoying it, eat more." He smiled before sipping his wine.

"Do you have classes this afternoon?" She asked

"No! Why?"

"Then let's go somewhere else after this, please." She pleaded; holding into the knife and fork in her hands, she didn't know if her so-called husband is really nice as he portrays himself to be or she should still be cautious around him and his decisions.

"Don't you have classes?" He asked in a tone daring her to lie.

Playing with the food on her plate, Willow moved in discomfort on her chair. "I mean, I- I do have classes, I just don't feel like attending." She shrugged.

"Whatever you want then, we can go anywhere you want." He smiled at how cute his tigress can be. He has never even imagined that the tough girl turning their household upside down since her arrival can be this adorable and even ask for permission.

Willow grinned in happiness as she continued devouring the lobster.

After desert, Ryker proceeded to put money on their table for the waitress before leaving the restaurant.

Fastening their seatbelts, Ryker looked at his spitfire before vocalizing, "Last time you said there's no next time, we had no idea what fate would bring upon us." He smiled in disbelief.